PDA

View Full Version : the moment..

rolenmvp
08-09-2010, 07:36 AM
We have been waiting for is quickly approaching. I am soo excited, this is a huge chance for our reds to take this division over and prove to the so-called experts just how forreal we can be. we have been in this situation before and we haven't really done the job, the cardinals have always got the best of us and have always seem to come away with the big series win but, I feel something diffrent and I feel a change coming in this city and that's winning baseball, it's just there this year..I just feel it.

we have the offense when capable, we have the starting pitching to give us quality starts and we have the bullpen when everything is clicking. I truly believe we come out of this with a sweep, I woke up this morning with a sense of urgency for this upcoming series. I feel something special is about to take place and something huge is going to happen, let's get behind our reds, I know sometimes we have arguments on here and sometimes we have diffrent point of views but tonight is something completely diffrent...tonight is about payback to what the cardinals have done to us over the course of the past few years and it's time to owe them back what they have done to us.

who's behind me?? GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magdal
08-09-2010, 08:17 AM
This game does indeed have a "playoff" atmoshere with still 7 weeks left in the season. This is one game where I won't be channel surfing during the commercials or answering the pnone. I will see every pitch of every game! (I will still MUTE the commercials)

bagz
08-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Whadda BIG series! The Cards will be done when we SWEEEP THEM! This is our season. Their time in first is over. GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Rockermann
08-09-2010, 08:54 AM
...I will see every pitch of every game! (I will still MUTE the commercials)

Commercials? What are those? :) I DVR every game and then start about an hour into it. That way, I can FF through those nasty commercials and end up catching up to 'live' just about at the end of the game.

I must admit, I will have a hard time waiting the extra hour tonight. I'm pretty stoked for this series.

redsrolen
08-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I have felt this entire year, this team is something very special! You just can't buy chemistry. Some people down play it, but it's like catching lightening
in a bottle, that's how hard it is to get, and we have it ! I remember how devestated I was when we lost that Atlanta game, but I said afterward, I was glad it happened then, instead of late in the season. I said to myself,"self, if we have what I think we have, we will grow from this!", and we did! Now we have to go for the brass ring!

GO REDS!!!!!!:redcap:

bornready
08-09-2010, 09:57 AM
im going to the games tomorrow and wednesday. i am pumped!!

Magdal
08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Whadda BIG series! The Cards will be done when we SWEEEP THEM! This is our season. Their time in first is over. GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:DBagz! You gotta ease up on that high-test coffee!

1990REDS
08-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Commercials? What are those? :) I DVR every game and then start about an hour into it. That way, I can FF through those nasty commercials and end up catching up to 'live' just about at the end of the game.

I must admit, I will have a hard time waiting the extra hour tonight. I'm pretty stoked for this series.

LOL that's exactly what I do.

arkimadee
08-09-2010, 11:02 AM
more than likely one of the teams will take 2 of 3 which will only make a one game difference in the standings. . sure it's a big series, but it won't be the end of the world if we have a bad series.. the only way this is going to be a huge series is if we sweep them or get swept.. that will make a 3 game swing either way and could really the difference in the race

CySeymour
08-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Whadda BIG series! The Cards will be done when we SWEEEP THEM! This is our season. Their time in first is over. GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Whoa, whoa, slow down partner.

A sweep would be sweet indeed. But as long as the Reds leave the series with still having a lead, I'll be good.

Red in Atl
08-09-2010, 11:06 AM
LOL that's exactly what I do.

Me too. And I also sometimes perform the sacrilege of only watching the Reds bat, due to time only. Further, I don't think I've seen a Cordero inning yet this year. I just can't stomach it...

bgwilly31
08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Im pumped to watch the series. And i hope we stomp them.......

But....the reds consistently struggle against strong pitching. With carpenter hurling tonight. we better hope this a 2-1 win type game. if the cards put up 3-4 runs early it could easily be in the books.

GIDP
08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Its a big series no doubt but Reds are in great position to be fine even with a complete disappointment.

Tonight is the game to win. If they win tonight they could go from taking 1 or 2 of 3, to possibly sweeping it.

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Just wondering, isn't it a bit too optimistic to hope for a sweep every series that is played? Even going up against bad teams like the Pirates, there is always a good chance that any team will lose one game out of that series.

In a series where the Reds have to face Carpenter, Wainwright, and Garcia its purely optimism to hope for a sweep this series. Carpenter proved that once again tonight.