PDA

View Full Version : Which team scares you the most?

brm7675
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
With about 2 months to go, the Reds are leading the central, but are actually a game behind in the WC should it come to that. So when you watch the score board, which teams do you feel scares you the most? Can the Cards pass the Reds and take the division? Can the Giants and or Padres capture the Wild card? What about Philly, with their big bats on the DL are they done? Which teams scare you?

bigredmechanism
08-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Cards. Has to be. If we beat them out, all those other questions go away. If they beat us out, as you point out, a lot of questions are raised re: wildcard.

I definitely don't want to see them get Mike Lowell, also.

I would guess that Philly is done, but stranger things have happened.

redsfan_12
08-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Phillies. They have been there the last two years, and I dont think they will go down without a fight.

sivman17
08-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Cards.

texasdave
08-04-2010, 05:10 PM
The Yankees.

bgwilly31
08-04-2010, 05:16 PM
None of them scare me.

The one im worried about the most right now is of course the cardinals.

I was very glad to hear freese is out of the season. neener:

RedsFanInBama
08-04-2010, 05:52 PM
The Reds.

lidspinner
08-04-2010, 05:58 PM
The Reds.

a Dusty Baker led Reds team. If that dont scare all Reds fans then you must shave with a butter knife and eat raw meat...

Dale4Saul2Red0
08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
None of the teams in the NL. They are all beatable which means when we make the playoffs we'll have just as good of a shot going to the WS as anyone.

10xWSChamps
08-04-2010, 11:15 PM
None of the teams in the NL. They are all beatable which means when we make the playoffs we'll have just as good of a shot going to the WS as anyone.

That's true, but you could say that about the Reds as well.

The Cardinals and Reds have to worry about each other because they still have a few series against each other. It would be stupid to worry about the wild card at this point, you have to go after the division title.

You have to remember that home field advantage is also priceless in baseball. If the Reds or Cardinals go to the World Series we will be glad the NL won the all star game, I can tell you that.

New York Red
08-05-2010, 12:07 AM
1. Phillies
2. Cardinals
3. Padres/Dodgers/Giants

scott91575
08-05-2010, 12:38 AM
I am surprised more people are not picking the Giants. They are on a roll, have a tremendous pitching staff, and will be really, really tough in the playoffs.

1990REDS
08-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Cardinals. They most directly affect us making the playoffs. We do better than them and were in.

code
08-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Giants.

bounty37h
08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
With about 2 months to go, the Reds are leading the central, but are actually a game behind in the WC should it come to that. So when you watch the score board, which teams do you feel scares you the most? Can the Cards pass the Reds and take the division? Can the Giants and or Padres capture the Wild card? What about Philly, with their big bats on the DL are they done? Which teams scare you?

The Reds. We control our own destiny at this point, we either win it or we dont. I guess the Cards should be my answer, I dont just want the wild card, I want the division. I havent started looking at wild card teams and following them just yet, only keeping my eye on us and the birds right now.

Griffey012
08-05-2010, 10:22 AM
The Phils flat out scare the crap out of me. I would much prefer to see the Giants or Cardinals take the Wild Card if we take the division, and the Braves take the NL East.

In a series against the Braves, Giants, or Padres I would feel pretty confident. The Cards scare me cause of Wainwright and Carpenter in a series. The Phils will be just flat out filthy when guys get healthy after the Oswalt acquisition.

Magdal
08-05-2010, 10:56 AM
If I HAD to pick a team to fear it would be the Giants for the above stated reasons, but as another poster said it's too soon to know. SF could drop 4 straight games while the Phils win 4. That would make me fear the Phils!

If the Cards had given away Ludwick to SF instead of SD I would really be scared of SF!

redlegs2370
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
The rest of the season it is the Cardinals. Reds still have 6 games against them and the first goal is to win the division. Cardinals have won the Central 7 times since 2000. They are used to playing big games in August and September.

That being said if the Reds are fortunate to get into post season I would not want to face the Giants in a short series. The way the Reds offense has been shut out by good pitching this year, facing Lincecum and Cain would not be something I would get excited about.

swaisuc
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Phillies and Yankees.

I honestly think the Reds have at least as good of a team as the Cardinals and can beat any of the current NL playoff teams. The Phillies already swept 4 games from us and the rotation is even a little better now. I just hope they don't get in.

The Yankees goes without saying. They're stacked and you definitely have the possibility that our guys would crack under that pressure of playing NYY in the WS.

Fullboat
08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
West coast teams worry me the most.Cardinals worry me the least...Their O is
spotty at best and their D would make Swiss cheese envious.

tobttr
08-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Another vote for StL. I honestly think they have more talent than Cincy and a rotation that can dominate a short series.
Beyond that, it's Philly. That 4-game sweep right before the All-Star Break was brutal.

Trace's Daddy
08-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Phillies because of the 4 game sweep. We need for ATL to win the East with the wild card going to SF or StL.

Magdal
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I see that SF lost to Atlanta last nite with Lincecum going. That's 2 str8 losses for them...but the Phils STOLE a game vs. the Marlins, who are clinging to hope for an outside shot at the WC (with the help of the Ump)

Vottomatic
08-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Cards right now because we have to win the division.

Giants once we make the playoffs.