PDA

View Full Version : the front office showed us nothing...

rolenmvp
07-31-2010, 04:01 PM
talking about wanting to win. what did they say? we will build a winner and instead they stand pat at the deadline and do absolutely nothing. talk about being a winner, I am the biggest reds fan this side of the country and I know their wasn't some deals available and I understand that but you could at least show the fans your going to try and do something instead of settling for old age wonders like izzy and springer.

come on walt. I mean? really.

Dale4Saul2Red0
07-31-2010, 04:01 PM
yawn

Girevik
07-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Don't we already have this thread going?

Orodle
07-31-2010, 06:50 PM
If there wasnt a deal on the table to improve the team then I'm glad they didnt take it. I trust Jocketty, as his track record of trading is second to none.

rolenmvp
07-31-2010, 07:07 PM
I just want to say I apolgize for my actions this afternoon by getting mad over the trades not happening, it's just I want to see these reds do big things and I guess I expect too much. I really love my ballclub and I will support them until the day I die, btw lets win this series tomorrow, soo I just want to say and man up and say I am truly sorry.

GO REDS!!:beerme:

arkimadee
07-31-2010, 07:08 PM
we are all guilty of it from time to time.. we all want nothing but the reds to do well or we wouldn't be here!

GIDP
07-31-2010, 07:10 PM
I do not accept.

rolenmvp
07-31-2010, 07:10 PM
I know what you mean. I just want to see a change in the lineup, even if it means bringing somebody up from louisville.

Reds
07-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I was going to accept, but GIDP changed my mind.

RedsFanInBama
07-31-2010, 07:15 PM
talking about wanting to win. what did they say? we will build a winner and instead they stand pat at the deadline and do absolutely nothing. talk about being a winner, I am the biggest reds fan this side of the country and I know their wasn't some deals available and I understand that but you could at least show the fans your going to try and do something instead of settling for old age wonders like izzy and springer.

come on walt. I mean? really.

Not making a move may have been the best move. It's impossible to know who was on the block or what other teams wanted for them.

bshall2105
07-31-2010, 07:17 PM
If we would have lost today would you have apologized like this? Just curious because it's funny the different tone of the threads from a day we lost to a day we won.

RedsFanInBama
07-31-2010, 07:19 PM
I do not accept.

:laugh:

bornready
07-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Not making a move may have been the best move. It's impossible to know who was on the block or what other teams wanted for them.

exactly

Dale4Saul2Red0
07-31-2010, 08:12 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_Jb5D-26Ftj_-M:http://www.peterhill.org/images/denied.gif&t=1

will5979
07-31-2010, 09:22 PM
If we would have lost today would you have apologized like this? Just curious because it's funny the different tone of the threads from a day we lost to a day we won.

I feel you because when the Reds lose, it literally ruins my day, so this year 47 days of my year has been ruined, I'm very OCD, I'll admit, I want wins everyday, even though I can't have them. Call me greedy, spoiled, unrealistic, yep all of the above fits me, but I want my team to win because I wouldn't give a hootin' hell to a man that lost and laughed about it.

BringDownMugabe
07-31-2010, 09:39 PM
There had to be some way the Reds could have improved the bench. Nix is garbage and I refuse to believe Ty Wiggington would have cost an arm and a leg.

DocRed
07-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Well at least we didn't make a bonehead move like the Cardinals did today.

GIDP
07-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Or the Dodgers

BringDownMugabe
07-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Well at least we didn't make a bonehead move like the Cardinals did today.

I'm telling you, the Cardinals trade is going to work out. All of their trades always do, especially when it comes to veteran pitchers. Name one trade where they acquired a veteran pitcher during the season and it backfired? Woody Williams? Darryl Kile? Chuck Finley? Andy Benes?

We always say it'll backfire but it never does. Face it, this is what the Cardinals do. They turn average veteran pitchers into solid contributors and there's no reason to believe Westbrook won't be any different.

Carin4Narron
07-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Really what do you guys aspect? This front office isn't ready to pull the trigger on anything. The owner hasn't been seen since opening day, he is shaking in his boots knowing that he can't do what said he would do. Didn't he say a couple of years ago if the Reds were in it at the deadline, they would do something to improve the team? The guy's a joke.

For God's Sake, the Yankees got Kearns,Berkman, and Wood for nonthing! They even got Houston and Cleveland to cover most of Berkman's and Wood's pay. Couldn't Walt do that for a decent center fielder or a middle reliever? Apparently Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sabometrics
08-01-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm telling you, the Cardinals trade is going to work out. All of their trades always do, especially when it comes to veteran pitchers. Name one trade where they acquired a veteran pitcher during the season and it backfired? Woody Williams? Darryl Kile? Chuck Finley? Andy Benes?

We always say it'll backfire but it never does. Face it, this is what the Cardinals do. They turn average veteran pitchers into solid contributors and there's no reason to believe Westbrook won't be any different.

And who was the GM behind those trades? :rolleyes:

Relax. We're in very capable hands. According to you at least.

Hondo
08-01-2010, 02:57 AM

Good Point, but was working with a higher Budget.

BringDownMugabe
08-01-2010, 11:57 AM

Last time I checked, WJ wasn't the guy teaching the veteran pitcher a new pitch or redefining his windup and/or a pitch. No, it was TLR and Dave Duncan and they're still there from all accounts.

sivman17
08-01-2010, 11:58 AM
There had to be some way the Reds could have improved the bench. Nix is garbage and I refuse to believe Ty Wiggington would have cost an arm and a leg.

"Bench"-mark in July: Nix, Janish, Cairo, Heisey combined 43 for 118 (.364), 4 HR, 19 RBI

Dale4Saul2Red0
08-01-2010, 03:18 PM
You guys know waivers do exist correct?

RedsFanInBama
08-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Jeff Suppan was a veteran pitcher, too. And he's been decent for the Cardinals.

knoonan991
08-01-2010, 04:30 PM
4-0-1 since the All-Star Break.

Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with this team right now?

BurgervilleBuck
08-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with this team right now?
This winning thing is new to a lot of people and they can't handle it. Others can't just be happy.

markymark69
08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
The Reds keep winning series and the sky keeps falling. Only in Cincinnati.

Kingspoint
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
This is what starting pitching depth gives you. You don't get slumps. You win Series. Only the Yankees, Padres and REDS have had winning months every month this year.

We've lost 3/5th's of our Opening Day Starting rotation (Leake rarely pitches now, Bailey and Harang have been gone for a while). Yet, we are 2nd in the Majors in team ERA since we lost Bailey and Harang (addition by subtraction?....maybe?).

But, Wood, LeCure, Maloney, and now Volquez have kept things rolling along.

We have one of, if not the easiest ballparks, to hit homeruns in. So, naturally our team is built (philosophy by Dusty to go for it, or whatever) to take advantage of that "home field" advantage. As a result, we get shut out too many times, too.

In the end, this combination will get us into the playoffs. Once there, we only need one Starting pitcher to step up and become an ACE for 3 weeks. If we can get that, we'll win the World Series. We have the "clutch" base-hitters in Rolen, Votto and Gomes. Heck, there's no better clutch team in all of baseball as the REDS lead all of Major League Baseball in 2-out RBI's.

Hondo
08-01-2010, 09:43 PM
This is what starting pitching depth gives you. You don't get slumps. You win Series. Only the Yankees, Padres and REDS have had winning months every month this year.

We've lost 3/5th's of our Opening Day Starting rotation (Leake rarely pitches now, Bailey and Harang have been gone for a while). Yet, we are 2nd in the Majors in team ERA since we lost Bailey and Harang (addition by subtraction?....maybe?).

But, Wood, LeCure, Maloney, and now Volquez have kept things rolling along.

We have one of, if not the easiest ballparks, to hit homeruns in. So, naturally our team is built (philosophy by Dusty to go for it, or whatever) to take advantage of that "home field" advantage. As a result, we get shut out too many times, too.

In the end, this combination will get us into the playoffs. Once there, we only need one Starting pitcher to step up and become an ACE for 3 weeks. If we can get that, we'll win the World Series. We have the "clutch" base-hitters in Rolen, Votto and Gomes. Heck, there's no better clutch team in all of baseball as the REDS lead all of Major League Baseball in 2-out RBI's.

I bet ya this team makes some waiver deals...

Kingspoint
08-02-2010, 03:28 AM
I bet ya this team makes some waiver deals...

I agree. I think Walt isn't done.