PDA

View Full Version : La Russa, Pujols, Palin and Beck

zacharync
08-27-2010, 07:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5504656

Go figure. I have never been a fan of La Russa and I am once again reminded why.

I feel bad for Pujols for having to spend a single second with these 3 nuts.

Defacto
08-27-2010, 07:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5504656

Go figure. I have never been a fan of La Russa and I am once again reminded why.

I feel bad for Pujols for having to spend a single second with these 3 nuts.

Not happy about it, but LaRussa said he would do it as long as it doesn't involve politics.:rolleyes:

LeDoux
08-27-2010, 07:20 PM
methinks this is peanut gallery material. Just a guess.

zacharync
08-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Mods, feel free to delete. Perhaps a better conversation for the peanut gallery. Thanks.

arkimadee
08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
the less they focus on their team the better for us!

08-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't want to step on the mod's toes, but I think it's possible to discuss this without getting into personal politics. That probably won't happen, but this topic seems fine to me to discuss as long as people leave their own political views out of it.

For example, one can point out that La Russa must either a moron or a liar if he thinks that this rally is non-political. Not only is it not non-political, it's easily one of the most polarizing political events in the country this year.

Glenn Beck may have had the greatest intentions in starting this rally and of keeping this a non-political event. But anyone reading a newspaper or watching the news knows that it has become a polarizing event, no matter it's intentions.

All La Russa has to say is that he thought it would be just a rally to support values he believes in, but now it has morphed into something else and it would be in the interests of all involved if he sat it out.

If he goes, I can only assume he is either a moron or a liar.

FlightRick
08-27-2010, 10:01 PM
For example, one can point out that La Russa must either a moron or a liar if he thinks that this rally is non-political. Not only is it not non-political, it's easily one of the most polarizing political events in the country this year.

Ahh, but see: by pointing that out, you imply that Glenn Beck and all his dipwitted followers who are amassing in Washington for WrongFest 2010 are either morons and liars for beliving Beck's repeated statement that this is a "non-political" event (which is just about as valid as any other statement he's ever made).

And while this is true, it is not acceptable for people to point out here on a G-rated, let's-not-hurt-anyone's-feelings-even-if-they-are-demonstrably-wrong family fun zone like this. Much to my chagrin.

[/thread]

10xWSChamps
08-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Is this a baseball forum? I think you're nitpicking a bit if THIS makes you hate LaRussa

FlightRick
08-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Is this a baseball forum? I think you're nitpicking a bit if THIS makes you hate LaRussa

I generally don't develop bad feelings towards somebody who is simply good at his job. Which, sadly, LaRussa usually is. Except for 1990, he's been good at his job, and made sure I knew full well about it.

I will start to develop bad feelings -- in a kind of good-spirited "I hate you," pro-wrestling sort of way -- if this somebody is good at his job working for somebody who opposes MY organization and in my division/league/conference/etc.

My bad feelings will truly flower only after I start to develop an understanding of what type of person we are dealing with when he's NOT doing his job, and is just -- you know? -- being himself.

I won't supply a laundry list of LaRussa's personal traits, because I think the previous poster summarized it best: if Tony LaRussa says he's attending this thing because he believes it is a harmess "non-political" event, then he is either a moron or a liar.

Also, because it amuses me and pertains to morons, Tea Bag festivals thrown by Glenn Beck, AND baseball, I hereby submit this Bonus Material:

http://www.spitefulcritic.com/images/stories/flexicontent/m_morans.jpg

Source for this image is a collection of the 20 best signs seen at previous Tea Party Gatherings (and you wonder why ol' Glenn Beck has requested his followers NOT bring signs tomorrow? here's your answer), which is located here: http://www.spitefulcritic.com/home/20-favorite-tea-party-signs.

[/thread?]

BAKER12
08-28-2010, 12:19 AM

This does involve LaRussa and perhaps to some extent the Reds. I had a business trip today to Columbia, Missouri (heart of Cardinals country) and there seems to be more than a bit of speculation (perhaps only offering Dusty a one year deal explains that) that LaRussa could indeed be the Reds next manager.

This confuses me, I thought Jocketty and LaRussa had a less than chummy relationship after Walt was fired. Or is that just media speculation?

With all the yapping back n forth between Brandon and Molina, Crapeneter, etc....I would think LaRussa would be a tough sell to many diehards.

As for Palin, she is not hot in person, looks more like a hockey player than hockey mom.

Swampturkey
08-28-2010, 12:22 AM
This confuses me, I thought Jocketty and LaRussa had a less than chummy relationship after Walt was fired. Or is that just media speculation?

Actually, they were very good friends when both were with the Cardinals, and remain very good friends to this day. LaRussa, Jocketty, and Duncan had been together for so many years. They're like a family.

BUTLER REDSFAN
08-28-2010, 12:35 AM
I generally don't develop bad feelings towards somebody who is simply good at his job. Which, sadly, LaRussa usually is. Except for 1990, he's been good at his job, and made sure I knew full well about it.

I will start to develop bad feelings -- in a kind of good-spirited "I hate you," pro-wrestling sort of way -- if this somebody is good at his job working for somebody who opposes MY organization and in my division/league/conference/etc.

My bad feelings will truly flower only after I start to develop an understanding of what type of person we are dealing with when he's NOT doing his job, and is just -- you know? -- being himself.

I won't supply a laundry list of LaRussa's personal traits, because I think the previous poster summarized it best: if Tony LaRussa says he's attending this thing because he believes it is a harmess "non-political" event, then he is either a moron or a liar.

Also, because it amuses me and pertains to morons, Tea Bag festivals thrown by Glenn Beck, AND baseball, I hereby submit this Bonus Material:

http://www.spitefulcritic.com/images/stories/flexicontent/m_morans.jpg

Source for this image is a collection of the 20 best signs seen at previous Tea Party Gatherings (and you wonder why ol' Glenn Beck has requested his followers NOT bring signs tomorrow? here's your answer), which is located here: http://www.spitefulcritic.com/home/20-favorite-tea-party-signs.

[/thread?]

I guess if Larussa went to Sharptons event there would be no issues?

GIDP
08-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Guys this thread is very against site rules. I reported it, I'd just suggest you quit posting and save yourselves bans.

BUTLER REDSFAN
08-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Guys this thread is very against site rules. I reported it, I'd just suggest you quit posting and save yourselves bans.

I'm glad someone did. It just seems like everytime someone starts a thread on here that is politcal in nature knowing full well it should go to the Peanut Gallery as long as it is anti-conservative it is left on here for awhile before it is deleted. Real simple people, if you dont like the tv host named dont watch the show.

zacharync
08-28-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm glad someone did. It just seems like everytime someone starts a thread on here that is politcal in nature knowing full well it should go to the Peanut Gallery as long as it is anti-conservative it is left on here for awhile before it is deleted. Real simple people, if you dont like the tv host named dont watch the show.

Relax buddy. I asked for it to be deleted. I wasn't even aware of the peanut gallery.

Get your rest for the rally tomorrow.

GIDP
08-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Some times a post is made, people respond to it and completely ignore the quoted post they just replied to.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/bigugh.gif

zacharync
08-28-2010, 01:17 AM
What are you talking about GIDP?

FlightRick
08-28-2010, 01:49 AM
GIDP is talking about BUTLER REDSFAN's post in which he displayed an epic case of rectal/cranial inversion.... but shhhh, don't talk about it: that's a sure fire way to get this thread shut down.

It is, right? And I've just talked about it. Whoops. I'd apologize, but I've only tried twice before to type something that would at least end this thread on an humourous and non-partisan note, but apparently I have failed, and thus: the hate lingers and grows with each passing post....

Rick

Heath
08-28-2010, 10:28 AM
OK - take this thread to the Peanut Gallery where it belongs.