09-15-2010, 10:40 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/MattWheeler6/BruceCatch.jpg

Awesome!!!!!

Cant Touch This
09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Bruce earned that save.

mlh1981
09-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Thom Brenneman had a very interesting reaction.

I think it took him a moment to process what had just happened. :D

Road Pop
09-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Poetry in motion. Saved Cordero's butt. Don't know if that's a good thing. :beerme:

Vottomatic
09-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Cordero escapes again. Gee, what's new. :rolleyes:

texasdave
09-16-2010, 12:23 AM
I wanna hear all the Cordero-ites come on and say he got the save and that is all that matters. If Dusty runs him out there again, Dusty is a fool. So what else is new?

texasdave
09-16-2010, 12:26 AM
That wasn't his kid that hit that. It was a major league ballplayers. Unfortunately, CoCo, that is all your gonna be facing.

texasdave
09-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Didn't Heisey reach over the fence once and rob someone of a homer and save Cordero's butt?

gedred69
09-16-2010, 12:34 AM
I was there, couldn't believe what I saw. 1st off, I didn't think the ball was hit that well. It's not the 1st time this year Bruce has done just that. With his lethal arm and plays like this, how can he not be a Gold Glove? With the Dodgers/Giants game going on ESPN, they are already talking about how we will see it on the Web Gems segment later on Baseball Tonight..

texasdave
09-16-2010, 12:35 AM
“Maybe this will change his fortune,” Baker said. “That’s how we got to look at it.”

Yep, CoCo will be out there in the next save situation. The joke's on us.

Natty Redlocks
09-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Weren't Cordero and Rhodes the only guys pitching well out of the bullpen for, like, most of the first half? Cordero is 35 years old, they went to him way too much, and there was no shortage of people around here saying it was going to come back to bite them later. So why is everybody acting so surprised and irritated about it now?

RedsFanInBama
09-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Yep, CoCo will be out there in the next save situation. The joke's on us.
Please don't act like you expected anything different. The guy is making $12 million. He has to close. I don't believe that statement but I think the people who matter do.

Kiko
09-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Didn't Heisey reach over the fence once and rob someone of a homer and save Cordero's butt?

When ATL was in Cincy, Heisey robbed Conrad of a HR. Reds later lost in extras.

Donder
09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Thom Brenneman had a very interesting reaction.

I think it took him a moment to process what had just happened. :D

I thought it was a weird call too. My take was that he made the call, realized it was a much more dramatic moment than he made it sound, then tried the call again.

Or maybe it took him a second to realize that he had actually caught the ball (like you said).

Either way it was a thrilling moment.

texasdave
09-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Please don't act like you expected anything different. The guy is making $12 million. He has to close. I don't believe that statement but I think the people who matter do.

I was not surprised. Hopeful yes, surprised no. But I don't think Cordero is the closer because he is making $12 million. Aaron Harang is making $12.5 million and I don't see him out there in the rotation anywhere. I think Cordero is the closer because Dusty Baker is the manager.

Stray
09-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I was not surprised. Hopeful yes, surprised no. But I don't think Cordero is the closer because he is making $12 million. Aaron Harang is making $12.5 million and I don't see him out there in the rotation anywhere. I think Cordero is the closer because Dusty Baker is the manager.

I think Cordero is the closer because of the time of year, and lack of experienced options to replace him.

The only possibility I can think of is Masset, which I wouldn't be against, but I understand why they would be hesitant right now.

Trace's Daddy
09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Chapman needs to be the closer as he is more effective. I don't know what closer experience has to do with anything. Getting 3 outs in the 9th is the same as getting 3 outs in the 7th except that fireworks go off after pitching the 9th. Cordero is going to cost playoff wins.

Stray
09-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Chapman needs to be the closer as he is more effective. I don't know what closer experience has to do with anything. Getting 3 outs in the 9th is the same as getting 3 outs in the 7th except that fireworks go off after pitching the 9th. Cordero is going to cost playoff wins.

Chapman has been lights out for sure, but as a closer you need to be able to pitch in every situation...and a lot.

I think Chapman could handle the workload, but he's been very very hittable with runners on base. Small sample size I know, but that's a concern. I do think experience plays a factor into closing games, especially with the pressure of a close 9th inning game in the playoffs.

That said, I have zero confidence in Cordero in said situation so I dunno.