SS- Troy Tulowitzki
3b- Scott Rolen
OF- Shane Victorino
OF- Carlos Gonzalez
OF- Michael Bourn

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5788835

Captain13
11-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Three Reds for the 1st time since 77. :)

Votto4MVP
11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Three Reds for the 1st time since 77. :)

4 more that were arguably gold glove talented as well.

Bruce should have won one.
Votto is statistically very close to Albert.
Stubbs has all the speed in the world, and a solid arm, could win one in the future.
Janish is pretty damn good defensively.

Our D could be even better next year then this year, and this year we broke a team record for fewest errors in a season.

Captain13
11-10-2010, 03:57 PM
4 more that were arguably gold glove talented as well.

Bruce should have won one.
Votto is statistically very close to Albert.
Stubbs has all the speed in the world, and a solid arm, could win one in the future.
Janish is pretty damn good defensively.

Our D could be even better next year then this year, and this year we broke a team record for fewest errors in a season.

Our D [B]should[B] be even better next year. Votto, Bruce and Stubbs should continue to improve. Janish will be a considerable upgrade at short. Hanigan and Nix should be about the same. The only place we should see a drop-off is third; unfortunately Rolen isn't getting younger. I don't think we can expect him to never start to fall off. I LOVE being a Reds fan!

brm7675
11-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Rolen? Really? Wow he and Jeter both need to refuse...neither should have won.

11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
First, congratulations to everyone, very well deserved. :beerme:

However, they really need to give awards to every position in the outfield and not just the top outfielders. Nearly every year it goes to the top three centerfielders, not the top LF, CF and RF.

It's like handing out one award to the top middle infielder, instead of 2B and SS. There is a big difference between playing LF, CF, and RF.

This probably cost Bruce a gold glove.

TheBigLebowski
11-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Bruce should have won, and Stubbie has a few in his future.

Congrats to all our Gold Glove Redlegs!

Vottomatic
11-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Bruce's postseason blunder probably did him in.

Congrats to the others. I was surprised by Rolen, although I still think he's solid.

Really think Bruce, Votto, Janish and Stubbs all are definitely in the conversation in the future.

Caveman Techie
11-10-2010, 05:11 PM
I can't argue against Rolen getting a gold glove, but I couldn't really argue for it either. Other than that Bruce should of won also.

brm7675
11-10-2010, 06:09 PM
As with all end of year awards, the postseason play has no impact on it.

redsrolen
11-10-2010, 07:05 PM

WOW!!! I'm sure glad you didn't vote, way to back your team!! I was just listening to ESPN talking about how great Scott is!! Yes, his best years are behind him, but he will go down as one of the best that ever played!! I remember seeing a Mike Schmit interview about Scott. Mike said he had never seen anyone better than Scott. I am super proud of all the Reds players!! I will look forward when Scott steps aside, all the other great Reds fielders getting their due!!!

New York Red
11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Awesome! Way to go, guys! :beerme:

arkimadee
11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
We get three gold gloves for the first time since 77 and all you can do is complain because Rolen shouldn't have gotten one? Really dude? I could count on one hand the number of bad throws Rolen made all season. He was very much deserving.

HalMorrisRules
11-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Bruce's postseason blunder probably did him in.

Voting is done before the playoffs begin. Bruce's bad play had no bearing in the decision.

MikeThierry
11-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Glad to see the old man get it. I have always been a fan of Rolen even when he became a quasi premaddona in St. Louis. I am also glad that Pujols didn't get snubbed again like he did last year and three years ago.

foxfire123
11-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey another thing we beat the Cardinals on! I think Rolen deserved it, but I'm a firm member of the camp that says each outfield position should get a GG, were all three from the AL centerfielders too?

Kingspoint
11-11-2010, 12:08 AM
It's a shame that Rolen won a Gold Glove award. He didn't deserve one any more than Orlando Cabrera deserved one. The voters lost all credibility on this one, if they had any left after giving away the AL SS award to someone much more undeserving.

Kingspoint
11-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Bruce was robbed.

There was no better Right Fielder in the National League.

Kingspoint
11-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Carlos Gonzalez winning was a joke.

DocRed
11-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Why the Scott Rolen hate? He had a UZR 150 of 12.1 for the season. Who else you gonna give it to? I don't know...I'm just asking.

bounty37h
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Kings, arent you also the one last season that went on and on and on and on and on in every thread you could about what a bad trade that was for the Reds (and I truly am asking as I dont recall for sure but seems like it was)? Is it something personal we don't know about? Not saying cant have an opinion, but as bad as you hated the trade then, this seems like there is a vendetta or something more then on the field....

Kingspoint
11-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Why the Scott Rolen hate? He had a UZR 150 of 12.1 for the season. Who else you gonna give it to? I don't know...I'm just asking.

There's no hate. It was just a joke that he won the Gold Glove proving once again that it's a popularity contest.

Scott Rolen wasn't even close to the best glove at 3B in the National League. Rolen would be the first to admit that.

Kingspoint
11-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Kings, arent you also the one last season that went on and on and on and on and on in every thread you could about what a bad trade that was for the Reds (and I truly am asking as I dont recall for sure but seems like it was)? Is it something personal we don't know about? Not saying cant have an opinion, but as bad as you hated the trade then, this seems like there is a vendetta or something more then on the field....

Not at all. Turns out that I was wrong about the trade, and it turned out to be great for the REDS. Rolen had a phenomenal year that defied all odds. He was "decent" at 3rd Base. He did extremely well with the balls that he got to. But, he was still 35 years old and had a bad back, and as such, had the range of a 35-year old with a bad back. There's no arguing that.

Gold Glove? 5 years ago, maybe. But, not at this stage of his life.

I just can't stand awards that are supposed to be based on merit being awarded because of popularity and nothing else. The person who should have won the award is getting hosed.