PDA

View Full Version : Bailey to Pitch out of the Bullpen

scott91575
08-10-2010, 02:09 PM
for the Louisville Bats tonight so he can go Saturday with the Reds on 3 days rest, per Fay.

Bailey is scheduled to pitch in relief tonight. That would probably allow him to start Friday, Leake's next turn. #reds

BTW....he meant Saturday.

I am willing to bet this was in the plan no matter what Leake did.

texasdave
08-10-2010, 02:15 PM
So he can go Saturday with the Reds 3 days rest, per Fay.

BTW....he meant Saturday.

I am willing to bet this was in the plan no matter what Leake did.

Hopefully, the Homer Bailey that pitched at end of last season shows up.

redsfan_12
08-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm still not sold on Homer. He's so inconsistent. It would be nice if he can throw like he did towards the end of last year

swaisuc
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Not that it was intentional, but you should probably change the title of your thread.

It definitely reads like Bailey is being moved to the bullpen moving forward for the Reds. In fact the story is basically the opposite.

Anyway, glad to have Homer ready considering the struggles of Leake and the demotion of Wood.

scott91575
08-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Not that it was intentional, but you should probably change the title of your thread.

It definitely reads like Bailey is being moved to the bullpen moving forward for the Reds. In fact the story is basically the opposite.

Anyway, glad to have Homer ready considering the struggles of Leake and the demotion of Wood.

If I can change the thread title, it's too late now.

Oh well, it will be a nice M Knight like twist for people. I think some will enjoy it.

What a twist!!

takealeake
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Mike Leake should go in the pen as the long relief guy, that way he can be used sparingly and still be on the team to improve things. He's pitching to his limit this year it seems like.

arkimadee
08-10-2010, 02:30 PM
out of the bullpen for what team?

scott91575
08-10-2010, 02:32 PM
out of the bullpen for what team?

the Bats.

UPRedsFan
08-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Someone should inform Welsh. He just announced on the broadcast that Homer will be brought up to be in the pen and used in long relief because he can't warm up very fast. When I heard that it made no sense to me unless they're planning on getting Harang back in the rotation after one rehab start. Fay's comment illustrates a much better plan in the works.

scott91575
08-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Bailey threw 1 inning tonight (scoreless, 1 BB).

I would have thought they would have used him for more than 1 inning. Oh well, we shall see soon enough the Reds plans for him.

Maker_84
08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
thank god. Leake obviously doesn't have it anymore this season or ppl have just figured him out because let's face it he's not an overly talented pitcher

Jr's Boy
08-11-2010, 12:20 AM

I'm glad this was clarified.All I heard was the Cards announcers(who are atrocious)mention Homer coming to work in the BP.Had me scratching my head.

wojo1025
08-11-2010, 12:33 AM
thank god. Leake obviously doesn't have it anymore this season or ppl have just figured him out because let's face it he's not an overly talented pitcher

True, those college pitchers of the year typically have no talent

redsfan_12
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM

yeah, he was only 1st team all american :confused:

Hondo
08-11-2010, 01:37 AM
I think Bailey could be a great set up man. Give him 1 Inning to just go throw his Mid 90's Fastball and Gas it! It could be hi calling...

Give him a cutter and ya might have Mariano Rivera 2...

Mariano started his career as a starter and didn't fare too well either...

GaiusBallstar
08-11-2010, 02:09 AM
I think Bailey could be a great set up man. Give him 1 Inning to just go throw his Mid 90's Fastball and Gas it! It could be hi calling...

Give him a cutter and ya might have Mariano Rivera 2...

Mariano started his career as a starter and didn't fare too well either...

His excuse for not pitching out of the pen in prior years has been that it takes him to long to get warmed up, so it hasn't really been tried because of that. Whether this is true or not, I have no idea.

Reds
08-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Did anyone else listen to pregame last night? I could have sworn I heard Dusty tell Marty that at this point Leake was scheduled to start again.