PDA

View Full Version : Burton and Bray are on the way...

Kingspoint
06-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Sam LeCure has given us 3 good Starts.

The pitching depth is really showing itself, and with the healing of those who started the year on the DL about to join the ranks, we should be able to get to 10+ games above .500 or even 13 games above .500 by the end of the month.

It was the beginning of May when I predicted we'd be 30-21 going into the May30-Jun2 series with the Cardinals and that's exactly where we ended up.

So, it's not unrealistic to think that we could be 13 games above .500 and in first place just 3 weeks from today (June 30th).

lidspinner
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Heck yeah....With Sam L giving us such good starts, its hard to imagine him going to pen. I know that might be what best suits this team right now, but can you see any scenario where Homer goes to the pen? I know its easier to put Sam there right now, but Sam is pitching better than Homer has all year...maybe once he makes his way through the NL they will get a bead on him, i dont know.

Maybe SamL goes to the pen cause thats where good pitching is needed the most. I know I am proud and happy to be a Reds fan right now. Our pitching is only going to get better. I cant imagine what this pitching staff is going to look like once Edinson gets back to last years form, and if they all continue to improve!!!!! Look out next year!!!!!!

Another thought I had....I will post it here as it dont deserve its own thread as its pure speculation.....but what if the Reds make a move for a starter at the deadline....a guy like Cliff Lee lets say for arguments sake. He comes here and finishes the year and see's that we have what it takes to win and decides to sign here long term...so we get rid of AaronH.....OK....keep following me

Bronson LOVES it here...he will stay for less $$$ if the Reds will let him
EdinsonV
JC
Homer
MikeL
Cliff Lee

Where does that leave SamL? or better question yet, where does that leave Chapman? Or even yet, what about Wood? We really could start next year with 3 MLB starters starting for AAA.

Now that is a big IF we go get us another starting pitcher at the deadline....and I dont really see that happening as we need pen help more than starting help....but dont ever count Walt out for getting a guy that can help. but it sure is fun to think about.

Let the good times roll, I think they are here to stay.