PDA

View Full Version : Is Redzone the Best "Single MLB Team" Website on the interwebz?

The Voice of IH
07-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I have looked at other sites, (gateway red, Brewerscubs,) and they don't even compare to what we here at Red Zone have. is there any other site that can give Red Zone a run for its money? :confused::)

HumnHilghtFreel
07-03-2010, 12:21 AM
SonsOfSamHorn is pretty good

Tom Servo
07-03-2010, 01:46 AM
IMO, none of the others even compare. In terms of site layout, discussion, activity, etc, Redszone blows the rest away. There are some good ones, I think SOSH and Oriole Hangout are pretty neat, but they're not as good as us.

Degenerate39
07-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I've looked at a lot of other message boards and this is by far the best one I've come across. I'm not too crazy about Son Of Sam Horn really but that seems to be one of the better ones.

reds1869
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
This is hands down the best. SOSH is pretty decent but in my opinion can't touch our humble meeting place.

Maker_84
07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
yes, Reds are the oldest team, have the greatest team of all time time and have the most passionate fans.

savafan
07-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I've been a member of most every team's message board. There's none better than Redszone.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Redszone has by far the most active members from what Ive seen looking at other boards.

TC81190
07-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Looks to be the best to me. I can't really find other ones when I'm looking to read up
on other teams.

Though we should try to compile a list of other message boards for other teams that are comparable to RZ.

savafan
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Though we should try to compile a list of other message boards for other teams that are comparable to RZ.

I thought we had a list at one time...

Tom Servo
07-04-2010, 03:31 PM
We did. It's in the Archives, but it's probably a bit out of date now.

Mario-Rijo
07-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd agree with everyone else, Us hands down. I do like Orioles Hangout as well those guys are a passionate bunch and stay fairly active, the look of their site isn't too hateful either. SoSh is so-so to me but better than most others.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 11:09 PM
We did. It's in the Archives, but it's probably a bit out of date now.

Its really out of date.

ChiSox
07-05-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm sure now that we have the Votto/Konerko alliance going that some of you have heard of us at White Sox Interactive. We currently have 8,016 members and almost 2.5 million posts! I think our board is pretty lively (even during the offseason, where we talk a lot of Blackhawks hockey and Bears football).

You're welcome to stop by sometime! We even have a special board called "What's the score?" dedicated to Cubs-only talk (because Cub fans are so baseball illiterate, they don't even know the score to the game they're at). Any Cub-hater is definitely welcomed with open arms.

WVRed
07-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I can't speak for other baseball boards, but I have posted on some Cincinnati Bengals boards and currently post at True Blue Kentucky for Kentucky sports. None of the other boards I post at comes close when it comes to the level of quality discussion.

Something I would ultimately like to see one day and I think the internet in general is moving in this direction is networking. Possibly Redszone, Orioles Hangout, SOSH, WhiteSoxInteractive, and the best fan sites of all 32 MLB teams link up behind an upstart website similar to Rivals, Scout, or ESPN. I think it would not only attract new posters to Redszone that are Reds fans, but quality discussion even from outsiders.

GIDP
07-05-2010, 11:35 AM
We should put together a new list of other teams boards.

RBA
07-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Other fan boards come and go. It's hard to maintain excellence for a long period of time.

BCubb2003
07-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Are we talking stats or intangibles?

The Voice of IH
07-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Are we talking stats or intangibles?

activity, format, community ect .

The Voice of IH
07-06-2010, 08:37 PM
what is the Phillies Forum?

savafan
07-07-2010, 09:37 AM
what is the Phillies Forum?

http://www.philliesphans.com/

reds1869
07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I can't speak for other baseball boards, but I have posted on some Cincinnati Bengals boards and currently post at True Blue Kentucky for Kentucky sports. None of the other boards I post at comes close when it comes to the level of quality discussion.

Something I would ultimately like to see one day and I think the internet in general is moving in this direction is networking. Possibly Redszone, Orioles Hangout, SOSH, WhiteSoxInteractive, and the best fan sites of all 32 MLB teams link up behind an upstart website similar to Rivals, Scout, or ESPN. I think it would not only attract new posters to Redszone that are Reds fans, but quality discussion even from outsiders.

I've seen a wonderful, extremely active Marshall board I used to post on destroyed because of moving to Rivals; no thanks to that kind of network! It does bring in more posters but brings the level of discussion down. If we were able to maintain all of our current rules, cool. But that is usually not the case as there is a network wide system that every board must adopt. Just my .02.

Rojo
07-07-2010, 07:45 PM
It is a great board but the name doesn't work.

The Voice of IH
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
It is a great board but the name doesn't work.

What is wrong with RedsZone?

Mario-Rijo
07-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm sure now that we have the Votto/Konerko alliance going that some of you have heard of us at White Sox Interactive. We currently have 8,016 members and almost 2.5 million posts! I think our board is pretty lively (even during the offseason, where we talk a lot of Blackhawks hockey and Bears football).

You're welcome to stop by sometime! We even have a special board called "What's the score?" dedicated to Cubs-only talk (because Cub fans are so baseball illiterate, they don't even know the score to the game they're at). Any Cub-hater is definitely welcomed with open arms.

Haven't but glad to have ya stop by and will have to check you guys out sometime. Hopefully there is some Bulls conversation there I am a fan.

Rojo
07-14-2010, 03:34 PM
What is wrong with RedsZone?

It's too literal and lacks humor and charm. If it's a kinda pun, it's the wrong sport. Sons of Sam Horn is a great name.

mlh1981
07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
I like the layout, discussion, and the sense of humor that people have on this site.

Griffey012
08-08-2010, 11:21 AM
10xWSChamps mentioned NorthSideBaseball in a thread I was reading so I thought I'd check it out. It's a cubs board that appears to actually have a lot of solid input and posting. A lot of the same forum posting rules we have here. I was a bit surprised with it being a Cubs board.

It's definitely not as eye sight friendly and easy to read and follow as RZ though.

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum/forum?f=2