PDA

View Full Version : I figured it all out...

mrherd05
07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Dusty is a genius. A flipping genius. He is tanking these games so Walt will realize we dont need pitching, we need a big ole bat.

We are so lucky to have Dusty as our manager.

That has to be it....right? I cant think of any other explanations.

Hondo
07-26-2010, 10:47 PM
The worst part is was 2 runs off "The Randy Wolf" of the 5.00+ ERA

bshall2105
07-27-2010, 12:20 AM
It's not Dusty that figured it out it's the 1-4 hitters in the lineup.

Jr's Boy
07-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Walt needs to do something this week at the deadline.Having base's loaded,with no outs and coming away with 1,or 2 runs is getting way too old.We could have had the Brewers on the ropes right off the bat,but we come away with 2 runs to show for it.Arroyo goes 8 innings and gives up 2 R,2 ER's till the Edmonds shot, and kept us in the game the whole way.He could have cruised with a 4 or 5 run cushion.
For once ,and it seems like a lifetime,the SP ain't the problem.But they need to figure out this offense soon as we swing(wiff) into August.

Vottomatic
07-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Send down Bruce and Stubbs as a wake up call. Atleast Bruce. Stubbs 104 K's and Bruce's 92 K's are ridiculous. Make some darn contact.

Bring up Francisco and Dorn for a week, but don't tell Bruce and Stubbs they'll be back. Shake them up a bit.

GIDP
07-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Send down Bruce and Stubbs as a wake up call. Atleast Bruce. Stubbs 104 K's and Bruce's 92 K's are ridiculous. Make some darn contact.

Bring up Francisco and Dorn for a week, but don't tell Bruce and Stubbs they'll be back. Shake them up a bit.

Are you willing to bench Gomes for a week then also? Just wondering why Gomes gets a free pass by you.

Red in Atl
07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Gomes was 3 for 4 and he has almost 70 RBI's. Plus he isn't a rookie. I think Vottomatic's point is quite valid that sometimes these kids get a little used to "the Show" and forget what it took to get there.

Dusty would never send Bruce down, but I do like the idea of sending Stubbs down for a week or two. Get him some damn confidence. He looks absolutely foolish at the plate. That first AB was pathetic last night.

I think you'd be surprised what a week in the minors can do for a guy who's used to all the perks. And why not see Dorn for a bit. I know I'd like to see him play. But how would you not put Heisey out there if Stubbs isn't?

GIDP
07-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Stubbs and Bruce also arent rookies. They also are better defenders and both are more valuable players because of it.

Hillsdale87
07-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Gomes gets a free pass because he had a good game last night? Stubbs and Bruce are the future for the Reds. They need to learn to play through struggles, as frustrating as that may be for us to watch. They're not going to learn too much by going down to the Minors. Stubbs is streaky and will come back with a hot streak soon enough. Gomes, on the other hand, is a filler. I don't understand Dusty's willingness to stick with him through his struggles as he has been trending down offensively the last 2 months, and his defense was never good. Give Heisey consistent starts or make a trade

brm7675
07-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Well we know that's not going to happen, and not sure what good it would do.

Moosie52
07-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Gomes, on the other hand, is a filler.

I don't get why some underappreciate Gomes. He's an RBI machine. He's got 81 games to go to get the 7 HRs that will match last season's total of 20. I'm sure he will do it. For what the Reds are paying him, he's money in the bank. Heisey will get his time. The Reds have been pretty lucky with injuries this year or Heisey would already be in the outfield.

bgwilly31
07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I cant believe there's not a thread about why dusty left Bronson out there for the 8th inning>?

rhodes cordero werent ready>?

Red in Atl
07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Stubbs and Bruce also arent rookies. They also are better defenders and both are more valuable players because of it.

Stubbs has less than a year of MLB service and Bruce is 23. They are not technically eligible for ROY so you are right :rolleyes: they aren't rookies, but they are quite young and certainly aren't veterans either.

Yes they are good defenders as well, but how long do you want to lose games like last night? I'm sick and tired of watching Stubbs flail away. He hasn't had a hit in a week. What is wrong with a trip to AAA?

Light a fire under his arse! Guess what buddy, the $200 a day meal ticket just went bye-bye. Go see how the other half lives.

He will find his stroke real quick.

Hillsdale87
07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I cant believe there's not a thread about why dusty left Bronson out there for the 8th inning>?

rhodes cordero werent ready>?

Arroyo had only thrown 73 pitches through 7 innings and was throwing well. Even after 8, he had only thrown 88 pitches. There was no reason to get somebody ready. Arroyo just made a bad pitch.

And regarding Gomes, I agree that he's a bargain. And he was great in the month of May, but he has been an average/below average hitter the last 2 months. With his defense, he needs to be a plus hitter. I think he still has a role on the team, but they should at least give Heisey a string of starts to see what he can do. Gomes has a .720 OPS the last 2 months. I'm sure Heisey could do that with much better defense.

brm7675
07-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Stubbs has less than a year of MLB service and Bruce is 23. They are not technically eligible for ROY so you are right :rolleyes: they aren't rookies, but they are quite young and certainly aren't veterans either.

Yes they are good defenders as well, but how long do you want to lose games like last night? I'm sick and tired of watching Stubbs flail away. He hasn't had a hit in a week. What is wrong with a trip to AAA?

Light a fire under his arse! Guess what buddy, the $200 a day meal ticket just went bye-bye. Go see how the other half lives.

He will find his stroke real quick.

Why do you think a trip to AAA will help? He can hit that pitching, he needs to learn to his major league pitching, and that doesn't happen in AAA.

Red in Atl
07-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Why do you think a trip to AAA will help? He can hit that pitching, he needs to learn to his major league pitching, and that doesn't happen in AAA.

So your solution is to keep running him out there everyday? Hope he learns how to hit MLB pitching, while our chance at making the playoff's slips away? Because we can't rely on Votto and Rolen to carry this team. We need all 25 guys contributing.

I'm offering up sending our CF'er down to AAA for a bit, because he's struggled all year, hasn't had a hit in a week and hurts us more than not. Heisey is just as good a fielder and Dorn has never had a chance.

BTW, I'd be surprised if he can hit any pitching right now. And sometimes you send a guy down so he can have success, so when he comes back he has confidence in himself.

Stubbs has never been sent back to AAA since first being called up. I think he's out future CF'er, but the future is not now.

BurgervilleBuck
07-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Are you willing to bench Gomes for a week then also? Just wondering why Gomes gets a free pass by you.

You keep using that line. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Red in Atl
07-27-2010, 02:20 PM
You keep using that line. I do not think it means what you think it means.

:D

CWRed
07-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes by all means send Bruce and Stubbs down to AAA and bring up 2 inexperienced players. That's gonna do it. Good Lord. I sometimes wonder what people are smoking. :eek:

Bruce is 23!!! He's having an ok year but slumping now...but he's starting to hit the ball the opposite way. He's learning and is having a good year based on his age. Stubbs is in his first year and has been streaky (like most players). He's got nearly 50 RBI's.

Main problems are Cabrera at the plate and in the field. And Heisey needs to play more in place of any of the 3 outfielders at times...And Hanigan needs to move way up in the lineup. And Cordero. And being more patient at the plate again...which leads to....Dusty Baker.