PDA

View Full Version : Reds catch a break

arkimadee
06-03-2010, 05:16 PM
It looks like Tim Lincecum is going to pitch Sunday. Therefore the Reds will play the Giants for 4 games next week and miss him in the rotation. They also got lucky by Strasburg not making his MLB debut until next week. It's time to put some wins on the board.

BuckWild03
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
It looks like Tim Lincecum is going to pitch Sunday. Therefore the Reds will play the Giants for 4 games next week and miss him in the rotation. They also got lucky by Strasburg not making his MLB debut until next week. It's time to put some wins on the board.

You know I'm not so sure we did catch a break. Lincecum isn't pitching all that well in his last few starts, at least not like the Cy Young pitcher that he has been the last 2 years.

Also, I wouldn't mind putting it to Strasburg in his debut and giving him a little reality check.

redsfan_12
06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
You know I'm not so sure we did catch a break. Lincecum isn't pitching all that well in his last few starts, at least not like the Cy Young pitcher that he has been the last 2 years.

Also, I wouldn't mind putting it to Strasburg in his debut and giving him a little reality check.

I agree with your second statement. Im glad we dont face lincecum. However, I too wish we got to see Strasburg, I hope he is a bust.

FlyerFanatic
06-03-2010, 07:42 PM
i dont really hope strasburg is a bust, i mean i'm sure the kid is a good kid, but ya the media is going to look like fools if he comes up and gets smacked around a bit. leake gets no attention, but you know what, i dont mind it. leake can fly under the radar and continue to throw gems

Kingspoint
06-03-2010, 11:19 PM
It's actually not a break.

Lincecum has pitched like doggy-doo-doo his last three games.

redlegs7089
06-03-2010, 11:33 PM
their rotation is stacked...so either way its going to be tough

Kingspoint
06-03-2010, 11:44 PM
their rotation is stacked...so either way its going to be tough

That's what I'm saying. I'd rather face Lincecum right now.

arkimadee
06-04-2010, 12:28 AM
It's actually not a break.

Lincecum has pitched like doggy-doo-doo his last three games.
i know, but we all know how the Reds do against top of the rotation guys.

gilpdawg
06-04-2010, 04:43 AM
i dont really hope strasburg is a bust, i mean i'm sure the kid is a good kid, but ya the media is going to look like fools if he comes up and gets smacked around a bit. leake gets no attention, but you know what, i dont mind it. leake can fly under the radar and continue to throw gems

Seems like Leake is getting quite a bit of attention. SI article, USA Today story, among others.

Pony Boy
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Strasburg will be good, but I think he is the type of pitcher that the Reds would do pretty well against. Especially Votto, Bruce and Gomes.