PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread Negativity Bingo!

Brisco
07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
(Warning long intro) I think there are many on this board who just like to root for the Reds and don't take pleasure in predicting their inevitable downfall each and every night... nor do we hope to prove our baseball acumen by finding fault with every mangerial decision. We just like to be around other Reds fans and experience the highs (and yes the lows too) together. I confess that after a reds win where I missed the game, I still go back and read the game threads just to see the dancing smiley faces after each home run... it makes the win all that much more pleasurabe and its almost like experiencing it live.

That said, I know other folks enjoy being the first to point out that

"(insert starting pitcher here) ... isn't fooling anyone tonight" after the second hit of the night...

or to be the first to identify a pending Reds collapse with a "Here it comes." after a leadoff walk.

To some of us those are just debbie-downer comments that don't make watching the game together as much fun.

Ok... it's time to turn all the negativity in each and ever game thread into something fun for the rest of us... its time to play

Game Thread Negativity Bingo!!.

The rules are simple. List your favorite negative comments in this thread... you know like:

"I will be surprised if {Random Reds Player} even makes contact in this at bat"

or

"{Random Reds Player not named Votto or Rolen} is just a huge gap in our lineup."

or from last night:

"Runner at 3, less than 2 outs = won't score""

Then sit back and watch the Game Thread. If three comments from this list come up in less than one full inning, be the first to yell "Bingo!" and you will be that night's winner! You name will be duly recorded as such in this thread. If enough folks participate, there will be prizes for the top three game thread winners at the end of the season.

A couple of other rules though...

1. You can't be the one to have made any of the comments.
2. In fact, if you ever make one of the comments in a game thread from this point forward, you are no longer eligible to win Game Thread Negativity Bingo.
3. I have listed six negative comments in this post. PLEASE add more. Negative comments must be listed in this thread BEFORE the start of a given game to count.
4. The comments must be negative... not merely rooting for a different player; in other words, a "[Insert Player] should get more starts over {Insert Player]" would not count, but a simple "[Insert Player] sucks!" would.

As a bonus, be the first to identify two negative predictions by the same poster as wrong in a given game thread and earn the title "Protector of the Realm of Optomism."

Finally, I am a Sun Deck plebian so only that game thread counts for this contest.

Good luck and enjoy!

Brisco

jredmo2
07-28-2010, 01:23 PM
[Insert player] strikes out/GIDP/etc. What a surprise

Fon Duc Tow
07-28-2010, 01:31 PM
that "insert player" is usually Stubbs or Bruce.

;)

KOBasinger
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Not going to lie, this is a great idea. :thumbup:

Dale4Saul2Red0
07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
we suck

BurgervilleBuck
07-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm for it.

(the game, not the negativity)

Hey Meat
07-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Sounds like fun. I always play B.S. bingo at staff meetings. Whenever I hear words like benchmark or pedagogy I call Bingo.
I get the point though. Stop all of the negativity. Be positive. Went to watch this team over the weekend. I am excited about the rest of the year. Be positive. The Reds will break the no play-off appearance streak this year.