PDA

View Full Version : Question about MiLB hats

muddie
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I have a question about the 'official' hats used by the teams on the field.

We live close to the Carolina Mudcats and see a lot of games there. I would like to have one of the black on field Mudcat hats that the team wears. The souvenir shop has the hats but they do not have the MiLB logo on the back, rather they have a logo on the back that is specific to this teams souvenir shop, (the Baitshop). I have inquired to the Mudcats shop about my desire to have one of the hats exactly like the players wear but I don't believe they
can help me.

I don't see anything on the SHOP page of the Southern League page either. Do you all have any idea where I can get these? Is there a website I could view one and order my size? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I find anything I'll pass it on.

bounty37h
06-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Hmm, interesting, I have a couple Durham Bulls hats and am pretty sure they are marked on the back with the MiLB logo, have to double check.

muddie
06-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Hmm, interesting, I have a couple Durham Bulls hats and am pretty sure they are marked on the back with the MiLB logo, have to double check.

I'm pretty sure they are, I saw one of the Bulls hats at the Mudcats game yesterday. Apparently the Mudcats have their own line with the Bait Shop logo on the back. I'm pretty sure they are made by New Era. I believe New Era makes the official hat as well. I know they don't sell what I'm looking for at the park because I have inquired a couple of times very recently.

The Mudcat players wear the real deal, that's what I'm trying to get my hands on.

bounty37h
06-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Have you tried emailing the store manager, they usualy dont work in the store often, might be able to give you more info then the high school girl working the counter. My buddies dad also works there as an usher, I will try and ask him if he has any ideas.

muddie
06-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Have you tried emailing the store manager, they usualy dont work in the store often, might be able to give you more info then the high school girl working the counter. My buddies dad also works there as an usher, I will try and ask him if he has any ideas.

I have spoken directly to the store manager, Anne Allen. Trust me, we've bought enough stuff in that shop that we are on first name basis there. I'm probably going to have to another route, which I am pursuing now. Thanks for the feedback though.

If you're ever headed out to a Mudcats game let me know.

texasdave
06-21-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.lids.com/pid/20185460

muddie
06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
http://www.lids.com/pid/20185460

Thanks. This should work.

TheBigLebowski
06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
I have a Bats and a Mustangs hat. Tried to buy one from all the other affiliates but they either didn't sell them or they didn't fit/wear well.

bounty37h
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
I have spoken directly to the store manager, Anne Allen. Trust me, we've bought enough stuff in that shop that we are on first name basis there. I'm probably going to have to another route, which I am pursuing now. Thanks for the feedback though.

If you're ever headed out to a Mudcats game let me know.

Will do, I have a couple vouchers for some games and want to get out soon, just haven't had time to make it over to Zebulon yet this year. If it looks like I wont be able to make any I will let you know and you can have the vouchers to use...

muddie
06-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Will do, I have a couple vouchers for some games and want to get out soon, just haven't had time to make it over to Zebulon yet this year. If it looks like I wont be able to make any I will let you know and you can have the vouchers to use...

We bought three of the Unreal Deal packages the Mudcats had going this year. That's one of the best 'deals' out there anywhere. I appreciate the offer but we've probably got enough tickets for the both of us. Hope you can get to a game soon at Five County.

We're headed out to Durham next week for several of the Bats/Bulls games.

bounty37h
06-22-2010, 11:39 AM
We bought three of the Unreal Deal packages the Mudcats had going this year. That's one of the best 'deals' out there anywhere. I appreciate the offer but we've probably got enough tickets for the both of us. Hope you can get to a game soon at Five County.

We're headed out to Durham next week for several of the Bats/Bulls games.

Will you be at the Bulls/Bats game on the 30th; I have seats right by the Bats dugout for that one.

muddie
06-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Will you be at the Bulls/Bats game on the 30th; I have seats right by the Bats dugout for that one.

We're in Section 207 for that game, just up from the Bats dugout. Maybe we can chat a few at the game. I'm really hoping Volquez and Chapman get a start there. We've got tickets for all of the games except the Thursday game. I bought these way back hoping to see Chapman while the Bats were in Durham, and of course, all the ex Mudcats.

Sounds like you have got great seats. I haven't written off the Thursday game. I'm watchng the Bulls site to see if anything becomes available for that game like you have for the 30th. I called the office several months back and they said STH'ers sometimes trade tickets in closer to game day and they put them up on their website for sale. We'll see...

muddie
06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Having reviewed the last five days starters for the Bats and where they are pitching in the rotation, unless something changes, Chapman will pitch in Norfolk the night before they play here and he will start the first game after the series with the Bulls. There are no off days for the Bats so this is pretty simple. If Volquez gets a start or anybody gets moved, anything can change.

With no changes, rainouts, etc., the rotation in Durham looks like:
Jukich, Wood, Maloney, and Reineke in that order. Wood would pitch the 30th.

Of course, all of this is subject to change and you have to think it will with Volquez in the mix.

bounty37h
06-22-2010, 02:38 PM
We're in Section 207 for that game, just up from the Bats dugout. Maybe we can chat a few at the game. I'm really hoping Volquez and Chapman get a start there. We've got tickets for all of the games except the Thursday game. I bought these way back hoping to see Chapman while the Bats were in Durham, and of course, all the ex Mudcats.

Sounds like you have got great seats. I haven't written off the Thursday game. I'm watchng the Bulls site to see if anything becomes available for that game like you have for the 30th. I called the office several months back and they said STH'ers sometimes trade tickets in closer to game day and they put them up on their website for sale. We'll see...

I will have to double check sections/seating for the 30'th and let you know for sure, but would love to drop by and at least say hi. That night marks 4 years since i asked my wife to marry me outside of the stadium there, and it worked out the Bats will be in town this year for it, so I got tix early. Used to have season tix for the Bulls, but moved too far away to go that often now.

muddie
06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
I will have to double check sections/seating for the 30'th and let you know for sure, but would love to drop by and at least say hi. That night marks 4 years since i asked my wife to marry me outside of the stadium there, and it worked out the Bats will be in town this year for it, so I got tix early. Used to have season tix for the Bulls, but moved too far away to go that often now.

Definitely in for a meet and greet. Keep me posted. You can PM me if you'd like. I'll keep an eye on that. Look forward to saying hi.