PDA

View Full Version : phillips in the 4 hole today

webbbj
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
does it not seem counter productive to his success to have in the 4 hole when hes played his best in the 2 hole. i realize cairo is playing today but i would think dusty could maneuver the lineup in a way to keep him at 2.

GIDP
06-06-2010, 01:15 PM
does it not seem counter productive to his success to have in the 4 hole when hes played his best in the 2 hole. i realize cairo is playing today but i would think dusty could maneuver the lineup in a way to keep him at 2.

dusty just thinks Cairo is a better hitter than Stubbs, Bruce, and Nix.

nemesis
06-06-2010, 11:22 PM

As off as that seems. Your right. Dusty has some "odd" tendencies. I really hope he has learned his lesson with Cairo at 3B after his ole' today and his game costing bobble in Atlanta. He is fine at 1B and probably at 2B but I wouldn't play him anywhere else no matter how deep Janish is in Dusty's Dog House.

kfm
06-06-2010, 11:43 PM

That would explain why Cairo is one of the regular 8 because Dusty thinks he is so much better than the hitters you mentioned. Really??? Could you please explain the basis of this comment, because on its face it makes zero sense. I would like Dusty to bat phillips second even when Rolen is off. Here is an article about Rays fans on blogs and elsewhere who rip their manager. Looks like the criticsm is so bad that it was actually addressed in an article. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/article1098727.ece. After reading the article, I guess I have to wonder are there any fans who actually don't think they are smarter than their manager?

GIDP
06-06-2010, 11:49 PM
That would explain why Cairo is one of the regular 8 because Dusty thinks he is so much better than the hitters you mentioned. Really??? Could you please explain the basis of this comment, because on its face it makes zero sense. I would like Dusty to bat phillips second even when Rolen is off. Here is an article about Rays fans on blogs and elsewhere who rip their manager. Looks like the criticsm is so bad that it was actually addressed in an article. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/article1098727.ece. After reading the article, I guess I have to wonder are there any fans who actually don't think they are smarter than their manager?

Because there is no reason to let him come up in the 1st inning other than to admit he sucks and use him to bunt.

Mr Larkin
06-07-2010, 08:31 AM

And yet the Reds won with him hitting clean-up. Much ado about nothing.

GIDP
06-07-2010, 08:33 AM
And yet the Reds won with him hitting clean-up. Much ado about nothing.
1 run in 8 innings still 2 pinch hitters had to take over. lol.

Mr Larkin
06-07-2010, 08:37 AM
1 run in 8 innings still 2 pinch hitters had to take over. lol.

Still a W, regardless of how you slice it up. Phillips in the four hole and Cairo in the two hole does not equal certain loss.

GIDP
06-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Still a W, regardless of how you slice it up. Phillips in the four hole and Cairo in the two hole does not equal certain loss.

No, but sitting Gomes, Rolen, and Hernandez. Or any combo of your other 3 starters likely is.

kfm
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Because there is no reason to let him come up in the 1st inning other than to admit he sucks and use him to bunt.

So you actually believe that Dusty thinks Cairo is a better hitter than Nix, Bruce and Stubbs. And your basis is that in the limited at-bats that he gets is that he bats second. There is no way, even as big a Dusty hater as you, can believe something this ridiculous. I agreed with the this thread until you posted your comment, it is just not defenseable, you should delete it.

COM2010
06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Phillips was back to knockout punches with the bat tonight. I shudder to think what his .OBP% would look like without the set of wheels he has. Now, normally it seems when he's in the 2-spot he isn't trying to knock in five runs at at a time, so I don't know what got into him tonight. At any rate, the guy doesn't have enough power to hit in the 4-spot.