PDA

View Full Version : I have seen enough...

rolenmvp
08-10-2010, 10:03 PM
of Johnny gomes. stick laynce nix in there and be done with it. gomes needs to be sent down to triple AAA or something, the guy is not getting it done at the plate and he is suffering mightily in leftfield too with his defense.

I am not trying to rag on the guy, well maybe I am but, when will enough be enough.

Vottomatic
08-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd like to see us spin a deal with the Mets for Beltran and Mets Ca$h for Cordero.......making it almost a wash of a trade, money-wise. Even if Beltran doesn't help us this year because he's still not found his hitting stroke, I think he could definitely help next year. This team needs another big bat.

I've always liked Gomes energy, but the last 2 days, he is mostly responsible for alot of those runs with his poor defense. I think a solid benching should be in the works for Jonny. Sorry JG.

Acquiring an ace pitcher in the offseason is what this team needs. Whether it be Cliff Lee or someone else. We can't continue to battle the Cards without an ace.

Cards fans will laugh at this, but I almost feel like we've beaten ourselves the last 2 days. Of course, I've been laughing at their comments that the Reds have just been lucky. So it goes both ways.

GIDP
08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Laynce Nix isnt good enough of a hitter to play every day in LF. Platoon Gomes and Edmonds or play Heisey/Stubbs/Bruce.

Swapping out 1 bench player for another isnt really going to improve your team.

RedsFanInBama
08-10-2010, 10:33 PM
The decision to let Gomes hit for himself in the 6th inning blew my mind. Would have liked to have seen Edmonds or Bruce at that moment.

texasdave
08-10-2010, 11:06 PM
The decision to let Gomes hit for himself in the 6th inning blew my mind. Would have liked to have seen Edmonds or Bruce at that moment.

I didn't understand that one at all.

Jim Edmonds is off to a rough start as a Red. I thought his failing to throw out Pujols was a big play on Monday. And his getting thrown out on the bases was another huge play tonight.

bagz
08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Gomes defense has hurt us a lot. For a good defensive team as this is he's just not cutting the mustard. I wouldn't want to platoon him at this point. He can fill in off the bench. Heisey/Stubbs/Bruce start with Edmunds as the fill in outfielder.

Griffey012
08-10-2010, 11:12 PM

I could only imagine the backlash if it was Dusty managing that inning...granted we got 2 runs out of it, but I was completely baffled and screaming at my friends television.

Let Gomes hit against a RHP, pinch hit for Heisey, let Stubbs hit against a RHP??

DocRed
08-10-2010, 11:34 PM
I like Gomes alot, love his hustle, clutch hitting, his story...but dang is D is so bad, hard to ignore. His D is on the level of Manram.

redsfan_12
08-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Heisey
Stubbs
Bruce/Edmonds

Is it that hard Dusty???

will5979
08-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Allow me to say it again...where is Adam Dunn when you need him? We deperately need him right now, thanks to all you maggots (including Marty)that drove him away with your anti-Dunn attitudes.

Hillsdale87
08-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I like alot of what Gomes brings. His hustle and leadership are great for this team. However, he has been painful to watch recently. He has always been bad in the field, but he is currently one of our worst hitters, and I don't see him coming out of this slump. I would like to see him go down to AAA. I think that he can for sure still help this team against left handers, but he has been in a long slump. Hopefully he could pound the ball in AAA and come back up for September.

Old NDN
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM
I like Gomes alot, love his hustle, clutch hitting, his story...but dang is D is so bad, hard to ignore. His D is on the level of Manram.

...or Adam Dunn, just a lot cheaper.

Griffey012
08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Heisey
Stubbs
Bruce/Edmonds

Is it that hard Dusty???

Dusty was right to go with all 3 righties against Garcia, nothing wrong with that. We will see what he puts out there today against Wainwright.

fielder's choice
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I'd like to see us spin a deal with the Mets for Beltran and Mets Ca$h for Cordero

:laugh:

redhat
08-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Acquiring an ace pitcher in the offseason is what this team needs. Whether it be Cliff Lee or someone else. We can't continue to battle the Cards without an ace.
With Jocketty as your GM, you might get one. Maybe he can pull another Chris Carpenter out of his hat. There are a lot of Cards fans that were glad to see him leave--but after seeing Mozeliak get rolled by the Padres, now wish he hadn't.

Cards fans will laugh at this, but I almost feel like we've beaten ourselves the last 2 days.
I'm not laughing. I sympathize. All season I've been watching the worst defensive team the Cards have ever put on the field in the nearly 50 years I've been watching them. It's very hard to win when you give up a lot of unearned runs.