PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone left to watch

brm7675
06-16-2010, 10:56 AM
I see last nights game had a 2.5 hour rain daily, my question how many fans were left to watch it and what time did that game get over? This is a issue baseball needs to review, I mean really I think it is a bit much to ask fans to sit or stand around for 2.5 hours then be at the stadium for another couple of hours (especially on a week day) to see the game. The game should have been callled and then picked back up today say starting at 5pm and then play game 2 after that.

bgwilly31
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
I sure wasnt. And im glad i missed that game.

But a early long rain delay like that is the reds worst nightmare with the way our bullpen is right now.

But our team showed no heart tonight offensively getting shut out in a massacre like that.

Reds
06-16-2010, 11:16 AM
It ended around 1. I estimated last night while watching the broadcast that in the 8th there were 800-1200 people in the ballpark.

It's not a problem for me, I don't sleep until all of the MLB action is in the books, even the 10:35 starts. :D

Vottomatic
06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I see last nights game had a 2.5 hour rain daily, my question how many fans were left to watch it and what time did that game get over? This is a issue baseball needs to review, I mean really I think it is a bit much to ask fans to sit or stand around for 2.5 hours then be at the stadium for another couple of hours (especially on a week day) to see the game. The game should have been callled and then picked back up today say starting at 5pm and then play game 2 after that.

I'd like to see that also. But they have a problem keeping all the fans happy who came to see the game that got rain delayed and who come to see the next game. It's a fairness/seating problem.

brm7675
06-16-2010, 01:05 PM
If a game is not completed don't fans then get either refunds or tickets to another ballgame?