PDA

View Full Version : Philly Writer Makes Fun of Cincy

arkimadee
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20101011_Touch__This_Philadelphian_has_some_issues _with_Cincinnati.html?viewAll=y

I read this today and was very dissapointed. How can an article like this be published in a major newspaper?? Reading the comments from the site it shows that not all Philly fans are like this but damn, this article sure doesn't help Phillys image. It's one of the most classless pieces I have ever read and to be honest I have no clue how someone like this could even call himself a journalist.

roby
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20101011_Touch__This_Philadelphian_has_some_issues _with_Cincinnati.html?viewAll=y

I read this today and was very dissapointed. How can an article like this be published in a major newspaper?? Reading the comments from the site it shows that not all Philly fans are like this but damn, this article sure doesn't help Phillys image. It's one of the most classless pieces I have ever read and to be honest I have no clue how someone like this could even call himself a journalist.

The journalist is an idiot. My suggestion to him...if you don't like it here, stay home next time.

aldotcs
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I read it and thought, that's it? Goetta, Cincinnati chili, stupid fan chatter...Food Network? I said as much, too! :) It doesn't matter really. He looked like a huge jerk and I've read that Philly doesn't think too highly of him either.

roby
10-11-2010, 01:33 PM
...and I've read that Philly doesn't think too highly of him either.

Gee, I wonder why! :thumbup:

10-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Writers without talent have always been able to continue their career by being purposefully offensive and controversial. Perfect case in point.

Mutaman
10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
To the victors go the spoils.

Natty Redlocks
10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I like Skyline but it's not really chili, is it?

aldotcs
10-11-2010, 02:04 PM

That's the debate for the ages.:D

BurgervilleBuck
10-11-2010, 02:34 PM
It's Cincinnati chili, which is more like a Greek sauce.

Krawhitham
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I guess the writer does not remember 2007

http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2007_NLDS2.shtml

BurgervilleBuck
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I read it and thought, that's it? Goetta, Cincinnati chili, stupid fan chatter...Food Network? I said as much, too! :)
The reason why he couldn't find the Food Channel (which is what he said) on his hotel cable TV is because it's only available on the web (http://www.foodchannel.com/).

And in finding that out, I did more research for one post than Fitzpatrick did for that entire article.

TheBigLebowski
10-11-2010, 02:56 PM
The Eternal Debate (other than the 'is Skyline really chili?' thing - and yes, it is) is why give ridiculously untalented hacks more hits by linking to their trash articles? I am not trying to be rude to the OP - I hope this does not come off that way. Just always been my opinion that stuff like this just dies on the vine if it's ignored.

aldotcs
10-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Just always been my opinion that stuff like this just dies on the vine if it's ignored.

Human nature is hard to fight?

TheBigLebowski
10-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Human nature is hard to fight?

Yeah....there's no doubt about that

texasdave
10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
More human than a human. I know that doesn't really fit. But I am still bummed out by that playoff non-performance.

texasdave
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Small wonder, then, that Cincinnati seems to be the one city in America where you can't get the Food Channel on your hotel TV.

I know whenever I visit another city the first thing I do is look for the Food Channel in my hotel room.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20101011_Touch__This_Philadelphian_has_some_issues _with_Cincinnati.html?viewAll=y#ixzz1253ESJsi
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

TheBigLebowski
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
I know whenever I visit another city the first thing I do is look for the Food Channel in my hotel room.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20101011_Touch__This_Philadelphian_has_some_issues _with_Cincinnati.html?viewAll=y#ixzz1253ESJsi
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

The guy who holds the all-time RZ record for food puns in a game thread ragging on the Food Network? That's bananas!

Trace's Daddy
10-11-2010, 04:23 PM
things overheard before the game
1. An usher in right field urging a group of beer-drinking young men to behave themselves because Cincinnati would be in the national spotlight.

"I love Cincinnati. I could have lived anywhere, but I stayed in Cincinnati."

Yes, cities all across the United States are desperate for those with the ability to wipe off a seat.

:rolleyes: Whatta #$@%@!

FlyingPig
10-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Big deal..a writer that tries to create a controversial piece so people will read it.
I love Cincinnati.

I grew up in West Virginia....visited Cincinnati as a youth for ballgames and King's Island.

I had to move to North Carolina at age 28 because of my job. I have been in NC 22 years and have made the trip to Cincinnati every summer of those 22 years for Reds games.

I've ran the Flying Pig Marathon..3 times.

I'm not a native of that fine city. But I love it.

To each his own.

bounty37h
10-13-2010, 10:29 AM

Dudes from Philly, he tries to find anything neg on others to take the fact he lives in philthy out of his mind. Like the kids in school who make fun of others to hide they are the one with the biggest problems.

Philsfan10
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
As a Phillies fan I am shocked and appalled that this article was even published, especially from the Inquirer. I would expect it from the Daily news, but really... :thumbdown

texasdave
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
The guy who holds the all-time RZ record for food puns in a game thread ragging on the Food Network? That's bananas!

Comparing food puns in a game thread to an article in a major metropolitan newspaper is, if you ask me, apples to oranges.

Boston Red
10-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Philly guy ragging on Cincy? Those in glass houses (located in awful places) shouldn't throw stones.

Philsfan10
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Philly is a terrible city, I should know best, I live 2 miles outside of it, comparing any city to one as dirty as Philly... I don't even know how to describe it other then the guy posting never lived and or been to the city outside of where the ballpark is. Of course the ballpark is stationed in the nicer part of Philly...but beyond it is trash.

A little boisterous goading of another team is to be expected but going as far as the comparing cities, i'd much rather reside in Cincinnati.

PeteRoseBelongs
10-13-2010, 03:39 PM
almost as bad as reading Jerry Tipton on the Lexington Herald. All he does is bash the University of Kentucky basketball program and sites the New York Post as gospel. Terrible