PDA

View Full Version : out of all the players available at the deadline, who would you go after?

rolenmvp
07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
ty wiggington, jose guillen from Kansas city, david dejesus, josh willingham, octavio dotel, kerry wood, roy oswalt, 2 blue jay relievers...scott downs and kevin gregg, fausto carmona from the indians, their is plenty of names out there, if it where me? I would choose dejesus, he would bring alot of quality at bats to this team and he is a really very good solid player.

wojo1025
07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Adam Dunn.

Vottomatic
07-18-2010, 06:58 PM
ty wiggington, jose guillen from Kansas city, david dejesus, josh willingham, octavio dotel, kerry wood, roy oswalt, 2 blue jay relievers...scott downs and kevin gregg, fausto carmona from the indians, their is plenty of names out there, if it where me? I would choose dejesus, he would bring alot of quality at bats to this team and he is a really very good solid player.

I said in on another thread in the last couple of days. None of those guys excite me.

Unless we can make a blockbuster trade that does one of the following, count me out:

1. Bolster the bullpen. Soria is about the only guy I'm interested in.
2. Gives us a legit ace starting pitcher. Greinke or Josh Johnson or bust.
3. Bolsters the 2-hole in the batting order with a guy with a high OBP and average. David Dejesus comes to mind.

None of the above is a real possibility, so I'm really not interested in making any trades. Oswalt and Haren don't interest me. Neither does Wigginton, Willingham, or Guillen. Not many relievers I'm interested in either except for maybe the Marlins better ones. I'd be interested in Kerry Wood only if Cleveland was really looking to unload him so badly that they'd kick in enough $$$ to make taking a chance on him worthwhile.

Trace's Daddy
07-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Adam Dunn.

Adam Dunn to play SS :thumbup:

Redeye fly
07-18-2010, 07:25 PM
DeJesus would be a good addition. Wigginton wouldn't be a bad addition on the cheap to bolster the bench and to spell Rolen when he needs a spell. Of course I say "on the cheap" and I don't know what his contract situation is. Willingham might be nice.

Jose Guillen is having a decent year, but he's just another hacker. Of course, the weird thing with him is he hacks and swings at pitches way outside the strike zone and gets base hits out of them.

The thing is, I don't know how committed this team is to getting say an outfield bat. I think they're really committed to both Bruce and Stubbs and don't want to just give up on them... nor should they yet. Then you have Gomes, who they have the lowest investment in, but whom I'm sure they appreciate his play this year, at least offensively- even if he has regressed a bit.

NeilHamburger
07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
That's the problem. Walt and Dusty think the offense is great. It's not. And if it's not improved the Reds don't make the playoffs.

Texas Pete
07-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Oswalt.

He could be a legit top line starter for a few seasons.

Eric the Red
07-18-2010, 08:30 PM
David Dejesus makes the most sense to me. With a .320 batting average he would look nice in a Reds uniform splitting time between center and left. I just don't see the Royals trading him unless they are overwhelmed with an offer. Since Ned Yost took over they have played decent baseball with Dejesus being a big reason why. I don't think Walt would trade Yonder Alonso for him and short of him I don't see KC giving him up.

I think were pretty much set with the possible exception of adding relief help. We just have to hope Bruce, Stubbs and Gomes play to their potential.

DocRed
07-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Dejesus makes the most sense to me as well, a quality hitter that can play all 3 OF positions that is a left hand bat and has a high OBP.

kfm
07-18-2010, 08:41 PM
On a team that needs offense, I think Adam Dunn would be a great answer to that question. The problem is where do you play him and who sits. The thing that we need to do is decide who needs to be replaced and then find a player to replace him. Is it any of the outfielders, catcher, ss?

NeilHamburger
07-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Stephen Drew and David DeJesus.

There isn't a prospect not named Chapman I don't give up for either.

BEETTLEBUG
07-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I AGREE

sabometrics
07-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Soria or DeJesus. Anyone else and I will be underwhelmed.

Kiss the Baby00
07-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Stephen Drew and Chris Young

for

Cabrerra, Stubbs, Maloney, Bailey and some random prospect.

I havent lsot hope in Homer but he is the odd man out next year.

Volquez
Cueto
Arroyo
Leake
Wood

Chapman waiting in the wings.

Hondo
07-19-2010, 02:20 AM

ANy of those players would be a waste of time and Prospects.

KOBasinger
07-19-2010, 09:35 AM
DeJesus and Wigginton are the only players that I see that could help us out and make a positive impact.

vottofan4life
07-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Matt Maloney and Jordan Smith for Wigginton
Alonso, Bailey, Stubbs, Del Rosario, Francisco for Dejesus, Farnsworth, Soria/ Greinke

KOBasinger
07-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Matt Maloney and Jordan Smith for Wigginton
Alonso, Bailey, Stubbs, Del Rosario, Francisco for Dejesus, Farnsworth, Soria/ Greinke

I'd immediately order playoff tickets if both of these happened. Wet dream.

DocRed
07-19-2010, 12:09 PM
nm

Girevik
07-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Oswalt.

He could be a legit top line starter for a few seasons.

Oswalt scares me. He's signed to a big-money, long term deal, and is getting to that age where most pitchers hit the wall. I can see him turning into Harang times 3.