PDA

View Full Version : Volquez goes 5 innings; throws 80 pitches

Vottomatic
06-23-2010, 04:56 PM
And he gives up 1 run on 3 hits for Louisville.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AubQK3MlbSSnbycNos61WgQRvLYF?slug=ap-reds-volquez

arkimadee
06-23-2010, 05:13 PM
not to shabby.. looks to be right on course

mmt1552
06-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Great news. With a healthy Volquez in this rotation the Reds could be filthy.

ian_madden
06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
I like him in the bullpen for a bit, get more arm strength. But that is just me. I'm sure I am in the minority on that issue. Who do we demote? I have a feeling its going to be LeCure. He has earned a roster spot in my opinion.

Vottomatic
06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Too many starting pitchers:

Harang
Arroyo
Cueto
Leake
Bailey
LeCure
Volquez

Wood
Chapman
Maloney
Klinker

bshall2105
06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Lecure is probably going to be demoted, and I 'm hoping we finally work up the courage to trade one of our starters. I think we could get more out of Homer by trading him than keeping him in the rotation.

Vottomatic
06-23-2010, 09:48 PM
They have some interesting decisions coming their way.

If Bray continues to pitch well at Louisville, you know he will be called upon to replace Herrera.

Masset and Ondrusek have been pitching better, so I don't see them going down.

Owings isn't going anywhere, except in trade.

Jordan Smith probably goes down at some point too. Possibly to bring up Chapman.

What pitcher goes down when Volquez gets called up? Hmmmm.

And Bailey surely comes back at some point soon, so LeCure goes back down.

mmt1552
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Too many starting pitchers:

Harang
Arroyo
Cueto
Leake
Bailey
LeCure
Volquez

Wood
Chapman
Maloney
Klinker

It's true, but it's a great problem to have. I would love to see them put some of those starters in the big league bullpen, at least for the rest of this season. I'd like to see Chapman and Maloney called up for the bullpen and Volquez in the rotation. I see Maloney being fairly effective in the 'pen, and frankly he's too far down on the depth chart as a starter to make a real impact on the big league club there. I do think Travis Wood has a chance as a starter, so i'd keep him in the AAA rotation. It's a refreshing problem to have with too many good arms. Beats the old Bowden days...

Krawhitham
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM
And he gives up 1 run on 3 hits for Louisville.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AubQK3MlbSSnbycNos61WgQRvLYF?slug=ap-reds-volquez

steroids does the body good