PDA

View Full Version : Who else is fully amped up?

knoonan991
08-11-2010, 12:40 AM
After the loss tonight, it felt like a punch to the gut. Not only did we drop the second straight game to the Cards, but the HR given up to Molina seemed like a slap in the face.

But after having time to come to my senses, and remember how much baseball there is still left to be played, I am really proud of the team. It's nice to see a fire is lit under the team, the Reds will simply not tolerate being walked on.

Tomorrow's game is a big one, but it is still only one game. I think this fight will be a spark for an already consistent team to take it to the next level. While the Cubs and Cards are the traditional rivalry of the NL Central, I think this spat will create a natural rivalry, much like that of one in baseball's earliest days. The players simply don't like each other. Perhaps the Reds will finally have a true rival. I know many Reds fans dislike the Cubs, but how can we hate anyone more than the Cards after tonight?

Who else thinks this could be the beginning of a huge rivalry for the Reds in the NL Central?

It's going to be a fun final month and a half of baseball my friends! :thumbup:

10xWSChamps
08-11-2010, 12:48 AM
While I don't think that our 100+ year rivalry with the Cubs will ever be eclipsed, this rivalry is certainly more relevant and a hell of a lot more fun in the current time.

Just like the Astros/Cardinals were in the mid-2000s when we met in the NLCS two years in a row, that was a great rivalry back then

Even including the Cubs, I don't think there's been a non-playoff game I enjoyed more then this one in the past decade. Overall the Cubs win out as a rival but this has been one sweet series and could be a great rivalry in the next few years.

WestSideBomber
08-11-2010, 01:16 AM
I used to have just a mild disliking of the Cards, mainly because they've been so good the last 20 years and I've never really known a winning Reds team. But as of tonight...I HATE THE CARDINALS! Who cares if a player on another team calls you a name? I've been called worse and just shrug it off. You're supposedly major league baseball players! GET OVER IT! If you feel the need to start a physical altercation over being called a name then you need your head examined.

/rant...but I still officially hate the Cardinals.

Magdal
08-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I used to have just a mild disliking of the Cards, mainly because they've been so good the last 20 years and I've never really known a winning Reds team. But as of tonight...I HATE THE CARDINALS! Who cares if a player on another team calls you a name? I've been called worse and just shrug it off. You're supposedly major league baseball players! GET OVER IT! If you feel the need to start a physical altercation over being called a name then you need your head examined.

/rant...but I still officially hate the Cardinals.Naw West. BP blew his mouth off at the urging of Baker. It did'nt work. I give him points for the effort. You may have been called a name in your time but it was'nt reported on Sportcenter, MLB TV and baseball tonite. Molina has, I'm guessing like 3 HR's all year. But the 1st time up he Jacks one vs. Cueto??!!

You don't wake up a sleeping giant, like some have said on this board. You lull them to sleep. I think Baker will learn something from this: Don't wallow in the LaRussa mud. Tony is a pig and thrives there.

MikeThierry
08-11-2010, 07:53 AM
I love this hate between the two teams. Hopefully it becomes a situation like the Cards had in the 80's with the Mets where those teams would fight on a given night and had general disdain for each other.

I don't think it will supplant the hate that the Cubs and Cards experience, but it certainly is a nice start to a good rivalry.

Magdal
08-11-2010, 08:32 AM
I love this hate between the two teams. Hopefully it becomes a situation like the Cards had in the 80's with the Mets where those teams would fight on a given night and had general disdain for each other.

I don't think it will supplant the hate that the Cubs and Cards experience, but it certainly is a nice start to a good rivalry.I am with you there! Altho I don't like how Baker did it, he has initiated a rivalry for sure, and I like that!

The NL Central is a laughing stock, from the Stros down to the Bucs. We get no cred at all from ESPN or MLB TV. There was only 30 seconds on the BP matter on those national outlets. Guess what? They were the lead story on both channels tonite and will be heavily covered today on "around the horn" and PTI.

Sorry Sawx and Yanks and Tiger Woods. For a few days the NL Central get's the ink.