PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Perspective from SI...

Rockermann
07-20-2010, 11:00 AM
"So let's see: the highest scoring team in the league, ace starter and 102-mph lefty reliever riding to the rescue, a cupcake schedule . . . yep, the Reds are here to stay"

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tom_verducci/07/20/reds.central/

RedsFanInBama
07-20-2010, 11:03 AM
The counter to that is that we still have a ton of road games to play, including our usual West-Coast nemesis of a trip, plus I don't think Chapman is going to be rescuing anything this season. And Rolen is hurt. Other than that, yeah, I agree with him.

DocRed
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Our leadoff hitters are a combined .277 OBP....wow that is beyond terrible.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
"So let's see: the highest scoring team in the league, ace starter and 102-mph lefty reliever riding to the rescue, a cupcake schedule . . . yep, the Reds are here to stay"

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tom_verducci/07/20/reds.central/

I am not sold yet on Chapman really being that big of a help to the team this season...:rolleyes:

Red in Atl
07-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I am not sold yet on Chapman really being that big of a help to the team this season...:rolleyes:

I'm not either, and I really don't think it's that big of a deal. I would be fine if he never pitched in the bigs this year.

I like the fact that some just thinks we could make the playoffs because of an easy schedule. You take away the Phillies and Braves meltdowns and you have a 6-game swing on that 32-34 record against good teams. This team has proven time and time again that they can play with anyone.

I'd much prefer the rest of baseball thinks we are pushovers. I remember a team of the past that was supposed to get their butts handed to them in the WS...and it didn't quite work out that way.

markymark69
07-20-2010, 12:03 PM

They obviously did not consult Redszone before they wrote this. :D

Vottomatic
07-20-2010, 12:10 PM
They obviously did not consult Redszone before they wrote this. :D

Yeah, don't they know we suck and have the worst manager in baseball? :D

Girevik
07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah, don't they know we suck and have the worst manager in baseball? :D

And not just Major League baseball either. Minor leagues, Mexican leagues, my son's little league......

Moosie52
07-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Any story about Reds pitching that doesn't mention the job Arthur Rhodes has done this year is baffling.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, don't they know we have the worst manager in baseball?

thank you someone else sees it..

Kiss the Baby00
07-20-2010, 01:13 PM
thank you someone else sees it..

lol

The Voice of IH
07-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I really enjoyed this article, I thought it was spot on in just about everything it had to say. The Reds do play a VERY EASY (actually the easiest) schedule in baseball, plus we have 5 damn good pitchers going one right after another. The reds are getting bull pen help, plus the existing pen is holding up well right now. It did reference Chapman a little much, but boy would it not be unbelievable if he was able to come up here and make an immediate impact. And it also talked about Cabrera hitting leadoff, when he did not hit in that spot in quite a while (besides tonight :D). I really like the last thought, "The Reds are here to stay"!