PDA

View Full Version : Hello Jim Edmonds

arkimadee
08-19-2010, 01:18 AM
It was nice to meet you tonight. You officially became a Cincinnati Red in my book. It was such a rocky relationship the past 8 years but not anymore. I have a feeling you will a huge difference for us in this playoff push. That's one sweet swing you have that has made me cringe in years past.

Yours Truly,

Redleg Nation!!

GIDP
08-19-2010, 01:31 AM
I hate everything about him, I simply imagine that hes someone else when hes at the plate. It switches from night to night, but in the end I know its him and I cry when he does well. :)

arkimadee
08-19-2010, 01:35 AM
i think he's having a positive effect on Jay Bruce. he has played much better with his guidance

couch_manager
08-19-2010, 01:39 AM
i think he's having a positive effect on Jay Bruce. he has played much better with his guidance

+1

I noticed that the two have been talking quite a bit and all of a sudden, Bruce has had much better at bats. As much as I hated Jim Edmonds for being a Reds killer on the Cardinals, I think he's starting to fit right in and I'm glad we got him.

Vottomatic
08-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I never liked him either...........just a rivalry/jealousy thing.............but now that he's a Red..............I LOVE HIM! :D

Girevik
08-19-2010, 08:31 AM
I thought it was pretty ironic that he had his first HR as a Red taken away from him by a catch over the wall on Sunday. After all the times he took one away from the Reds......

improbus
08-19-2010, 08:53 AM
I feel dirty rooting for Rolen and Edmonds. Who's next? Jason Isringhausen....oh wait...Russ Springer....oh...man...Miguel Cairo....yikes.

Girevik
08-19-2010, 09:15 AM
I keep waiting for Walt to bring over Edgar Reinteria.

Griffey012
08-19-2010, 09:23 AM
I hate everything about him, I simply imagine that hes someone else when hes at the plate. It switches from night to night, but in the end I know its him and I cry when he does well. :)

I was the same way, I hated Edmonds as an Angel, as a Card, and as a Cub. But something about this team makes it easy to root for anyone wearing the uniform. Because you know no matter what you think about that person they are going to perform.

SidneySlicker
08-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I always hated Edmunds when he was playing for the Cardinals. Fact was though, the reds sucked big time during those days. Now however the Reds are contending. If he can make a positive contribution to this team, that's all water under the bridge in my book.

krm1580
08-19-2010, 10:46 AM
I have never liked Jim Edmonds. Something about a guy that only seems motivated to play well when the team is winning just does not sit real well with me and frankly I was not expecting much from him when the Reds brought him over.

Well I still don't like him and I still don't expect much out of him but if the only thing he does during his time here is unleash the potential of Jay Bruce, he can hit .150 and will still be a great acquisition.

I said before the season started and maintain it now that Jay Bruce will be the key to this team's success this season. He is the single best talent on this team and if he can reach his potential he can carry this team.

will5979
08-19-2010, 10:50 AM
In the words of Bob Uecker

"Its amazing how a new uniform can change your attitude about a guy. (Covers mic) He's still a dick!"

Personally I love Edmonds now that he a Red. Kinda unfair to call him the premier Reds killer over the past decade when it was in fact the front office. Who cares that he took away a lot of wins from us when we sucked?

redssince75
08-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I have never liked Jim Edmonds.

I've liked him ok on the field, but the thing I didn't like about him when he was here in St. Louis was the same thing I didn't like about Johnny Damon when I lived in KC and he was with the Royals.

They're known (at least locally at the time they play there) as much for their looks & "lady-killer-ness" as they are for their baseball. Since I'm not that kind of guy, it always rubs me the wrong way. (;

BuckWild03
08-19-2010, 11:09 AM
+1

I noticed that the two have been talking quite a bit and all of a sudden, Bruce has had much better at bats. As much as I hated Jim Edmonds for being a Reds killer on the Cardinals, I think he's starting to fit right in and I'm glad we got him.

After Edmonds hit his home run, it looked like he said something to Bruce in the dugout. Bruce proceeded to hit a home run as well. Probably told him to look for a first pitch change up.

likemenow
08-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I keep waiting for Walt to bring over Edgar Reinteria.

5 years ago i would have loved that if there was one cardinal i liked it was him

bagz
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
In the past when he was with the Cards I disliked him based on maybe jealosy or arrogance. Now that he's in the twilight of his career playing for us in a magical season I can appreciate his value. He's a professional who knows how to play the game. Any tips and guidance to Bruce and some of our other young players is a very valuable intangible factor to have.

schmidty622
08-19-2010, 02:09 PM
It would be nice if Edmonds ended up being the spark that lit a fire under Bruce for the rest of the year.