PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morgan out at ESPN

jredmo2
11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Morgan and Jon Miller being replaced for Sunday Night Baseball, per Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5684849/joe-morgan-is-done-at-espn

redsfan_12
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Too bad we never play on Sunday night. I wish for one time, we would. It would be sweet to be on...

foxfire123
11-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Big League Stew over on YahooSports is practically throwing a kegger over there about this.

ESPN is junk anymore. Every other week there's yet another channel, and they keep hiring guys who know nothing about the sport they're supposed to be covering. Don't get me started on those idiots they hired to cover the NASCAR events, who don't know a lugnut from a walnut....

Magdal
11-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Well, I agree that ESPN is full of shyte, but Joe Morgan has made me sick for years. Good riddence as far as I'm concearned!

BTW, what Reds anouncer will be axed to make room for Joe? You better believe it's gonna happen.

Vottomatic
11-09-2010, 08:07 AM
I don't have feelings one way or the other for Joe Morgan. He neither turned me off or impressed me.

jwertz
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Both were incredibly boring, watching sunday night baseball (aka yankees vs redsox) was a bit like taking poison in low doses. It didn't kill you right away, but over time your body couldn't tolerate it anymore, and you end up in the fetal position on your bathroom floor in a pool of your own vomit... just speaking from personal experience. Miller is aweful, how he is a hall of famer I will never know. I would rather listen to Thom and the Cowboy anytime.

arkimadee
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
i've heard from many many sources that Joe is a jackass in real life.. Has anyone else heard this??

Magdal
11-09-2010, 11:22 AM
i've heard from many many sources that Joe is a jackass in real life.. Has anyone else heard this??Yes, but most celebs are when not in front of the camera or mic. I grew up knowing a kid until he was drafted to the bigs @ age 20. He was the sweetest person I ever knew.

Fast forward 10 years and the S.O.B. would not even nod recognition to his childhood friends after a game outside of the ball park.

Captain13
11-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Miller is about as good as it gets and I like Little Joe, too.

CySeymour
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Miller is about as good as it gets and I like Little Joe, too.

I like Miller, too. Morgan was ok when he concentrated on explaining plays in the field and not how Sabrmetrics suck.

New York Red
11-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm with you. I loved them and it's going to be odd watching a sunday night game with someone else doing the broadcast.

bounty37h
11-09-2010, 01:02 PM
i've heard from many many sources that Joe is a jackass in real life.. Has anyone else heard this??

Only met him once at a minor league game in 94 or so, but he was pretty nice guy and talked with me for awhile, didnt get any bad vibes or sign of being a jerk, but who knows. Anyone can be on any given day, and also have to take into account why they may have been a jackass, what did they say or do to make them respond in that way, etc...Or may be just be a natural born ass. Have been a lifelong Johnny Bench fan, first time I actually met him he was the biggest jerk I have come across in past or current players (and was everytime since unfortunately).

Little Earl
11-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I got to have lunch with him last year at an auto dealership seminar (a friend was the instructor). He answered all my questions, but wasn't really that friendly.

In line with another recent thread, he believes Concepcion should be in the hall.