PDA

View Full Version : Tara Pachmayer fired from Channel 12

GIDP
07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
No real details given so far, but I will say she was good at her job from what I could tell. Sad to see her go. Hopefully she pops up in another station in the area.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2010/07/08/tara-packmeyer-fired-by-channel-12/

reds1869
07-08-2010, 11:56 PM
I was never a fan of her trip-over-the-script delivery; she was painful to watch and one of the worst on-air personalities in the city. But it is always sad when someone loses their job and I hope she lands on her feet somewhere.

Caveat Emperor
07-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Sad to see anyone lose their job, but I'm shocked she lasted as long as she did. Her on-air delivery was awful, and her wardrobe choices were outright bizarre. I remember seeing her on one Saturday night when the TV at the bar was left on CBS after a basketball game and she was wearing what looked like a pink prom dress at the anchor desk. Another time she was wearing an evening gown on the set of a sports talk show.

She was, by far, the worst sportscaster in the city. I understand that it's probably tough to compete with people like Broo, Popo, Vogel, Johansen and Jansen who have all been here a long time and do very good work, but I think Pachmayer was bad even by regular standards.

AmberRain08
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Sad to see anyone lose their job, but I'm shocked she lasted as long as she did. Her on-air delivery was awful, and her wardrobe choices were outright bizarre. I remember seeing her on one Saturday night when the TV at the bar was left on CBS after a basketball game and she was wearing what looked like a pink prom dress at the anchor desk. Another time she was wearing an evening gown on the set of a sports talk show.

She was, by far, the worst sportscaster in the city. I understand that it's probably tough to compete with people like Broo, Popo, Vogel, Johansen and Jansen who have all been here a long time and do very good work, but I think Pachmayer was bad even by regular standards.

I have to agree. It sucks that she lost her job, but to save her the pain, they should have fired her a while back. She was never really that good of a sports caster OR reporter. She seemed cool enough, but it was really irritating to listen to her speak. Fumbling over your words is a big no-no in this business. Oh well...maybe she'll find better work elsewhere.