PDA

View Full Version : do we win division??

rolenmvp
08-27-2010, 01:38 AM
35 games to play. Reds up 4 games, it's been a fun year. give me your reasons why we win division, not trying to jinx, just wondering what some of the fans out there think. I like hearing people's perspective's. GO Reds!!! beat cubs..:thumbup:

DaytonFlyer
08-27-2010, 08:05 AM
We have the easier September schedule. I think aside from the Cards, we have to go to Colorado and San Diego, but other than that have a decent schedule.

The Cards have to play their big rival, the Cubs 6 more times (as do we, but as we've seen the Cubs don't quite get up to play us as they do St. Louis)... they have to go to Atlanta for 4 games, and they play Colorado and San Diego at home.

We have more road games, but they have more difficult teams to play. And as we've seen this year, we play pretty much as well on the road as we do at home. They definitely do not.

KOBasinger
08-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Because we're better than them and we know it

Jack Burton
08-27-2010, 10:47 AM
At this point it's ours to lose, I think we get it done. Have to worry a little about our matchups in the playoffs but just to make it would be great considering the outlook at the beginning of the season.

New York Red
08-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Because we're better than them and we know it
That's my opinion also. It's pretty simple really. The Reds are the better team, the hotter team, and the hungrier team. Just look at the two teams' records overall, their records since the break, their records since the STL sweep at GAB (which was obviously a fluke), etc. Anyway you look at it, the Reds are the better team. That's why they'll win the division.

Trace's Daddy
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
The Reds need to build a larger lead to the point where IF the Cards sweep again, we still have a decent lead in the division standings. Hopefully the Reds improve to 6 games ahead before heading to St. Louis.

Trace's Daddy
08-27-2010, 12:51 PM
That's my opinion also. It's pretty simple really. The Reds are the better team, the hotter team, and the hungrier team. Just look at the two teams' records overall, their records since the break, their records since the STL sweep at GAB (which was obviously a fluke), etc. Anyway you look at it, the Reds are the better team. That's why they'll win the division.

I don't think it's a fluke to lose against those pitchers.

redsfan_12
08-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I just want to win one game in StL. If we do that, we win the division.

knoonan991
08-27-2010, 12:55 PM
I think the Cardinals will start to wear down in September.

Their last off day of the whole season is the day before they play the Reds. With the work load that Holiday and Molina have had, I don't think the Cards will be able to sustain success if either of these players are worn down or not in the lineup.

This also doesn't afford them the luxury to skip Lohse or Westbrook.

Red Forman
08-27-2010, 01:12 PM
YES!!!!

ThornWithin81
08-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Absolutely, I think we win the Central. We're the better team, we're in better position and we've just made it through the roughest part of our remaining schedule.

The Cardinals have lost three straight games to teams in last place.

Our division to win or lose.

GIDP
08-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Reds finish the year going 19-16 the cardinals would have to finish going 25-12.