PDA

View Full Version : Hanigan update....

Kingspoint
06-16-2010, 03:08 AM
Looks like he'll be back before the end of the month. Since he doesn't catch more than two games in a row during the season, I could see him being back here in 10 days for the Cleveland series.

Posted by jfay June 15th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Catcher Ryan Hanigan’s broken left thumb is fine when he hits. It’s far from fine when he catches. “I feel it on every pitch,” he said. “I’m trying to get it to where it’s only on the one’s catch wrong.” Hanigan is hoping three or four more days. “It gets better everyday,” he said.

mattfeet
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
:beerme:

ian_madden
06-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Thank god, I liked Corky his LAST stint with us, but does he have a hit this year?

Reds
06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Thank god, I liked Corky his LAST stint with us, but does he have a hit this year?

I remember one hit, and I think he got one RBI on that hit. Other than that he's just serviceable behind the plate, and he's working on his Mr. Red mustache. Hanigan will be welcomed back.

DirtyBaker
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm gonna miss that mustache :p:

Maker_84
06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
it won't make a difference at this point

Vottomatic
06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Hanigan is a difference maker. It's been proven time and time again that the ERA's of our starting pitchers is less when he catches.

bshall2105
06-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Does anyone else think Hanigan should get a large majority of the games behind the plate when he comes back? Hernandez is awful when it comes to calling the game, and Hanigan is just as good if not better of a hitter.

DirtyBaker
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Does anyone else think Hanigan should get a large majority of the games behind the plate when he comes back? Hernandez is awful when it comes to calling the game, and Hanigan is just as good if not better of a hitter.

Absolutely. I can't figure out why he wasn't starting the majority before the injury.

bgwilly31
06-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Hanigan is hands down our best catcher. Hernandez is getting the playing time because he has the biggest contract!

bshall2105
06-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Hanigan is hands down our best catcher. Hernandez is getting the playing time because he has the biggest contract!

Yeah no doubt, I don't get that. It doesn't matter who plays and who doesn't, you're gonna be paying them no matter what. Best player should always get to play.