PDA

View Full Version : What a Great Win Today

mivers176
06-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Love seeing Bruce come through clutch vs. a pitcher like Halladay, we havent seen Bruce do anything in these situations so far.

Great 2 out of 3 from the Phils, with a little better luck last night couldve swept but we'll take it...especially in game 3 vs Halladay. 8 inn and 13 hits!! he had a lot of k's but we were hitting the ball...minus Stubbs from the lineup and you could say we kind of rocked him ;)

going to be cool to see what Wood can do vs the Cubbies tomorrow.

go Reds.

ThatPitchIsDunn
06-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Anybody else catch MLB Tonight after the game? They had Larry King on for an interview and when Barry went to ask him a question, he said "Barry you're one of my heroes. You should be in the Hall of Fame!"

That ruled. And Larry is way right.

Vottomatic
06-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Probably a top 5 win of the season so far.

Redeye fly
06-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I missed listening to the game today and caught the result on here and the Reds website. It was a great win.

You have to give Harang credit too. It helps that there was no Utley, and even Polanco in the Phillies lineup. But he still had Victorino, Werth, Rollins, and Ryan Howard to deal with. It was kind of silly he gave up a home run to Dane Sardinha, who we know can't hit, but it was also kind of silly Leake gave up home runs to Schneider and Valdez last night. It happens. But 6.3 innings of 3 run baseball pitched by Harang against that team, I will more than happily take. It was great to see Arthur come back and pitch a perfect inning with a couple of strikeouts and get the win after seeing his streak end last night. And of course Votto's streak still continues thanks to a homer off Halladay. Like most other people, I was fully expecting to lose today, even before last night's game. It would be great if Arizona could manage to eke one game out against the Cards and put us back in first, but a 4-2 home stand with 2 wins against the Phillies is something I'm definitely satisfied with.

texasdave
06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Reds finish the month with a 14-13 record. Very unswoonlike.

BurgervilleBuck
06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Anybody else catch MLB Tonight after the game? They had Larry King on for an interview and when Barry went to ask him a question, he said "Barry you're one of my heroes. You should be in the Hall of Fame!"
What I liked is how they started talking about Roy Halliday being 9-7 and how it's affecting his All-Star stock... until Larkin pipes in with "how can you talk about Halliday when he just got the Cincinnati Reds? Especially with me sitting right here."

Show us the love, Barry.

AintlifeGrande
06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Big confidence boost for the club,and going to Chicago firing on all cylanders.

Caveman Techie
06-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Very BIG win today! Harang did good, he always seems to be just one bad pitch (HR to Sardinha) away from a great start.

Bruce coming through in the clutch was huge too. Also, nice to see Sir Arthur bounce back after the bad outing last night.

Kingspoint
06-30-2010, 03:59 PM
We just beat a great team on the rise....the defending World Champions. I think we'll be facing them in the playoffs.

markymark69
06-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Big time win today for the Reds, no question about it. Coming back from a 3-0 deficit against Roy Halladay. This was a statement victory and what a way to keep the pressure on the Cardinals.

Redeye fly
06-30-2010, 04:12 PM
We just beat a great team on the rise....the defending World Champions. I think we'll be facing them in the playoffs.

Wow, I didn't know we beat the Yankees too!;)

Jefferson24
06-30-2010, 04:33 PM
good send off for the upcoming road trip

Kingspoint
06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow, I didn't know we beat the Yankees too!;)

I thought the Phillies won the World Series.

If the REDS aren't in it, I don't watch it.

AintlifeGrande
06-30-2010, 06:12 PM

Playoffs?Playoffs?Just now heading into July,don't want to buy those playoff tickets just yet.We stick around going into August then I will start getting hype.

defender
06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Considering the bad stretch mid month, it is great to be in first place today.

sabometrics
06-30-2010, 07:13 PM

IF the Phillies stay healthy and the Reds continue their current success. Those are both huge ifs right now.

Magdal
06-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Anything short of a series win vs. Cubs is unacceptable.

redsfan_12
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM
It would be nice to pound the Cubs, and take 3 of 4.

texasdave
06-30-2010, 08:36 PM
I thought the Phillies won the World Series.

If the REDS aren't in it, I don't watch it.

Phillies won it two years ago. Close enough.

markymark69
06-30-2010, 09:24 PM

Playoffs?Playoffs?Just now heading into July,don't want to buy those playoff tickets just yet.We stick around going into August then I will start getting hype.

So sad, we can't even have one post on this site without somebody splashing cold water on it. A great win today over a playoff caliber team. Winning a series against a playoff caliber team - coming from behind to beat one of the best pitchers in baseball on a day that he was given a strike zone as wide as four-lane highway. In first place on July 1, unbelievable.

I predict the Reds will make the playoffs and many on here will look back and regret the fact that they didn't get very much enjoyment out of the season because they were always waiting for the other shoe to drop instead living in the moment and enjoying the ride.

If for some reason my prediction is wrong then I will still have enjoyed the fact that this team is clearly headed in the right direction.

Away with your negativity troll.

tbball10
06-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I thought the most encouraging part about the game was seeing Votto (I know it was a bad call) and Rolen not come through like we have come to expect, and then have Bruce pick up the slack in a clutch situation that he has not been successful in many times this year. This team is just finding ways to win games, unlike many past Reds teams.