PDA

View Full Version : Ballpark in Arlington

arkimadee
08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm going to be in the Dallas area at the end of this month and thought about catching a Rangers game.. Has anyone ever been to this ballpark? Any specific place that I should sit or do while I'm there???

RedsFanInBama
08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Don't lean over the rail to try and catch a foul ball.

thorn
08-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I was there a couple of years after it opened. Parking is a good distance from the park, so ride a bus or taxi if you can. I sat behind 3rd base further up in the shade. In Texas, you need the shade. BTW, one of the most enjoyable parks I have ever visited, an absolute beautiful park. It's going to be hot even in the shade so be prepared.

arkimadee
08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I was there a couple of years after it opened. Parking is a good distance from the park, so ride a bus or taxi if you can. I sat behind 3rd base further up in the shade. In Texas, you need the shade. BTW, one of the most enjoyable parks I have ever visited, an absolute beautiful park. It's going to be hot even in the shade so be prepared.
wow awesome.. thanks for the info.. yeah i've never been to texas so i reallly don't know what I'm getting into with this heat thing.. should be interesting..

Hey Meat
08-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I plan on going when we play the Rangers in the World Series this October. Been there before, sat in right field, day game, still enjoyed it, but I'm used to the Texas heat. He's right about parking. I have my sister in law who lives in Mansfield(TX) drop me off when we go.

Texas Pete
08-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I went to a game earlier this year.

It was very cool. It was one of the coolest baseball stadiums that I has ever visited.

They have parking right across the street from the stadium for I think $5 (I think it was that much--5 minute walk from stadium).

sabometrics
08-02-2010, 08:50 PM
My dad was going down there for a conference the last few days, said he'd catch a game, I wish I could join him. Enjoy the game man.