PDA

View Full Version : Just Imagine.....

bgwilly31
06-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Im hoping volquez returns and is stellar as he was before just as much as you guys. But the facts are without him we've managed to have our best season in yrs.

Just imagine if we wouldnt have gone after him our lineup could look like this.

1.) OC--------.255--16-dbl---3 HR's
2.) BP---------.311--19 dbl---9 HR's
3.) Votto------.307--10 dbl---14 HR's
4.) J. Hamilton-.322--18 dbl---16 HR's
5.) Rolen------.303--16 dbl---14 HR's
6.) J. Gomes---.306--13 dbl---9 HR's
7.) J. Bruce----.272--12 dbl---9 HR's
8.) Hanigan----.351--6 dbl----2 HR's

Thats a Team Avg. of .303 :eek:

Just an unbelievably fun offensive squad to watch if we had hamilton back. Absolutely zero holes in that lineup. Pitchers nightmare.

Sorry i was a big hamilton fan and extremely dissapointed that we let him go. So i like to reminisce on what could have been. I still think especially with the chapman signing we would have been better off with this squad.

Keep the same squad offensively for next year and by that time chapman might be ready. Then we look at that squad plus this rotation

Leake
Arroyo
Cueto
Chapman
Bailey/Harang

Thats a fantastic rotation with a unbelievably explosive offensive squad.

Vottomatic
06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I was always worried that Josh Hamilton would have a drug/drinking relapse, and I think he did last year, didn't he?

I was impressed with him, but felt better dealing him and getting Volquez.

I'm crossing my fingers that Edison returns to form next season and anchors our starting rotation with Leake.

Volquez
Leake
Cueto
Bailey??? - I'm wondering if he's ever going to be the same?
Who? - Re-sign Arroyo? Trade for Haren?? I don't think Chapman will be ready yet.

brm7675
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
I really believe way to many people are putting way to much hope in EV's return and impact on the team this season. While I do believe long term he will be okay, I would be shocked to see him any kind of consistant and good help to the team this season. I think people may be in for a let down on when it comes to what he can do for this team this season.

brm7675
06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
My rotation going into 2011 would be:

Bronson
Edinson
Leake
Cuteo
Lecure

i would work at dealing Bailey in the offseason for whatever I could get and look to Wood as a replacement if needed.

I was always worried that Josh Hamilton would have a drug/drinking relapse, and I think he did last year, didn't he?

I was impressed with him, but felt better dealing him and getting Volquez.

I'm crossing my fingers that Edison returns to form next season and anchors our starting rotation with Leake.

Volquez
Leake
Cueto
Bailey??? - I'm wondering if he's ever going to be the same?
Who? - Re-sign Arroyo? Trade for Haren?? I don't think Chapman will be ready yet.

bgwilly31
06-18-2010, 02:19 PM
I really believe way to many people are putting way to much hope in EV's return and impact on the team this season. While I do believe long term he will be okay, I would be shocked to see him any kind of consistant and good help to the team this season. I think people may be in for a let down on when it comes to what he can do for this team this season.

Well we have all had the success rate of Tommyjon pounded into our heads.

Mostly to make us feel better about giving up hamilton.

Like i said there is no getting hamilton back. And im a reds fan first. So i hope to hell like the rest of us we made the right decision with volquez and this isnt going to go down as one of the worst trades in reds history.

However im guilty of being one of those people that think/hope Volquez will make a significant difference for us down the stretch this season.

brm7675
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Given today's success rate with the TJ surgery, I really believe EV will be back and be very productive, however I also believe it takes a full year to 1.5 years to get back to pre injury levels. I think come 2011 he could be a very dominate force again, i just want to make sure we have him long term over rushing him back to soon this year. He is going to want to go now, this is where "good" management steps in and says "Whoa" we are looking long term.

bgwilly31
06-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Given today's success rate with the TJ surgery, I really believe EV will be back and be very productive, however I also believe it takes a full year to 1.5 years to get back to pre injury levels. I think come 2011 he could be a very dominate force again, i just want to make sure we have him long term over rushing him back to soon this year. He is going to want to go now, this is where "good" management steps in and says "Whoa" we are looking long term.

However then you have to think. This could be The reds best shot at the playoffs they've had in over a decade.

Who's to say this shot will come along again. I think the majority of reds fans are tired of the Longgggg term thinking and just to win now.

brm7675
06-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Teams like the Reds can't do this win now, they have to plan out adn look for long term success.

bgwilly31
06-18-2010, 05:32 PM
i think the absolute Opposite. Team like the reds Have to think win now when the oppertunity presents itself.

Because we cant/Wont Afford long term success

bgwilly31
06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100620&content_id=11408768&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Yeah considering our offense is coming back to earth to more of what we expected it to be before the season.

Here we are struggling. This team needs offense.

I really wish we had our boy back.

Batting over .350 now.

The Voice of IH
06-21-2010, 07:29 PM
LOL, please take a look at this thread when you have time.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82715 :D

Griffey012
06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Let's not forget how we started the season out offensively. We were offensively challenged, pitching poorly, and had a 7-11 record I believe. Then about a week ago we had the best offense in the NL up til that point in the season. Our offense is not going to be the best in the league, but it is considerably better than it has been recently. Let's just hope the slump doesn't last too long.

mivers176
06-22-2010, 08:25 AM
However then you have to think. This could be The reds best shot at the playoffs they've had in over a decade.

Who's to say this shot will come along again. I think the majority of reds fans are tired of the Longgggg term thinking and just to win now.

This is exactly my feelings and why I keep making posts about trading a couple prospects for either Oswalt (easier to obtain than Lee I'm sure) or Lee. Lets take advantage while we can - keep playing for the future and we may not sniff the division title again for another 15+ yrs.

bgwilly31
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Now he is batting .500 during an 18 game hitting streak. Not to mention the rangers have won 11 in a row during said streak.

He is now 3rd in the leage in avg @ .345

4th in the league in HR's

7th in RBI's

The man is a freaking phenom.