PDA

View Full Version : Chapman up Sept 1st

RedsRoll19
08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Chapman will be up Sept. 1
Posted by jfay August 18th, 2010, 8:14 pm

The Reds had hoped to have Cuban left-hander Aroldis Chapman in majors by now. But they decided to give him more time in Triple-A.

Were going to wait until Sept. 1, Walt Jocketty said. That will give him a chance to stabilize in the bullpen and get more experience. Were trying to find the right time.

Chapman will be eligible for the playoffs.

We have two extra spots because we have two players on the 60-man disabled list, Jocketty said.

Chapman has been very good since moving to relief. Chapman is 3-1 with a 2.77 ERA in relief. Hes struck out 41, walked 12 and allowed 15 hits in 26 innings as a reliever.

Hes throwing great, Jocketty said.

But the tight roster has kept in the minors.

Who do you take off? Dusty Baker said. It would be somebody else who pitched well. Everyone in the bullpen is throwing excellent. . . Thats not a good message to our guys here when you perform well and get sent out. Theyre looking over their shoulder for fear of getting sent out. I want them looking at the prize at the end, not looking behind them.

UPRedsFan
08-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I thought he had to be up before Sept 1 in order to be eligible for the post season?

RedsRoll19
08-18-2010, 09:10 PM
I thought he had to be up before Sept 1 in order to be eligible for the post season?

According to the article he still will be eligible.

zacharync
08-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Things are going to get very interesting in the next couple of weeks.... When do teams need to have their post-season roster set? Sept. 1?

KOBasinger
08-18-2010, 09:48 PM
I hope the article is right regarding Chapman being eligible for the playoffs if he does indeed come up September 1st.

EDIT : Just read Fay's twitter. Nevermind. 60 day DL answer cleared it up.