PDA

View Full Version : Springer+Chapman+Dickerson = playoffs

UPRedsFan
08-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Get them all up Walt and print tickets for October.

Dickerson adds sorely needed offense to the outfield
Springer adds veteran stability in the pen. Chapman adds fire power to rest Rhodes.

This is why Walt didn't need to panic and make a trade we would regret next year.

Send Fisher, Bray and Stubbs or Heisey down. Stubbs/Heisey can come back and help in Sept.

bleedsred
08-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't see Heisey going down, he has proven to be great coming off the bench. I know I'll get slammed for this, but what about sending Leake down then recalling him for September. The only reason I say this is have the Reds made a decision with how many innings he has left? Now if they think he will be available in Oct, then forget this idea.

redsfan_12
08-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Why would you send Heisey down? He has proved that he can come off the bench and provide clutch hits

mattfeet
08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Get them all up Walt and print tickets for October.

Dickerson adds sorely needed offense to the outfield
Springer adds veteran stability in the pen. Chapman adds fire power to rest Rhodes.

This is why Walt didn't need to panic and make a trade we would regret next year.

Send Fisher, Bray and Stubbs or Heisey down. Stubbs/Heisey can come back and help in Sept.

Fisher, Bray, and Stubbs go down, IMO. Heisey, while not *quite* as fast as Stubbs, is still a great Outfielder. Im torn about sending Fisher down, as he's been very solid as of late. Id love to see Chapman/Springer up at MLB, but at the same time, Im not sure I can make sense of deconstructing a bullpen which has been on FIRE lately.

-Matt

redsfan_12
08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Fisher, Bray, and Stubbs go down, IMO. Heisey, while not *quite* as fast as Stubbs, is still a great Outfielder. Im torn about sending Fisher down, as he's been very solid as of late. Id love to see Chapman/Springer up at MLB, but at the same time, Im not sure I can make sense of deconstructing a bullpen which has been on FIRE lately.

-Matt

I think its tough luck for Fisher. Theres really no one else in the bullpen to send down at this point. I agree its tough to send him down because hes been good since he came up for Owings but...

UPRedsFan
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree it's Stubbs that should go down not Heisey.

The value of Stubbs is that he's your late inning defense, move Dickerson to left and take Gomes' glove out of the 8th or 9th innings.

But Heisey should stay. I would have said send Nix or Stubbs down, but Dusty won't do that. He values Nix as a veteran lefty off the bench. Heck maybe they'll keep them all and send Janish down to give him some at bats but tell him to stay by the phone in case someone gets injured.

GIDP
08-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Gomes should be the one that goes if hes going to be continued to be started.

flash
08-02-2010, 02:31 PM
One of the problems is Dickerson is under contract, but he isn't on the 40 man roster. Check it out on the website.

brm7675
08-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Knowing Dusty, the will send Heisey down as he has options and is young.

UPRedsFan
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I guess another option is they could send Wood down after he pitches and buy 4 or 5 days without having to lose Bray or Fisher when Chapman and Springer come up. That just delays the decision though.

sabometrics
08-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I think the current package can get us there already, but if those guys perform like they have lately in AAA it certainly can't hurt.

Hondo
08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
You Dickerson Man Crush Lovers had the same fascintation with Jeff Keppinger.

Makes me laugh. HA HA HA

BLEEDS
08-02-2010, 11:42 PM

Makes me laugh. HA HA HA

DING DING!

Reminds me of the guys who say how great the Backup QB looked in pre-season. Nevermind that those guys he played against now drive UPS trucks when the regular season starts...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

berryluther
08-03-2010, 10:12 AM

Makes me laugh. HA HA HA

LOL I agree.

IMHO Dickerson is nothing more that a AAAA player. Granted Stubbs/Bruce is getting old. This team can't win a division with both of them continuing to play like they are, but I think the answer is Stubbs down to AAA for a few weeks and put Heisey in the starting 9.

DocRed
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
What about Isringhausen? Think he will get a call up as well?

DocRed
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM

Makes me laugh. HA HA HA

Well....Keppinger is playing pretty well these days.