PDA

View Full Version : If you are the Cards, what are you thinking?

brm7675
07-21-2010, 06:02 PM
The Cards have been the hottest team over the past what couple of weeks and during that time the Reds get swept by the Phils and such and yet even with the Cards not having 1 loss since the ASB they are only a .5 game up. If you are the Cards you have to begin to wonder what it will take to seperate them from the Reds. I mean you have to wonder if at some point it starts to effect them....

RedsLvr
07-21-2010, 06:29 PM
I was certainly thinking the same exact thing when we were in first place. We won win series after series and we still only had a 3 game lead once. The fact of the matter is that unless one of us completely drop off, this will be a close race until the end.

Rockermann
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
They have to be wondering what they have to do to get ahead... It must be at least a little frustrating to them.

I just know I'm VERY happy we didn't start of the second half going 2-4 or something like that. We could be 3-4 games back already. That would would have sucked. And had everyone around here throwing in the towel.

While it's a bummer we're not picking up any ground while we're winning, I'm glad we're winning while the Cards are. The alternative is certainly not a pleasant thought.

sivman17
07-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking 11 threads on the front page by one person has to be some sort of record.

brm7675
07-21-2010, 06:43 PM
With only 6 games left vs. each other and the only way to make ground with 2 three game series is to sweep, you have to think it somehow favors the Reds down the stretch...

Razzle
07-21-2010, 07:13 PM
With only 6 games left vs. each other and the only way to make ground with 2 three game series is to sweep, you have to think it somehow favors the Reds down the stretch...

How does this favor the Reds any more than it does the Cards?

NorrisHopper30
07-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I still look at that team and think their are holes in the bottom of the lineup and top of the lineup..the middle is just insane.

Kingspoint
07-21-2010, 07:51 PM
If I'm the Cards, I'm thinking how great it is to have St. Louis fans.

Rex0r
07-21-2010, 08:30 PM
I was certainly thinking the same exact thing when we were in first place. We won win series after series and we still only had a 3 game lead once. The fact of the matter is that unless one of us completely drop off, this will be a close race until the end.

I'm a cardinals fan living in St. Louis, and this post is exactly what we're thinking. We had hope during our struggles because you guys were(still are) playing great baseball, yet we were still within range. Now that we're finally playing to our potential (almost, still missing David Freese at 3b) most feel we're gearing up for a good old fashioned pennant race. Many here would also like to see the Red's win the wild card, that way the Cards get the division title AND we don't have to hear about the central being a aaaa division :D.

Rijo's Ghost
07-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I'd say it's more frustrating to be the team in 2nd that keeps winning. Look at what it did to the Cubs last year. They were up on them a half game, tied or down a half game for a 2 week stretch in July/August and then fell apart. Didn't gain even a half a game in the standings on any single day for over a month.

We better keep it up because the Cardinals have historically been a great 2nd half team under LaRussa.

Kingspoint
07-21-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm a cardinals fan living in St. Louis, and this post is exactly what we're thinking. We had hope during our struggles because you guys were(still are) playing great baseball, yet we were still within range. Now that we're finally playing to our potential (almost, still missing David Freese at 3b) most feel we're gearing up for a good old fashioned pennant race. Many here would also like to see the Red's win the wild card, that way the Cards get the division title AND we don't have to hear about the central being a aaaa division :D.

It's going to be All-RED in October with the Cards and REDS, and maybe Phillies making the playoffs.

Rex0r
07-21-2010, 08:43 PM
It's going to be All-RED in October with the Cards and REDS, and maybe Phillies making the playoffs.

Lets hope, Cincy is a fun, easy to root for team with alot of chemistry. Rolen, Phillips, Votto, Leake.....alot of players that are hard to root against :beerme:. Walt is great too!

Kingspoint
07-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Lets hope, Cincy is a fun, easy to root for team with alot of chemistry. Rolen, Phillips, Votto, Leake.....alot of players that are hard to root against :beerme:. Walt is great too!

When they put this Division together there would be no better rivalry that they would hope would occur than a Cards/REDS rivaly.

Let's face it. The Cubs never win, so they could never have a "real" rivalry.

The REDS have failed miserably on their part. Making the Wildcard the first year of the Division's existence, and nearly making it as the WildCard in '99, but it's been complete futility since then.

The REDS are set up now to be annual competitors for the playoffs with the abundance of big-league talent and rich farm system they possess. The Cards are always contenders, so they're a given that they'll do their part.

Vottomatic
07-21-2010, 09:20 PM
The Cards are thinking "Dusty Baker will lose enough games for the Reds, so why worry?"

Maker_84
07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
we're in cruise control

Jefferson24
07-22-2010, 08:24 AM
they are thinking.....we are not healthy but still unbeatable, buy the playoff tickets now.

leeech86
07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
They are thinking "we will make this push to knock the reds out of the playoff just to choke in the nlds like we did last year."

Hondo
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
They Bring in Larry Walker, Matt Holliday, and now maybe Roy Oswalt...

If Walt and Bob had some major commitment...

They would bring in a Corey Hart, a Zach Greinke, a Dan Haren, or a Joakim Soria...

Not a Matt Lindstrom or a John Buck or alas a David DeJesus...

Vottomatic
07-24-2010, 05:49 PM
The Cards are thinking, I wish we were playing at Cincinnati this weekend so we could stop by and get some Skyline Chili.

1990REDS
07-25-2010, 12:03 PM
they are thinking, were 7-3 since the break and still in 2nd. Maybe its not our year.

RedsLvr
07-25-2010, 12:14 PM
They're also thinking, "Damn, the reds just rocked the ace pitcher we were trying to get".

Magdal
07-26-2010, 01:52 PM
The Cards don't know WHAT to think! The 'Phenom" Rasmus is a strikeout machine...the All Star catcher can't get the ball to second w/o a bounce, and he hits into DPs like mad...only one worse is Pujols.

The 4 and 5 starters are really bad, I gotta think they need help. If they don't get Oswalt they have NO chance to win the NL title.

mattfeet
07-26-2010, 01:57 PM

Nice seeing a Cards fan that is actually decent to talk to. Welcome to the site. :beerme:

-Matt

Kingspoint
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
They are thinking, "These REDS are never going away. We need to improve our club with a trade or we're not going to make the playoffs."

sivman17
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I get a kick out of Felipe Lopez's comment from a week or two ago when he said that the Reds have no shot because we have been hot and the Cards weren't hot and they were sticking right with the Reds. The Reds are .500 since May 29 and the Cards have been really hot lately, considering they won 8 in a row, yet they are only .5 games ahead.

Rijo's Ghost
07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
They are thinking, "These REDS are never going away. We need to improve our club with a trade or we're not going to make the playoffs."

Why would they think they won't make the playoffs considering that they have the lead and have spent more time in first?

Kingspoint
07-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Why would they think they won't make the playoffs considering that they have the lead and have spent more time in first?

Because we've spent most of the time in 1st Place over the last 10 weeks, while many teams are better than the Cardinals...Braves, Padres, Giants, REDS, and others.

Rijo's Ghost
07-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Because we've spent most of the time in 1st Place over the last 10 weeks, while many teams are better than the Cardinals...Braves, Padres, Giants, REDS, and others.

That doesn't make any sense, but ok.