PDA

View Full Version : OCAB is tired and struggling.

BigJohn
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Why not play Janish? Every day and spot OC or pinch hit him? Everyone admits Janish is twice the glove!!!!!

redsfan_12
07-12-2010, 09:19 PM
:deadhorse:

In all seriousness, who knows what is going on in Dusty's head at this point. Janish looked solid at both ends yesterday. I would like to see him atleast, atleast get two starts every 6 games.

Kingspoint
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Even if he wasn't tired and struggling, he'd still be a poor excuse for a #2 hitter and a poor excuse for a Shortstop.

Kingspoint
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I'd love to see Walt trade him and force Dusty to play Janish. Call up Sutton for the utility role.

Vottomatic
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Frankly, I'm starting to think Harold Reynolds was right and this offense was playing over it's head.

I've never agreed with batting OCab second.
I've never been happy with playing Stubbs 90% of the time in CF. I think he should platoon with Heisey.
Bruce can't hit lefties and should be platooning in RF with a RH OFer, such as Heisey.
Rolen and OCab are old and the season is weighing on them. Shoulda seen it coming that they would lose steam as the season went on.
Cordero might be losing it a bit too. Seems like it.
The bullpen guys from the last few years are falling apart, except for the forever young Rhodes.

The lone bright spot is the emergence of Leake and Wood. And the helpful outing of LeCure and Maloney. And Cueto and BA have been more than solid.

The stats say our pitching isn't that great and our offense is. But our offense is what is letting us down lately and the starting pitching is getting it done big time.

We shall see.

BigJohn
07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
2 squeeze plays and we are 2-2 vs phila and 3 games up at the break! That is on Dusty!

Ohioballplayer
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Squeeze plays ok, Dusty's fault....nah. Fundamentally this team is not sound, bunting is a problem, I still cant see why Bruce hits into the shift, look what Votto does when they shade him to the right side, he pokes it to left, time for Bruce to imitate Votto or lay that bunt down the 3rd base line. Lots of things need to happen, Janish does need to spell Ocab, Heisy does need to spell all outfielders.

Orodle
07-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Dusty would rather our #2 hitter have an on base % of .283 in front of the NL MVP DUDE....

As for the squeeze play being on Dusty? I would expect a major leaguer to be able to put down a bunt in that situation.

ILoveWilly
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Disagree with platooning the young guys. You platoon them now, you're basically assuring they'll never get better at the opposite side. Bruce has gotten a lot better at that side of his game over the past couple years.

BLEEDS
07-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I think OCab is just more than stats. He and Rolen have gotten Phillip's head straight - as well as getting him out of the 4 hole.

He's not going anywhere, and even at his worst, his bat is better than Janish's best. Spot start Janish and let him be the defensive replacement.
It's worked so far, I don't mess with a good thing.

We can address the long-term SS issue in trades/off-season/next yrs trades/off-season.

Agreed, it's a dead horse; a rotting stinking corpse of a dead horse, decayed almost to the point of being unrecognizable mush.
Wow, that is a sick visual!:barf:

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Orodle
07-13-2010, 02:02 AM
I dont know how Janish can get worse than a .283 OBP especially considering Votto is hitting behind the #2.

Kingspoint
07-13-2010, 02:36 AM
He's not going anywhere, and even at his worst, his bat is better than Janish's best.

Enough, already.

You've been proven totally wrong about this.

Give it up.

Janish' OBP is .397.

Cabrera's is .283.

Now, you're just looking stupid.

brm7675
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
From the moment the Reds signed OC, I knew we were in trouble. Yes at one time OC was a very good ML SS. That was then this is now. Right now Janish should be seeing about 60-65% of the playing time with OC playing the other time. With 72 games remaining I would play OC about 20-25 of those games and Janish the rest, i would play Cairo at 3rd about 10-15 of those games and Rolen the rest. This is what you get when you have AARP players on your roster.

As for the OF, leave Bruce alone, although I would go with a platoon in LF with Gomes playing about 30-35 of the remaining 72 and Heisey playing the other 35-37. I would also play heisey some in CF giving him maybe 40-45 starts total between the two.

brm7675
07-13-2010, 11:57 AM
I think OCab is just more than stats. He and Rolen have gotten Phillip's head straight - as well as getting him out of the 4 hole.

He's not going anywhere, and even at his worst, his bat is better than Janish's best. Spot start Janish and let him be the defensive replacement.
It's worked so far, I don't mess with a good thing.

Could you please provide some numbers to support the above claims?

Kingspoint
07-13-2010, 01:27 PM
From the moment the Reds signed OC, I knew we were in trouble. Yes at one time OC was a very good ML SS. That was then this is now. Right now Janish should be seeing about 60-65% of the playing time with OC playing the other time. With 72 games remaining I would play OC about 20-25 of those games and Janish the rest, i would play Cairo at 3rd about 10-15 of those games and Rolen the rest. This is what you get when you have AARP players on your roster.

As for the OF, leave Bruce alone, although I would go with a platoon in LF with Gomes playing about 30-35 of the remaining 72 and Heisey playing the other 35-37. I would also play heisey some in CF giving him maybe 40-45 starts total between the two.

That makes too much sense. Therefore, it will never happen.

brm7675
07-13-2010, 02:32 PM
That makes too much sense. Therefore, it will never happen.

That's what is sad, anyone who can read and see what the Reds have can see this is the best option. This is what gets me the most about Dusty, his loyality to vets could very well cost this team this season a playoff shot. Dusty manages like they did in the 70's/80's and can not or refuses to move into today's game and be productive. If old man Bobby Cox can do it, why can't Dusty?

Orodle
07-18-2010, 01:22 PM
OCab hitting again after the All-Star break. Is it because of the rest during the break? Hopefully Dusty isnt so incompetent that this idea atleast passes through his brain. Get him rest now and then and get Janish in there.