PDA

View Full Version : Rolen needs to sit today

Krawhitham
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
He is playing through pain I know, but he is 0-7 with 5 K and making errors in the field.

He is providing ZERO protection for Votto in the lineup, he is clearly hurting the team,

TC81190
10-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Sad but I agree. He's not one of the best 8 to put out there to help the team today. I think you have to go with Cairo.

RedsLvr
10-10-2010, 03:58 PM
You play Rolen in this game, end of story. There shouldn't even be a debate on the issue.

TC81190
10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
You play Rolen in this game, end of story. There shouldn't even be a debate on the issue.
I would agree if he was even 70 percent, but at this point I think you have to consider Rolen injured.

redsrolen
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Unfortunately, Scott was over used this season! They would have rested him more but the Reds couldn't manage to win without him and they would have never in a million years have made the playoffs had he not become a Cin. Red !!! Dusty should have moved him down in the order weeks ago. When I think of all the amazing plays he has had here, and all the hits to make this team win, his amazing performance in the All Star game, to give the national league home field, the pain he plays through every game and doesn't complain, only to have some of you trash him like he is a piece of dirt!!!! Everyone knows he and his wife are friends of our family and I don't expect you to keep your opinions to yourselves, this is a message board after all.
All I can say is I have competed as an athlete at the highest levels, breaking a lot of records along the way and I have never seen a more dedicated athlete as Scott. That being said I do understand that a lot of you have a diff. opinion than mine.
I should have never told anyone about my family's friendship. Looking back, that was one of the amazingly stupid things I've done in a while! I hold no ill will to any of you, just wanted to express my feelings. Someone suggested to me Friday night, that I should stay off this site for a while. I am going to do that, it might last an hour, a day, a month, who knows? I have enjoyed all of you very much, it helped me get through a very difficult time, after my injury!!! I will always love the Reds!!!

sincerely,

Redsrolen

BurgervilleBuck
10-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Unfortunately, it's what have you done for me lately. And the only thing Rolen has done lately is look frail and not get key hits. I'm sure he's a mensch and loves dogs but nice guys that aren't helping the team are hurting the team.

Krawhitham
10-10-2010, 06:44 PM

If you do what you've always done, you will get what you always got

2 loses

Krawhitham
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately, Scott was over used this season! They would have rested him more but the Reds couldn't manage to win without him

10-7 after break without Rolen playing. That is a .588 win PCT they were only at .562 for the season

TC81190
10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately, Scott was over used this season! They would have rested him more but the Reds couldn't manage to win without him and they would have never in a million years have made the playoffs had he not become a Cin. Red !!! Dusty should have moved him down in the order weeks ago. When I think of all the amazing plays he has had here, and all the hits to make this team win, his amazing performance in the All Star game, to give the national league home field, the pain he plays through every game and doesn't complain, only to have some of you trash him like he is a piece of dirt!!!! Everyone knows he and his wife are friends of our family and I don't expect you to keep your opinions to yourselves, this is a message board after all.
All I can say is I have competed as an athlete at the highest levels, breaking a lot of records along the way and I have never seen a more dedicated athlete as Scott. That being said I do understand that a lot of you have a diff. opinion than mine.
I should have never told anyone about my family's friendship. Looking back, that was one of the amazingly stupid things I've done in a while! I hold no ill will to any of you, just wanted to express my feelings. Someone suggested to me Friday night, that I should stay off this site for a while. I am going to do that, it might last an hour, a day, a month, who knows? I have enjoyed all of you very much, it helped me get through a very difficult time, after my injury!!! I will always love the Reds!!!

sincerely,

Redsrolen
I don't want what I was saying to be interpreted as trashing Scott, because I'm not. Rolen is one of my favorite players and I'm very glad he's been with the team this year because they wouldn't have gotten anywhere without him.

I appreciate that Scott is trying to help the team by playing through the pain. I just wonder if this was the regular, if he would be going day to day at the very least with the injury bothering him the way it clearly is. That isn't his fault, but I just think he looks like he is in pain out there.

Jefferson24
10-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't want what I was saying to be interpreted as trashing Scott, because I'm not. Rolen is one of my favorite players and I'm very glad he's been with the team this year because they wouldn't have gotten anywhere without him.

I appreciate that Scott is trying to help the team by playing through the pain. I just wonder if this was the regular, if he would be going day to day at the very least with the injury bothering him the way it clearly is. That isn't his fault, but I just think he looks like he is in pain out there.

He have to have a platoon next year, no question about it.

HarlieChustle
10-11-2010, 09:50 AM
If you dont play Rolen in the playoffs then he will start a big stink with the coach and eventually leave for another team. History speaks for itself.