PDA

View Full Version : C Trent: Wainwright vows to never lose again!!!

Red Forman
09-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Per CBSSports.....

This dude is pathetic.....

LMAO!!!!:eek::lol:

Wainwright vows not to lose again

Adam Wainwright is talking tough: "I won't lose again," the Cardinals' pitcher told reporters after Saturday's loss to the Reds, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch .

The thing is, does it really matter? That's like Lindsay Lohan saying she's done drinking, Michael Jackson is done with plastic surgery, Eliot Spitzer is done with prostitutes or Mark McGwire will stop with the steroids -- the damage is already done.

Wainwright dropped his fourth straight decision on Saturday, this one at the hands of the National League Central-leading Reds. It gave the Reds an eight-game lead in the division and dropped the Cardinals to 6 1/2 games behind the Phillies in the wild card race with 29 games remaining.

Let's say best-case scenario Wainwright doesn't lose another game, that's what, at best six starts? Is that really going to make a difference for a Cardinals team that has lost 14 of 20 games since sweeping the Reds in Cincinnati last month? Probably not.

So, you know, go win the rest of your games and you may win the Cy Young, but it's not going to matter for the Cardinals because pitching hasn't exactly been their problem.

The Cardinals have 24 hits in their past five games and have scored eight runs total in Wainwright's last four starts. Maybe it's not his pitching that's the problem, Wainwright's batting .181/.253/.236 -- below his career marks of .228/.261/.339 while allowing more home runs to pitchers (one to Travis Wood on Saturday) than hitting them himself (none, despite hitting two last season).

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/24347420

Brisco
09-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow... at first I wanted to say that you want to appreciate his fire... but then I realized that this was not a fire about team achievement, but about individual achievement.

A SP can seldom claim to win a game all by themselves... In face, a "W" or a "L" is probably one of the least useful stats to evaluate an individual's performance. An SP can pitch horribly, but because hsi offense spotted him a 10 run lead, he can still get a "W". SPs have received a loss before despite pitching a no hitter.

I dunno... but it sure reads to me like this pitcher is suddenly focued more on his own performance than his teams. That is gonna cause issues, 'cause a cynic is sure to allege that Wainwright is more interested in the Cy Young than the playoffs.

Krawhitham
09-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Rasmus requests trade

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_8502a8c6-b919-11df-94e8-0017a4a78c22.html

Kingspoint
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
:D

Swampturkey
09-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow... at first I wanted to say that you want to appreciate his fire... but then I realized that this was not a fire about team achievement, but about individual achievement.

A SP can seldom claim to win a game all by themselves... In face, a "W" or a "L" is probably one of the least useful stats to evaluate an individual's performance. An SP can pitch horribly, but because hsi offense spotted him a 10 run lead, he can still get a "W". SPs have received a loss before despite pitching a no hitter.

I dunno... but it sure reads to me like this pitcher is suddenly focued more on his own performance than his teams. That is gonna cause issues, 'cause a cynic is sure to allege that Wainwright is more interested in the Cy Young than the playoffs.

Wainwright is anything but focused on himself. He is the best example I could ever give you (besides Pujols) of a great teammate. It's hard to gauge that from one quote or one article, but it's the truth. After his last start in which he lost, he talked about how he is supposed to be a stopper and when he doesn't go out there and win, he let's his team down. He is furious at himself for losing, yet, but not because of his own personal record, but because when he loses, he knows he is not helping the team.

Wainwright is a class act. Team has ALWAYS come first with him.

DocRed
09-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Dumbest comment an athlete can make...so what happens if he loses again? Will he give back his salary? I don't think so. What is it with Cardinals pitchers and God complexes?

Vottomatic
09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Wainwright is anything but focused on himself. He is the best example I could ever give you (besides Pujols) of a great teammate. It's hard to gauge that from one quote or one article, but it's the truth. After his last start in which he lost, he talked about how he is supposed to be a stopper and when he doesn't go out there and win, he let's his team down. He is furious at himself for losing, yet, but not because of his own personal record, but because when he loses, he knows he is not helping the team.

Wainwright is a class act. Team has ALWAYS come first with him.

Being around the rest of those arrogant, whiny Cardinal players can turn a team-first player into one of them quickly.

Bad character corrupts good character nearly every time. That's what is going on with the Cardinal organization. And TLR is the leader.

No wonder Rasmus wants out. He's probably the lone good guy on the roster and wants to keep from being corrupted.

Swampturkey
09-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Opposing players and fans may see our players in one light, but the pitchers are all great friends and the position players, except for Rasmus who has had trouble fitting in from the beginning (his problem, not everyone elses) are all friends as well. No one is corupting Wainwright. He can think for himself.

What I don't get is why every single time a Cardinals player does or says something, you all post it here. I don't understand why you care so much. Your team is closing in on their first ever central division championship. What does it matter to you what is going on in St. Louis?

Vottomatic
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Opposing players and fans may see our players in one light, but the pitchers are all great friends and the position players, except for Rasmus who has had trouble fitting in from the beginning (his problem, not everyone elses) are all friends as well. No one is corupting Wainwright. He can think for himself.

What I don't get is why every single time a Cardinals player does or says something, you all post it here. I don't understand why you care so much. Your team is closing in on their first ever central division championship. What does it matter to you what is going on in St. Louis?

Your post might be the most hypocritical post I've ever read on a message board. I'll have to add it to my signature.

What does it matter to you (us) what is going on in St. Louis? Uh...........last time I checked, this is a Reds message board, and you're the opposing fan checking out what we have to say about our own and our competitors. Last time I checked, we were in a pennant race in our division against..........wait for it...........ST. LOUIS. That might be why we care.

Good luck this year in second grade.

mlh1981
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Going undefeated for the rest of his career would be a pretty nifty accomplishment.

RedsLvr
09-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Maybe he plans on retiring after the season. Haha just kidding, one could only dream.

lidspinner
09-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I have a feeling this thread is going to get bumped a ton in the future......and swampturkey, I am not saying your wrong.....but how do you know that Rasmus is not the good guy in the group? How do you know the pitchers dont hate each other? For all we know the pitchers have tea and crumpets every day but I cant say cause I am not on the staff nor am I a direct employee of the Cards.......

my personal opinion on the Colby V TLR battle is this....they are both at fault....Colby has his ways and is still a little immature, but TLR is a ego centric maniac who is driven by people kissing his rear end so when Colby dont wet his lips, TLR gets mad......they both need to give in and change in the name of Cardinals Baseball......lets see how this one plays out.

MikeThierry
09-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Well, both Colby and TLR are to blame in this but Colby just needs to grow up. A lot of the angst this year started because Colby wanted his dad to be more of an influence when it comes to batting rather than the Cardinals coaching staff. Whether you think McGwire is an effective hitting coach or not isn't relevant in this debate. When players are on a baseball team, the coaching staff shouldn't be undermined by an overbearing parent.

As far as the Wainwright comment, yeah maybe it wasn't the smartest thing in the world to say but reading the original article, it was more said out of frustration. Waino is still one of the good teammates on the team and what he said was totally uncharacteristic of Wainwright's personality.

gilpdawg
09-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Your team is closing in on their first ever central division championship.
Uh, no. Forget about 1995? I guess you could count 1994 as well.

MikeThierry
09-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Well Waino is 1-0 since making that statement. Lets see what happens another 5 days from now.

Krawhitham
09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Well Waino is 1-0 since making that statement. Lets see what happens another 5 days from now.

Nothing good for Waino

down 5 in the 4th

texasdave
09-14-2010, 11:52 PM
...until the next time.

justincredible
09-14-2010, 11:56 PM
"I won't lose again," the Cardinals' pitcher told reporters after Saturday's loss to the Reds, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Sumplais/durrrr.jpg

mlh1981
09-15-2010, 12:01 AM
YouTube - The Price is Right losing horn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A)

swaisuc
09-15-2010, 08:24 AM
You should lose your rights to talk for a year if you run your mouth like this and follow up by losing to the Cubs at home.

The Cardinals just put too many of their eggs in the Carpenter/Wainwright basket this year. They still have good stats, but the minute they started pitching average in games they needed to win, the Cards were sunk.

DocRed
09-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Typical Cardinals arrogance....

liminal
09-15-2010, 09:36 AM
It was kind of nice--the guys on Baseball Tonight were actually making fun of Wainwright a little.

It was good to see them not bowing down at the Cardinal alter for once.