PDA

View Full Version : Wood/Leake

UPRedsFan
07-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Call me overly optimistic but when I watch Wood and Leake pitch I think of Glavine and Maddux. Not over powering, but good movement and control. Classic pitchers. Obviously they have a long way to go, but the potential is there I think. They may not be Cy Young winners, but good solid #2's for years to come.

You've got to love their athleticism too. They can both hit and run pretty well. Thom suggested last night that Wood might be the 5th fastest guy on the team after he hit the triple. He could be right. You have Stubbs, Phillips, Heisey and maybe Bruce.

Anyway, this could be a lot of fun the next few years watching these 2 pitch. I'd prefer Walt hold on to both of them for now and use Bailey and Maloney as the primary trade bait instead.

mrherd05
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
You have to trade something to get something. Right now, Travis Wood is the better of the three, in Baily, Maloney and Wood....he needs to be traded with someone for a front end starter if that is what Walt determines that we need.

Vottomatic
07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I'd hate to trade Wood because he's a lefty and we don't have any lefty starters. That is my main reason. I think he will continue to get better, but we have 5 righties right now which bugs me.

Knightro28
07-06-2010, 10:13 AM
It would be hard for me to trade Wood, especially for a rental ace. It is a huge gamble, and the way he has pitched this season (including AAA) has really been impressive. He is a guy who, on down the road, the Reds will regret trading.

Orodle
07-06-2010, 10:50 AM
I wouldnt trade Leake but I would be willing to move Wood for Cliff Lee.

NorrisHopper30
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
And Chapman is Smoltz.

UPRedsFan
07-06-2010, 01:56 PM
No, no, no. Chapman is Randy Johnson.

Bailey is Smoltz.