PDA

View Full Version : New Reds CF before weeks end

brm7675
07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
You can take this to the bank, the Reds will DL Rolen either tonight or at the latest tomorrow and to take his spot on the roster our brand new leadoff man and starting center fielder...

GARY MATHEWS JUNIOR:thumbdown:thumbdown

Those who are as sicken by that thought as I am remember in the long run it may mean no more Dusty after this season.:thumbup:

blark11
07-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I just don't see this happening...

RedsFanInBama
07-19-2010, 05:48 PM
I think they'd probably bring up an infielder considering none of our outfielders are of the utility variety. Maybe Francisco? Matthews may be up at some point in this season but it won't be in this case.

brm7675
07-19-2010, 05:48 PM
I just don't see this happening...

Why not? Gary is "dusty's" boy and now there is an opening on the roster for him without having to demote Heisey. Who else would you see Dusty calling up? Sutton? Don't see him....so here comes GMJ...:thumbdown

brm7675
07-19-2010, 05:49 PM
I think they'd probably bring up an infielder considering none of our outfielders are of the utility variety. Maybe Francisco?

He's horrible at 3rd. Dusty is going to play Cairo at third as long as Rolen is down, you have Janish as your other IN player. Matthews is "dusty's" AND his type of player...

RedsFanInBama
07-19-2010, 05:51 PM
He's horrible at 3rd. Dusty is going to play Cairo at third as long as Rolen is down, you have Janish as your other IN player. Matthews is "dusty's" AND his type of player...

Do you really think they're going to replace Rolen with Matthews or are you just trying to see how many threads you can start? Also, who are they going to drop from the 40-man roster to make this move happen?

It's not going to happen. Period. And as far as who will replace him, it will be an infielder. Take your pick. Sutton or Francisco would seem to be the main options. I agree that Cairo will get the most playing time, but they'll still need an extra reserve infielder

Hey Meat
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Boo! That had better not happen. Players ranked him as the 3rd most overrated player and funny thing. HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE BIGS AT THE TIME. That is saying something. If that happens Dusty is going to hear me all the way from right field this weekend in Houston.

brm7675
07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Boo! That had better not happen. Players ranked him as the 3rd most overrated player and funny thing. HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE BIGS AT THE TIME. That is saying something. If that happens Dusty is going to hear me all the way from right field this weekend in Houston.

Bank on it...:thumbup:

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 06:20 PM
So glad Rolen "had to play" in the All-Star game.

The Voice of IH
07-19-2010, 06:30 PM
So glad Rolen "had to play" in the All-Star game.

yep he had to play the extra 4 innings, that is exactly the reason why he's hurt

Griffey012
07-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Bank on it...:thumbup:

Can we put money on this...I would gladly make a bet that GMJ never sees the GABP unless he does when rosters expand in September.

brachial pleXUs
07-19-2010, 06:43 PM
yep he had to play the extra 4 innings, that is exactly the reason why he's hurt

:beerme:

kfm
07-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Why would they replace an infielder with an outfielder? I think it will be Francisco. He has been hot of late and they already had him on the 25 man at the beginning of the season. Why does Drew Stubbs get benched because Scott Rolen gets placed on the DL. If this turns out to be true, you are clearly the man. But if you are wrong about this, you should post an apology to all of us for starting this thread and personally apologize to Dusty Baker and to Walt Jocketty because he is the GM after all.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 06:47 PM

It's not the 4 innings. That's the very least of the activities he had to do.

It's the plane rides, the car travel, the walking to and from the Hotels, the All-Star activities, the warm-ups, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Instead of going to the REDS' training facility and getting his injuries rested and worked on.

FlyerFanatic
07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
rolen didnt have to play in the ASG at all. if he really wanted out of it, he makes up an injury and they replace him.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
This is going to seem unpopular, but Gary Matthews, Jr. could be a good addition to the club. That's the type of person who helps win playoff races.

A better player would be a relief pitcher.

But, with Matthews, it's not like he's got the range of Miguel Cairo, who's just killing the REDS at 3rd base right now.

The Voice of IH
07-19-2010, 06:52 PM

It's the plane rides, the car travel, the walking to and from the Hotels, the All-Star activities, the warm-ups, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Instead of going to the REDS' training facility and getting his injuries rested and worked on.

you do realize that this guy is a Big League athlete right? you are worried and complaining about a ball player riding first class on an air plane, riding in cars and walking? do you see the irony?

brachial pleXUs
07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
You can take this to the bank, the Reds will DL Rolen either tonight or at the latest tomorrow and to take his spot on the roster our brand new leadoff man and starting center fielder...

Those who are as sicken by that thought as I am remember in the long run it may mean no more Dusty after this season.:thumbup:

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Here's why:

1. Rolen has a cold, and we have no indication his back is still bad, and anyway, it would have time to rest while he's out with his cold.

2. I would think that they would bring up Francisco, Valaika, or Sutton, or that Dickerson would be ready.

Dusty frustrates the hell out of me, but I don't think anyone thinks he's really so stupid as to pull a move like bringing up GMJ. Plus, he isn't the end-all-be-all--Jocketty wields most of the power as far as roster decisions. And we know he isn't that stupid.

brm7675
07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Why would they replace an infielder with an outfielder? I think it will be Francisco. He has been hot of late and they already had him on the 25 man at the beginning of the season. Why does Drew Stubbs get benched because Scott Rolen gets placed on the DL. If this turns out to be true, you are clearly the man. But if you are wrong about this, you should post an apology to all of us for starting this thread and personally apologize to Dusty Baker and to Walt Jocketty because he is the GM after all.

Francisco is probably possible trade bait and bringing him up won't increase his status, plus Dusty prefers vets over younger players which means Cairo is going to see the playing time at 3rd over anyone not named Rolen. Also Mathews is his guy and this give them the opening to bring him without having to send someone down.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 06:54 PM
you do realize that this guy is a Big League athlete right? you are worried and complaining about a ball player riding first class on an air plane, riding in cars and walking? do you see the irony?

You obviously don't do a lot of traveling. There's nothing more exhausting. It's always a huge concern with athletes and rehabilitation.

His time should have been spent rehabbing.

scott91575
07-19-2010, 06:54 PM

1. Rolen has a cold, and we have no indication his back is still bad, and anyway, it would have time to rest while he's out with his cold.

2. I would think that they would bring up Francisco, Valaika, or Sutton, or that Dickerson would be ready.

Dusty frustrates the hell out of me, but I don't think anyone thinks he's really so stupid as to pull a move like bringing up GMJ. Plus, he isn't the end-all-be-all--Jocketty wields most of the power as far as roster decisions. And we know he isn't that stupid.

1. Rolen has a bad hamstring, and just got a cortisone shot. They will wait a couple of days to see how it responds. If it doesn't go well, he will be DL'd.

Reds manager Dusty Baker hasn't dismissed the possibility that Scott Rolen (hamstring) could go on the disabled list.
"Hopefully, it's not too serious. We really don't know yet," said Baker. "Life is not pleasant without Scotty out there. You see what our record is when he's in the lineup. It's a Catch-22 situation. You're operating short. You try not to use him unless it's a dire emergency because if you have to DL him, you lose the back-date days. We'll probably make a decision in the next day or so or sooner. It depends on how he responds to treatment." Rolen received a cortisone shot in his right hamstring on Monday, so it could be a couple more days before he is ready to return. Jul. 19 - 5:40 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=MLB&id=2280&line=297577&spln=1

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 06:55 PM
TJocketty wields most of the power as far as roster decisions. And we know he isn't that stupid.

That's our only hope this season.

Why does every year have to be a battle between Dusty and us fans hoping that the G.M. takes Dusty's options away from him?

brm7675
07-19-2010, 06:56 PM

1. Rolen also has hamstring issues requiring a shot, which will turn into a stint on the 15 DL you wait and see.

2. None of those players listed brings to the table what Matthews does in Dusty's view.

3. They didn't sign GMJ to sit in AAA, his numbers have given them the justification to bring him up. If Walt isn't that stupid why did he sign GMJ in the first place. Trust me if Dusty want's him he will be on the ML roster.

brachial pleXUs
1. Rolen has a bad hamstring, and just got a cortisone shot. They will wait a couple of days to see how it responds. If it doesn't go well, he will be DL'd.

Well that sucks. Thanks for the info.

Kingspoint
Maybe Dusty should notice what our record is when he replaces Rolen with Cairo.

The Voice of IH
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
You obviously don't do a lot of traveling. There's nothing more exhausting. It's always a huge concern with athletes and rehabilitation.

His time should have been spent rehabbing.

no, his time should have been spent representing the first place Reds in the ASG. the Game had nothing to do with the injury, he has been fragile the entire season, and if he needs a few days off right now to get him though the rest of the season, better now then in late August or September.

EDIT: The All Star game was like a vacation BTW, it was in southern California LOL

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Maybe Dusty should notice what our record is when he replaces Rolen with Cairo.

I just looked it up.

It's 5-8.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 07:01 PM
no, his time should have been spent representing the first place Reds in the ASG.

I can't think of a more ridiculous way to spend one's time.

kfm
07-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Francisco is probably possible trade bait and bringing him up won't increase his status, plus Dusty prefers vets over younger players which means Cairo is going to see the playing time at 3rd over anyone not named Rolen. Also Mathews is his guy and this give them the opening to bring him without having to send someone down.

This just does not make any sense whatsoever. If Stubbs got hurt or if one of the other outfielders were hurt that is one thing, but if Rolen gets hurt this just seems like a bizarre step. Who is coming off of the forty man roster? Let's just pretend like Dusty is secretly scheming to make this happen, why would Walt go for this? Walt and Bob have known each other a lot longer than Bob and Dusty. I personally think that the real power in the Reds organization is Walt. I don't think anything happens roster or transaction wise that Walt does not want done. Why would Walt go for this. If this does happen you would have to assume that Walt and Dusty both want it to happen.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
no, his time should have been spent representing the first place Reds in the ASG. the Game had nothing to do with the injury, he has been fragile the entire season, and if he needs a few days off right now to get him though the rest of the season, better now then in late August or September.

EDIT: The All Star game was like a vacation BTW, it was in southern California LOL

Again, you obviously don't travel much.

kfm
07-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I just looked it up.

It's 5-8.

What is their record without Rolen since he got here regardless of who replaces him? 5-8 might be the best record of anyone when Rolen is not playing.

RedsFanInBama
07-19-2010, 07:07 PM
They didn't sign GMJ to sit in AAA.

Yes they did. Well, to play in AAA anyway. He was signed to help fill in the AAA outfield and as a little insurance in case of an injury.

AintlifeGrande
07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
AAA Louisville: Gary Matthews OF 19 82 14 27 5 1 3 5 43 6 21 3 2 .375 .524 .329 .899

Orodle
07-19-2010, 08:00 PM
I thought Rolen was sick....

Vottomatic
07-19-2010, 09:00 PM

You can take this to the bank. The Reds will acquire Zach Greinke, Joakim Soria, and David Dejesus for Bruce, Heisey, Alonso, Francisco, Valaika, David Sappelt, Maloney, Lecure, Harang, and Jordan Smith by the end of the week. ;) :p:

markymark69
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Are threads like this really necessary? The Reds are having a great season, battling for the playoffs for the first time since 1999. We have a ton of good, young players and we have to be subjected to this nonsense.

If Gary Matthews, Jr comes to the big league club and it's likely he will before the season is up, I hope he tears the cover off the ball - I want to see him do well, I want to see Dusty do well, I want to see the Reds do well because that means they are having a winning season and possibly getting the playoffs.

I'm tired of all the negative B.S. and all the incessant complaining about every little thing this organization does. They are one of the surprises of baseball and are set up to be good for a long time.

Please stop with all the negative crap - it's makes my head hurt. There are more important things in the world to be hacked off about - the Reds, this season, aren't one of them.

cbowen2112
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Really tired of even seeing these types of threads pop up. We won another game...yes, yes we know in spite of Dusty!

All of the players show up and say, "Hey guys let's win this one even though our manager is horrible!" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not the case. He stuck with people the last couple of years, because he did not have a Stubbs or Heisey major league ready! He played what he had....forced by what the FO gave him...he has been a solid manager this year despite what your comments allude to.

cbowen2112
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Are threads like this really necessary? The Reds are having a great season, battling for the playoffs for the first time since 1999. We have a ton of good, young players and we have to be subjected to this nonsense.

If Gary Matthews, Jr comes to the big league club and it's likely he will before the season is up, I hope he tears the cover off the ball - I want to see him do well, I want to see Dusty do well, I want to see the Reds do well because that means they are having a winning season and possibly getting the playoffs.

I'm tired of all the negative B.S. and all the incessant complaining about every little thing this organization does. They are one of the surprises of baseball and are set up to be good for a long time.

Please stop with all the negative crap - it's makes my head hurt. There are more important things in the world to be hacked off about - the Reds, this season, aren't one of them.

:beerme::beerme:

:thumbup:

Vottomatic
07-19-2010, 10:49 PM

Cordero just had to walk someone in the ninth inning. Never fails.

:D :p: ;)

bounty37h
07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Why not? Gary is "dusty's" boy and now there is an opening on the roster for him without having to demote Heisey. Who else would you see Dusty calling up? Sutton? Don't see him....so here comes GMJ...:thumbdown

I don't know, I would *hope* Dusty sees this as his last chance and will cover his butt now that we are in the hunt this season, not favor his boys when W's are coming along...

KOBasinger
07-20-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't see Stubbs going anywhere anytime soon..If Rolen does in fact get DL'd there's a better chance Sutton gets the call up rather than GMJ

brm7675
07-20-2010, 11:31 AM

No this is exactly the type of season where we can't "accept" the Reds pulling this kind of crap. We do have a good team with some incredible young talent and to "allow" either Walt or Dusty to bring up someone as bad as GMJ because he brings vet leadership and is the son of one of Dusty's friends is sicking. There was ZERO reason in signing this guy, he brings nothing to the plate so to speak and even the remote shot of seeing him in a Reds uniform makes me want to hurl.:thumbdown

brm7675
07-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Really tired of even seeing these types of threads pop up. We won another game...yes, yes we know in spite of Dusty!

All of the players show up and say, "Hey guys let's win this one even though our manager is horrible!" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not the case. He stuck with people the last couple of years, because he did not have a Stubbs or Heisey major league ready! He played what he had....forced by what the FO gave him...he has been a solid manager this year despite what your comments allude to.

If you really believe that, then you either don't watch many games, or don't grasp the basic fundementals of the sport. How do you justify him playing Orlando everyday? How do you justify him using a pitcher like Mike Lincoln for possibly 3 consecutive innings? How do you justify him wanting "more" for his young pitcher to get a complete game over actually wanting to win the game?

bgwilly31
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
If you really believe that, then you either don't watch many games, or don't grasp the basic fundementals of the sport. How do you justify him playing Orlando everyday? How do you justify him using a pitcher like Mike Lincoln for possibly 3 consecutive innings? How do you justify him wanting "more" for his young pitcher to get a complete game over actually wanting to win the game?

Oh gawd. You said that name.

Im so glad we dont have to watch him come in for relief during a close game ianymore.

I think cairo proved last night he's got what it takes to replace rolen while hes getting better.

And the players interviews last night inferred that rolen would be back sooner than later.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't see Stubbs going anywhere anytime soon..If Rolen does in fact get DL'd there's a better chance Sutton gets the call up rather than GMJ

Comon sense will say you are right, but again we are dealing with Dusty Baker who I really believe is more concerned with his personal relationships with players and friends over winning.

KOBasinger
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Comon sense will say you are right, but again we are dealing with Dusty Baker who I really believe is more concerned with his personal relationships with players and friends over winning.

So him and Stubbs are enemies?:D

brm7675
07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
So him and Stubbs are enemies?:D

not at all, but GMJ is a major leave Vet, which Stubbs isn't, GMJ is the son of a longtime friend from the game, which Stubbs isn't and Stubbs while having flashes of very good play, has struggled at times. So Dusty brings up GMJ to help "mentor" Stubbs in becoming that next great CF and how do you do that, you play that major league vet and allow Stubbs to watch and learn.

markymark69
07-20-2010, 11:57 AM
No this is exactly the type of season where we can't "accept" the Reds pulling this kind of crap. We do have a good team with some incredible young talent and to "allow" either Walt or Dusty to bring up someone as bad as GMJ because he brings vet leadership and is the son of one of Dusty's friends is sicking. There was ZERO reason in signing this guy, he brings nothing to the plate so to speak and even the remote shot of seeing him in a Reds uniform makes me want to hurl.:thumbdown

Well good for you, happy hurling. I'm just saying why bring it up now? Focus on the here and now and the here and now is pretty good. Besides you do not know how Matthews will do(although I think you would want him to fail, just so you win the argument and come off like you know something) or how much he'll play?

I'm saying if he does come up I want him to do well, whether he will or he won't remains to be seen. Rather Rolen goes on the DL remains to be seen. Why be negative all the time? The whole crux of your post is negative and right now is not necessary. Matthews is not here and Rolen is not on DL yet. The Reds being 10 games over .500 and in the hunt for the playoffs is and that's a good thing.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Well good for you, happy hurling. I'm just saying why bring it up now? Focus on the here and now and the here and now is pretty good. Besides you do not know how Matthews will do(although I think you would want him to fail, just so you win the argument and come off like you know something) or how much he'll play?

I'm saying if he does come up I want him to do well, whether he will or he won't remains to be seen. Rather Rolen goes on the DL remains to be seen. Why be negative all the time? The whole crux of your post is negative and right now is not necessary. Matthews is not here and Rolen is not on DL yet. The Reds being 10 games over .500 and in the hunt for the playoffs is and that's a good thing.

Yes we do know how he is going to do, Look at his numbers with the LAA and the Mets, a blind, one legged man could post better numbers. As for how much, Dusty is our mananger, he will play him.

Rolen is how old? Hamstring injuries are bad issues, especailly when you are old like Rolen is. If you don't rest them and let them heal fully you are asking for continual problems, and the problem must be bad if they had to give him a shot. Do the smart thing, shut him down for 15 days, have him rehab.

This team is 10 games over, when they should be at least 18-22 games over, so sure when you have sucked so long like the Reds have, "Joe" fan jumps for joy when they are "10 games" over. I see the talent on this field and know we are not maximizing that talent and losing games we should not lose. :thumbdown

markymark69
07-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Yes we do know how he is going to do, Look at his numbers with the LAA and the Mets, a blind, one legged man could post better numbers. As for how much, Dusty is our mananger, he will play him.

Rolen is how old? Hamstring injuries are bad issues, especailly when you are old like Rolen is. If you don't rest them and let them heal fully you are asking for continual problems, and the problem must be bad if they had to give him a shot. Do the smart thing, shut him down for 15 days, have him rehab.

This team is 10 games over, when they should be at least 18-22 games over, so sure when you have sucked so long like the Reds have, "Joe" fan jumps for joy when they are "10 games" over. I see the talent on this field and know we are not maximizing that talent and losing games we should not lose. :thumbdown

You talk like 10 games over .500 is a bad thing. You must be miserable. To say that we should be 18-22 games over .500 is pure speculation. The Reds have comeback and won as many games that they should have lost as they have lost that they should have won.

Everything with Matthews and Rolen that you are saying is speculation at this point. I don't know what's going to happen and neither do you "Nostradamus". You can guess and you can be negative and you can hope for failure so you can feel good about yourself that actually got something right.

Am I happy with the season? absolutely, because it's the best season they've had in 11 years.

The "joe" fan comment - made me laugh. I've forgotten more about baseball than you'll ever know.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Am I happy with the season? absolutely, because it's the best season they've had in 11 years.

This is where we differ, your okay with them playing where they are at when it is clear the talent is there for them to be playing better. You are willing to be happy with a "winning" record, I have higher expectations given the overall talent on this team.

Hey Meat
07-20-2010, 01:14 PM

Please tell me that he is not dating one of Dusty's daughters like Corey Patterson was.

markymark69
07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
This is where we differ, your okay with them playing where they are at when it is clear the talent is there for them to be playing better. You are willing to be happy with a "winning" record, I have higher expectations given the overall talent on this team.

I can only deal with reality. You have no proof that should be better than what they are! Based on where they have been in the past - I am happy with there are now, in reality. Sitting around and saying that they should be better than this is not reality and has no basis in fact.

For every close game they've lost or big lead they've blown, there is a comeback win (a game they probably should have lost) on the other side.

They were predicted to be much worse than they what they are right now. That is why I'm happy. I want to get to the playoffs - I'm happy with a winning record, because they haven't had one since 2000. I will be more happy if they make the playoffs.

But to sit there and say they should be 18-22 games above .500 is not reality. They aren't. They are 10 over - that's reality and that's a whole lot better than it has been. Could it be better? Maybe? But I know it could be a whole lot worse - I've seen that movie before.

Therefore I choose to be positive instead of sitting and drumming up every negative thing that I could write about, speculating on people who aren't even here and aren't on the DL. It's just not necessary, dude.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I can only deal with reality. You have no proof that should be better than what they are! Based on where they have been in the past - I am happy with there are now, in reality. Sitting around and saying that they should be better than this is not reality and has no basis in fact.

For every close game they've lost or big lead they've blown, there is a comeback win (a game they probably should have lost) on the other side.

They were predicted to be much worse than they what they are right now. That is why I'm happy. I want to get to the playoffs - I'm happy with a winning record, because they haven't had one since 2000. I will be more happy if they make the playoffs.

But to sit there and say they should be 18-22 games above .500 is not reality. They aren't. They are 10 over - that's reality and that's a whole lot better than it has been. Could it be better? Maybe? But I know it could be a whole lot worse - I've seen that movie before.

Therefore I choose to be positive instead of sitting and drumming up every negative thing that I could write about, speculating on people who aren't even here and aren't on the DL. It's just not necessary, dude.

Hey if you are okay with the knowledge that your manager has cost your team the lead in the division and anywhere from 5-7 wins so far this season, then more power to you, I refuse to sit back and accept it as I know this team can be better.

RedsFanInBama
07-20-2010, 02:40 PM
I refuse to sit back and accept it ...
How are you going to go about not accepting it? Pick up another team to root for? Boycott the games in person and on TV? Boycott this message board (*crosses fingers*)?

:wave:

brm7675
07-20-2010, 03:13 PM
How are you going to go about not accepting it? Pick up another team to root for? Boycott the games in person and on TV? Boycott this message board (*crosses fingers*)?

Nope via any means possible. Banners at games, letters to ownership, calls into WLW, txt to people. Anything possible to vent...

BurgervilleBuck
07-20-2010, 03:17 PM

Yah, that Kevin Millar interview was really physically demanding.:rolleyes:

BurgervilleBuck
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Given the overall talent, I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Some guys are performing over their average (Gomes, for instance). Ten games over .500, in the wild card hunt, if not first place... heck, after the last couple of seasons, I'm like a pig in swill.

You don't go from being in the depths of the NLC to the being the New York Yankees in one season. This is a team that has its best days ahead of it. Why are you being so negative?

markymark69
07-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey if you are okay with the knowledge that your manager has cost your team the lead in the division and anywhere from 5-7 wins so far this season, then more power to you, I refuse to sit back and accept it as I know this team can be better.

You aren't even trying to understand. I notice that you provided ZERO proof of your statement. Dusty has come to bat zero times, he has thrown zero pitches. He has been picked off zero times. This is about the players executing.

Dusty is no different than any other manager. Some moves work, some don't. The players win and the players lose, the manager has very little impact on the season. If that was the case, Sparky and Lou and Davey Johnson would never have had any losing seasons, but the fact is they did. And all three are Hall of Fame caliber managers.

It's players plain and simple.

You say Dusty has cost the Reds 5-7 games. I could come back with Dusty's line-up changes sparked the run in May and June that has put the Reds in this position, but of course then you would say the players did that - which is exactly my point - it is about players and not managers.

Most of what your saying doesn't even make sense - it's speculation - no facts.

As a fan you have a right to second guess the manager. But at least be factual. Do not make up stuff up or say he'll do this and that when you don't know he's going to do.

Griffey012
07-20-2010, 05:09 PM

LOL :beerme:

MBZags
07-20-2010, 05:21 PM
From ESPN:

Matthews has an out clause in his contract that allows him to become a free agent if he's not promoted to the major league club by July 24, according to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick. So the Reds risk losing him if they don't bring him up by Saturday.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors#6450

FlyerFanatic
07-20-2010, 05:25 PM
let him walk then. no one is gonna pick him up

Kingspoint
07-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Yah, that Kevin Millar interview was really physically demanding.:rolleyes:

For the ignorant...

Reds manager Dusty Baker said... "It always happens after All-Star games. But they went coast-to-coast and back and didn't have any off days. When you're tired, the first thing you lose is your concentration.

"I just told him to stay home, eat, sleep and show up late.