PDA

View Full Version : Haren or Lee: Which would you prefer?

BEETTLEBUG
06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Which would you prefer in Cincy Red and would give up the least-- Haren or Lee?

abish1572
06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Cliffy! That dude will shut u down almost every night... Where as danny not so good...

brm7675
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Neither, both would cost to much. Lets let our young pitchers give it a shot.

abish1572
06-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Neither, both would cost to much. Lets let our young pitchers give it a shot.

Cliffy dont draw that much... young pitchers? Chapman taking a good ol chunk out of the reds wallets and he hasnt even pitched 1 inning in the majors yet... So why not let someone who only draws like 8/m that shuts everyone down a shot?

swaisuc
06-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Cliff Lee

Ideal target. Top 3 pitcher in baseball right now who knows how to step in and help with a playoff run. When he walks after the season we owe no more money and get 2 picks. The young guys can pick up that spot in the rotation beyond this year.

RedsFanInBama
06-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Cliff Lee.

GIDP
06-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Haren.

Have him for longer, and the cost in prospects is going to be more reasonable.

1990REDS
06-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Lee will make us better right now but we have no chance of keeping him past this season. Harens not as good as Lee but we would at least be able to keep him a couple of years.

Reds
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Lee would look good in our playoff rotation. :D

bshall2105
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
If we are trying to win this year the obvious answer is Cliff Lee. If we are trying to win long term I would still say Cliff Lee. Having a successful season this year will go a long way in getting rid of the perception that the Reds are just losers. That will help with free agents down the line. It will bring more money in this year. I don't think it will cost as much to get Lee as some people suggest either. With the Yankees entering the picture, that will obviously make it tough on the Reds. But if they can get him without giving up outrageous amounts of talent, I think they need to do it.

Vottomatic
06-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Well, I'd rather have Lee battling Halladay than Haren.

Today's game against Hallady shows us the difference between playoff contenders and playoff pretenders. We wouldn't stand a chance against him in the playoffs. He'd bring his A+ game.

Got to have an ace. No doubt about it. Lee would give us that.

huber14
06-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Seeing is how we are realistically 1 year away from being a top 3 team in the NL...Haren since we would have him for next year also

Fullboat
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Haren is Kryptonite for the Cards

Red in Atl
06-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Not even a question...Lee all the way. Would love to see a Lee vs. Halladay battle in the playoffs. Lee has to be pissed that Philly shipped him off to Seattle after what he did in the playoffs for them.

bellhead
06-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Lee, he would be good for 10 to 12 wins plus every start will almost be a quality start of at least 7 innings during the 2nd half of the year.

Alonso and Wood.

Only thing....
I would do this only if Lee agrees to a contract extension of 6 years for $100. Reds would be in the driver seat for the next 5 years in the central...

Lee
Leake
Chapman
Baily
Cueto
Volquez

2 lefty to break up the righties, its a sick rotation for the next 4 years...You also have 6 arms for 5 spots...

Oxilon
06-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Haren's HR/FB ratio of 13.5% concerns me for this ballpark, compared to Lee's 4.3%. Lee also has the upperhand in WAR and they're even on GB%. Though I'd give the nod to Lee, I still remain a little hesitant, being 1) He'd cost more in return 2) he's going to walk after the season, 3) he's been pitching in a pitcher's paradise this season. But Lee did have success at Citizens, so maybe it's not a real cause for concern...

arkimadee
06-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Lee without a question.. but i don't see it happening

Vottomatic
06-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I see getting him a real possibility. I don't see signing him long term a real possibility.

Although, They're spending approximately $25M now on Harang and Arroyo who walk after this season. We have 4 or 5 other cheap candidates for several years. So maybe they make Lee an offer?

Caveman Techie
07-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Lee, no question about it. Also, with Jockety's history he isn't big on giving up the farm for the 2 month rental player, he usually signs those players long term (Mcgwire, Rolen) I could see us trading for Lee then using the money that was for Arroyo and Harang to go to a big contract for Cliff Lee.

Vottomatic
07-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Lee, no question about it. Also, with Jockety's history he isn't big on giving up the farm for the 2 month rental player, he usually signs those players long term (Mcgwire, Rolen) I could see us trading for Lee then using the money that was for Arroyo and Harang to go to a big contract for Cliff Lee.

I'm starting to think so too, because what you say is true. Jocketty has signed some big time players long term before and we're on the verge of freeing up a bunch of money with the departure of Harang/Arroyo this year and Cordero next season.