PDA

View Full Version : Rolen out...NOT GOOD

brm7675
07-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Cairo starting at third tonight, which means the back issues with Rolen are still here, this is why I didn't want him going to the All Star break. This is not a good sign...:thumbdown

AintlifeGrande
07-17-2010, 05:01 PM
His back will flare up from time to time all season.I think Dusty has done a pretty good job with Rolen's playing time this year in regards to his health.Why not good?Cairo has held his own this year when givin the chance.

cbowen2112
07-17-2010, 05:01 PM
He got a cold from his kids.

MBZags
07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
He's ill. It's not a back issue.

AintlifeGrande
07-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Nice research Brm7675.

GIDP
07-17-2010, 05:07 PM
I love the Sun Deck.

Please save me.

NorrisHopper30
07-17-2010, 05:09 PM
I love the Sun Deck.

Please save me.

Don't judge us all :D

bshall2105
07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I love the Sun Deck.

Please save me.

Why are you still here?

brm7675
07-17-2010, 05:13 PM
He's ill. It's not a back issue.

That's what the Reds are saying, you really don't think they are going to be truthful do you? I mean can anyone here say why Homer is still on the DL? Teams are NOT going to say why players don't play.

bshall2105
07-17-2010, 05:14 PM
That's what the Reds are saying, you really don't think they are going to be truthful do you? I mean can anyone here say why Homer is still on the DL? Teams are NOT going to say why players don't play.

Everytime he has had a back issue they have been straightforward. Why would they start trying to hide it now?

brm7675
07-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Everytime he has had a back issue they have been straightforward. Why would they start trying to hide it now?

Because we are in a pennant chase now. A cold? Do you really believe a cold would keep him out?

GIDP
07-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Because we are in a pennant chase now. A cold? Do you really believe a cold would keep him out?

I think him having the runs or something combined with him needing days off easily could have.

Unless it turns into a multiple day thing I wouldnt say its a lie just yet.

davereds24
07-17-2010, 05:19 PM
this forum should have a limit of number of threads someone can start each week.

CWRed
07-17-2010, 05:23 PM
this forum should have a limit of number of threads someone can start each week.

:beerme:

The sky is falling!

My knee hurts but I just tell my softball coach I have an ingrown toenail.

cbowen2112
07-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I like when people do not research things and speculate. Then when they are found out of this, they come up with a big conspiracy... It gets old to tell you the truth.

MBZags
07-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Well, as alluded to above, I don't think the Reds are going to hide an issue that they've previously been very forthcoming about. We're not talking about covert operations here. Also, Rolen has the flu, not a cold. I'm pretty sure that if one is vomitting, nauseous, has diarrhea, or has a fever, one is likely not going to play.

In response to your other statement, plenty of people can say why Homer Bailey is still on the DL. He attempted a comeback, he had a setback with shoulder pain, and they're currently rebuilding his shoulder strength. The Reds have also been very forthcoming on this front, too.

Ergo, your last sentence is erroneous. Moreover, the Reds have even talked about injuries that continue to hamper everyday players. We all know that Cabrera is playing with a sprained ankle, and Phillips is playing with a "knot" in his hamstring. The Reds certainly aren't trying to pull a Bill Belichick with their injury report.

ILoveWilly
07-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Why would they lie about it though? Seriously.

Oh wait, maybe its anxiety issues right? I remember that's what people claimed was going on with Votto with his neck problems that kept him out a few games. :rolleyes:

The Voice of IH
07-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Why would they lie about it though? Seriously.

Oh wait, maybe its anxiety issues right? I remember that's what people claimed was going on with Votto with his neck problems that kept him out a few games. :rolleyes:

He was looking pretty sad yesterday :rolleyes:

Red in Atl
07-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Did no one see the belly flop, slide into third at the ASG? Not saying he doesn't have a cold, am saying it looked like it was rather jarring.

Eric the Red
07-18-2010, 09:42 PM
One thing is certain, the 2010 Reds are a much better team when #27 is starting. Without Rolen today, Gomes moves up to cleanup and Nix hits 5th where he came up in a couple of potential RBI situations and failed. Maybe Gomes doesn't get hits in those situations either but I'll take my chances with him over Nix. Hopefully Rolen will back tomorrow against the Nats.

Kiss the Baby00
07-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Rolen was so ill he wasnt even at the stadium on Saturday. Like everyone else said, the Reds have no reason to hide something that they have already been more than revealing about.