PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card coming out of the central?

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 03:20 AM
I know I'm not exactly re-inventing the wheel with this analysis but does anyone think the Wild Card will come out of the Central? The Cards and Reds have the easiest schedules in the second half and most of the teams in the other divisions are in a dog fight with each other. That isn't to say the Cards and Reds won't be fighting it out. However, looking at the WC standings St. Louis is currently 1 game back behind San Fransisco. It will continue to be a dog fight in the west with 4 of those teams fighting for playoff positioning. Even if you look at the Rockies and Dodgers, they are only 5 games off of the WC lead. In the East, the Phillies and Braves will be battling it out along with the Mets.

I just feel that the Cards and Reds strength of schedule makes the prime Wild Card winners.

mroby85
08-10-2010, 04:19 AM
Preferably the wild card won't come out of the central because I don't like the Cardinals. :D

swaisuc
08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I think its pretty likely especially if SD crashes back to reality. I know it is August, but I just can't believe that team is going to hold on.

Whichever west team closes well will probably pass them and the Reds/Cards will both stay ahead of Philly.

I don't want the Cardinals in either, but honestly I'm more scared of Philly so I'd rather them be in there if it means holding Philly out.

redsfan_12
08-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I dont think SD will hold on either.

I think it will be ..

E- Phillies
C- Reds/Cards
W- Giants
WC- Reds/ Cards maybe the Braves

BuckWild03
08-10-2010, 12:09 PM
The Reds can play a big part in this conversation as they travel to San Francisco toward the end of this month and have series' in both Colorado and San Diego in September.

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't envy the West Coast trips that the Reds have to go on. They were somewhat brutal for the Cards this year. Besides, you might be asleep by the 5th inning due to the time zone differential.

1990REDS
08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't envy the West Coast trips that the Reds have to go on. They were somewhat brutal for the Cards this year. Besides, you might be asleep by the 5th inning due to the time zone differential.

ya im scared to death of our upcoming west coast trips. To say they havent been kind to us in the past would be an understatement.

Rockermann
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
ya im scared to death of our upcoming west coast trips. To say they havent been kind to us in the past would be an understatement.

If we finish that trip .500 or better, I'm thinking that's a clear sign this year is something special. :D

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
You guys get a couple of west coast trips yet we get the Pirates for 9 more games......

I just don't understand the scheduling this year. Granted, being a Cards fan, I like the imbalance a bit but there is no logical reason why we have faced the Cubs only once until either this month or last month. I just don't understand the logic sometimes in how they schedule some of these matchups.

Vottomatic
08-10-2010, 04:30 PM
I guess they don't teach much spelling in St. Louis growing up.

Comming?

How about coming?

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Sorry for not correctly spelling something at 2 am in the morning. What does this have to do with the subject of the topic? Besides, your diatribe in other threads leave a bit to be desired when it comes to sentence structure and proper English.

OldRed1966
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
You guys get a couple of west coast trips yet we get the Pirates for 9 more games......

I just don't understand the scheduling this year. Granted, being a Cards fan, I like the imbalance a bit but there is no logical reason why we have faced the Cubs only once until either this month or last month. I just don't understand the logic sometimes in how they schedule some of these matchups.

I honestly think that MLB thought the Cards and Cubs would be the top two teams in the NL Central this year, and they expected to have some very meaningful series the last 8 weeks of the season between the two clubs.

Vottomatic
08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Sorry for not correctly spelling something at 2 am in the morning. What does this have to do with the subject of the topic? Besides, your diatribe in other threads leave a bit to be desired when it comes to sentence structure and proper English.

I couldn't understand your topic since you can't spell the pertinent words correctly.

I figured it out eventually. In the future, please use a dictionary or spell check.

We on Redszone have high standards. You're not making the cut right now with this poor spelling.

MVPujols
08-10-2010, 06:53 PM
No.

East-phi
cent-stl
west-sf
wc-atl

MikeThierry
08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I couldn't understand your topic since you can't spell the pertinent words correctly.

I figured it out eventually. In the future, please use a dictionary or spell check.

We on Redszone have high standards. You're not making the cut right now with this poor spelling.

That's fine as long as you promise not to use "and" to start a sentence again. Your nit picking is annoying. I've done nothing to incite you yet you take a run at me for some reason. I know I'm a Cards fan but your hate is illogical.

ThornWithin81
08-10-2010, 08:23 PM
The WC coming out of the Central is very likely. Two good teams and a bunch of teams that are not in playoff shape. The East and West are far more competitive.