PDA

View Full Version : Things starting to unravel a bit?

Vottomatic
06-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Phillips mri
Bailey on hold
bullpen a disaster
starting pitching struggling
starting to lose these 3 and 4 game series
hanigan on dl
Leake's innings a concern
Rolen old and can't play every day

I looked outside and the sky was falling too. ;)

It's just frustrating. Had to vent.

OesterPoster
06-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Nope. I just look at the standings. :)

arkimadee
06-14-2010, 09:18 AM
april - .500 baseball. May - Way above .500 baseball June - .500 Baseball July - Hopefully way above .500 baseball

CySeymour
06-14-2010, 09:58 AM
The bullpen will be Walt's biggest challenge the rest of the season. He will have to try and find reliable arms and resonable costs.

bgwilly31
06-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Agreed^ i think BP is fine.

Starting pitching will be fine in a month or so when volquez makes his return.

Bullpen needs reworked badly.

COM2010
06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
The sky is not falling, and even if the Reds DID have to play in a cloudy stadium, you know Gomes is going to be out there giving it his all. See that trail of fog running in circles around home plate? That's Gomes tightening up his gloves as he walks around talking to himself about the last pitch. :D

Caveman Techie
06-14-2010, 10:37 AM
If this is related to the cramp he got in Pittsburgh then I'm not too worried. The starting pitching has been fine.

BigPoppa
06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Phillips mri it's nothing serious until it is
Bailey on hold I'd rather have him back later at 100% than too soon and him reinjure it
bullpen a disaster yes, this does concern me
starting pitching struggling it's been worse
starting to lose these 3 and 4 game series we can't win all of them
hanigan on dl he'll back back soon
Leake's innings a concern Dusty will monitor that :rolleyes:
Rolen old and can't play every day but we knew this, and when he does play he RAKES

I have concerns........but I'm not hitting the panic button just yet

BigPoppa
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
The sky is not falling, and even if the Reds DID have to play in a cloudy stadium, you know Gomes is going to be out there giving it his all. See that trail of fog running in circles around home plate? That's Gomes tightening up his gloves as he walks around talking to himself about the last pitch. :D

Gomes......:thumbup:. I love that guy !!!

Biff Pocoroba
06-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm not one to overemphasize any one string of games in a 162-game schedule, but we would do well to tread water during the upcoming west coast swing and then do the same with the 11-game road trip just prior to All Star break.

Given the state of the bullpen and our injury status, I will be feeling pretty good if we can get to the break in or near first place.

PS: It should be noted that the awesome month of May was built almost entirely on the backs of the NL Central

bowles8
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, things are a concern, with main concern being in the bullpen. BUT, as Reds fans, we haven't seen a season like this for quite awhile. Being 1 1/2 games up in mid-June is a major plus and let's enjoy this thing and ride it out as long as we can (hopefully into the playoffs and beyond). GO REDS!

Reds
06-14-2010, 12:04 PM
PS: It should be noted that the awesome month of May was built almost entirely on the backs of the NL Central

That's not a bad thing. :)

I expect this team to be something like 8-7 the rest of the month. Winning two of three in the SEA, OAK, CLE series and dropping two of three in the LAD, and PHI series.

COM2010
06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Gomes......:thumbup:. I love that guy !!!

My family down in Kentucky just told me that Gomes is a favorite there. (they love his style of play). My aunt has told me that I should call my cousin (I have only seen her at family events, and have never called her on the phone), she LOVES the Reds. I was told today that one day some of the family were watching a Reds game, and my cousin mentioned all the ticks that Gomes has at the plate. :D

NatiRedGals
06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
If changes are made in our bullpen id be much more optimistic about this month. But I am hoping BP is ok and our offense can carry us into the W column for now. We did take 2 of 3 from LA last time around no reason we cant do it again.

brm7675
06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Bailey being on hold is not that big since Lecure has stepped in and done an equal to if not better job.

phillips issue could be HUGE

Bullpen has been bad since April and yet we continue to hold on

How has starting pitching struggled?

We split with SF and yes lost to KC, but St. Louis was swepted by LA and lost 2 out of 3 to the lowly Dbacks.

Leake's innings have always been a concern

We knew Rolen couldn't give us 162 games, if we get in the 140's we will be fine.

Phillips mri
Bailey on hold
bullpen a disaster
starting pitching struggling
starting to lose these 3 and 4 game series
hanigan on dl
Leake's innings a concern
Rolen old and can't play every day

Vottomatic
06-14-2010, 12:44 PM
I see I touched a nerve. Hehehe. :D

Not really panicking. Just playing a bit of Devil's Advocate.

COM2010
06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I think the Reds will go 7-8 the rest of this month, losing the following series:

(reason opponent wins series listed in parenthesis)

Dodgers (pitching)
A's (small ball)
Phillies (power)

Maker_84
06-14-2010, 01:16 PM
i don't see the reds winning the mariners series either

Vottomatic
06-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Time for Dusty to call another meeting? :eek:

Kingspoint
06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Things starting to unravel a bit? Perhaps a few threads are loose for sure, but looking at the big picture, the team continues to play positive stretches of baseball every nine games.

After 7 holes (8-UNDER):

1. BIRDIE (5-4)
2. DOUBLE-BOGEY (2-7)
3. EAGLE (6-3)
4. DOUBLE-EAGLE (7-2)
5. EAGLE (6-3)
6. BIRDIE (5-4)
7. BIRDIE (5-4)

Kingspoint
06-14-2010, 04:03 PM
The REDS will win 5 of their next 8 games, if not 6 of their next 8 games.

But, keep up the panicking. It makes for funny reading.

AintlifeGrande
06-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Lets hope we can play 500 ball out West.In what has traditionally been a waterloo for the Reds.

MrMcConnell
06-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Has anyone here considered our team 'unraveling' from the absence of Homer bailey?

Kingspoint
06-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Has anyone here considered our team 'unraveling' from the absence of Homer bailey?

I think Ryan Hanigan is sorely missed. He was hitting better than anyone on the entire team, while providing better Defense and a lower ERA during his starts than Hernandez.

Vottomatic
06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
As I said earlier, was playing mostly Devil's Advocate, and with all the responses, it worked.

My 2 concerns are the bullpen and staying healthy.

Zimmers
06-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Personally im cautiously flying high because of recent failures in June but I do think were fine. Bullpen blows but hopefully that can be fixed. If were playing devils advocate do you think card fans are panicking? I think the answer would be a emphatic NO so why should we?

Kingspoint
06-14-2010, 08:22 PM
As I said earlier, was playing mostly Devil's Advocate, and with all the responses, it worked.

My 2 concerns are the bullpen and staying healthy.

Yes, yes. I was hoping you didn't think my answers were directed towards you, especially you personally.