PDA

View Full Version : Matt Maloney is still in the wings

malcontent
08-25-2010, 04:27 AM
waiting to save the season for us.

Will Walt give him the chance?

Both Leake and Volquez look like they should be shut down and Cueto looks like his head is still in the Cardinal fracas. Wood looks to be losing a little velocity and relies too much on his cutter, IMO (still don't know where he's hiding the killer change we've read so much about).

That leaves Arroyo and Bailey and they can't do it alone.

Discuss.

scott91575
08-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Matt Maloney is your savior? Really?

Cueto has had one bad start, and Leake is not even in the rotation anymore.

Vottomatic
08-25-2010, 07:58 AM
It's been a long road trip. Guys are getting tired. When is the next off day?

Girevik
08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm not worried about Cueto, but I have to wonder how many more starts you give Volquez to try and let him right the ship. As much as I'd like to see him work the kinks out, a pennant race isn't the place to do it.

They are off tomorrow (Thursday) for the travel back from the west coast.

Captain13
08-25-2010, 09:03 AM
It's been a long road trip. Guys are getting tired. When is the next off day?

Tomorrow. Hopefully, Bailey gets us a win today. A 6-3 left coast trip is better than most of us hoped for. Early start is an excuse to leave work early and pop-a-top. :beerme:

malcontent
08-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Matt Maloney is your savior? Really?
Yep. Bad tats and all.

Cant Touch This
08-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Ugh. I watched Maloney pitch against the Mudhens in Toledo and he got rocked pretty good. I don't see him as much of an upgrade. Just another arm. Then again, I've never been really that high on Maloney, and see him as a #4 at best. Maybe he'll come into his own and prove me wrong. That would be great.

UPRedsFan
08-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Harang is the savior, not Maloney.

I think Aaron will regain his control in AAA and come back fresh in September and give us 3 or 4 good solid outings. What a story that would be! The veteran anchor of the pitching staff for the last 5 years coming back from injury to lead the young staff one more time before he rides off to some other city.

scott91575
08-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Yep. Bad tats and all.

No offense malcontent, but when they were handing out saviors you must have been out taking a whiz.

malcontent
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
No offense malcontent, but when they were handing out saviors you must have been out taking a whiz.
That could well be, scott91575.

I've been without a clear-cut one since Jimmy Anderson.

Kiss the Baby00
08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Harang is the savior, not Maloney.

I think Aaron will regain his control in AAA and come back fresh in September and give us 3 or 4 good solid outings. What a story that would be! The veteran anchor of the pitching staff for the last 5 years coming back from injury to lead the young staff one more time before he rides off to some other city.

no chance. what has harang done this year to give you any indication he would magically be his 2006 form? in his last two AAA rehab outings he has an era of 9 or something ridiculous.

leake should be shut down for the year. its very apparent that whatever "it" is, he no longer posses "it"

i think that as long as volquez is healthy we run him out there every 5 days.

down the stretch rotation of

Arroyo
Bailey
Cueto
Wood
Volq

skip wood or volquez once or twice as off days allow.