PDA

View Full Version : Reds ticket service fees?

roby
08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I was just looking at ordering tickets for the Cardinals game next week on reds.com, and was wondering if there is a way to order tickets from them without all the service fees? I know when you get them at the stadium its just face value, can you have them keep them for you at will call and not have to pay the extra $20?

Thanks..

arkimadee
08-02-2010, 02:13 PM
i haven't figured out a way yet.. ebay is a good way to get a good honest price on a ticket.. sometimes you can get a discount when you buy 2... stub hub is the same way

davereds24
08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
at the stadium is the only way. Even the Reds kiosks they have here in town charge the fees.

couch_manager
08-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Buying tickets through reds.com is a complete ripoff. It's no wonder they have attendance problems. I'd go to more games if I could purchase them there without all the convenience fees/city taxes that add 40-50% to the price. I just hate going to the stadium without tickets in hand.

davereds24
08-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Every single professional sports team is the same way. They have to pay someone to provide the service (tickets.com, ticketmaster). Not saying it's a fair price but it's not the reason they have attendance problems, it was all the losing.

muddie
08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm in North Carolina and am looking at seeing the Lynchburg club play in Kinston this weekend. The cost of a box seat right behind the Hillcats dugout is $6. The conveinience fee alone for most all MLB tickets exceeds this. Give me MiLB any day.

mroby85
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys, Just thought I'd check and see if there was any other way. I shouldve picked them up at the game Friday night, living 2 hours away I doubt i'll get to cincinnati between now and the St. Louis series. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a way to get them without the extra fees. I used to use ebay a lot because of knocking that part out, but tickets seem limited on there lately, and stubhub is usually about $10 in fees as well.

gilpdawg
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Season ticket holders have a private phone line so they can get tickets without fees. :)

mroby85
08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Season ticket holders have a private phone line so they can get tickets without fees. :)

Thats pretty nice, I had the Bakers dozen package the last couple years, but 2 hours is a long drive after they fall out of the race. Plus it's nice to be able to hand pick which games you want to go to, if you can't go ahead and get the 81 game package. The 1 year I don't get playoff dibs they're probably going to make it, but I definitely won't complain, lol.

gedred69
08-02-2010, 11:51 PM

Not to mention, for big sale games like the Braves series, I put my son in the 5th row of the Sun Deck Friday night, buying them on Thursday, when every other avenue said Outer View only!) He made the highlight reel on Heisey's great catch):D:D. No fees, no scalper mark-up....

gilpdawg
08-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Thats pretty nice, I had the Bakers dozen package the last couple years, but 2 hours is a long drive after they fall out of the race. Plus it's nice to be able to hand pick which games you want to go to, if you can't go ahead and get the 81 game package. The 1 year I don't get playoff dibs they're probably going to make it, but I definitely won't complain, lol.
Yeah Baker's Dozen is what I have too. And I have a 2 hr drive as well, but even if the team isn't doing so well, it's still fun to go to a baseball game. I'm like 7-1 this year though. I'm going to try and get the night off and go to the second game of the Cardinals series, so chalk one up! (hopefully)

couch_manager
08-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Every single professional sports team is the same way. They have to pay someone to provide the service (tickets.com, ticketmaster). Not saying it's a fair price but it's not the reason they have attendance problems, it was all the losing.

Losing in the past is a big reason. But the fees and the taxes at reds.com are part of the reason. What really gets me is the city fees. You have to pay them online, but not at the ballpark...makes no sense. I know I'm not the only one that doesn't go to more games because of this.