PDA

View Full Version : David DeJesus to the A's

fewfirstchoice
11-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Like always the Reds sit on their hands while other teams go out and get better at the position they need help in. Come on Walt lets get the Reds better. Lets get them to the NLCS this time.

DocRed
11-11-2010, 01:26 PM
dang...Gomes is happy though :)

fewfirstchoice
11-11-2010, 01:28 PM
If Gomes is the Reds starting LF next year they will be in trouble. thats all

brm7675
11-11-2010, 02:57 PM
not sure what kind of pitchers these guys are they got for him, but you have to think we could have, if wanted made a better offer. There must be something going on either with another trade happening or FA signing or budget issue we are not aware of.

fewfirstchoice
11-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Lets hope so. Id like to see either Crawford or Werth in a Reds uni. I know its not gong to happen but it would be nice to see. Im afraid this is just another case ot the reds sitting on their hands while the other teams get better. DeJesus could have been the final piece of the puzzle for the Reds.

Vottomatic
11-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Meh. I'll wait and see what happens in the Hot Stove League and if Spring Training arrives and a boatload of other teams have made smart, affordable, efficient trades that the Reds could have made to improve our club, then I will be mad.

But I'm still in wait and see mode.

brm7675
11-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Lets hope so. Id like to see either Crawford or Werth in a Reds uni. I know its not gong to happen but it would be nice to see. Im afraid this is just another case ot the reds sitting on their hands while the other teams get better. DeJesus could have been the final piece of the puzzle for the Reds.

his numbers were okay, but I don't believe he would have qualified as the 'final piece" of the puzzle.

TheBigLebowski
11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
We definitely could have afforded to put together a better package for DeJesus....he would have looked good in this OF....but I have learned to trust WJ.

BEETTLEBUG
11-12-2010, 10:29 AM
What about Ryan Ludwick heard he might be non-tendered!

Kingspoint
11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Walt grabbed the best Shortstop on the market last year in Cabrera.

He made attempts to trade for a Shortstop, but there were no takers for Harang.

Can't say that Walt has made any mistakes under his tenure other than bringing back Daryl Thompson too soon. But, he learned from that and was even more conscious to not make the same mistake with Harang, Thompson again, and others in the system, including monitoring the innings of Leake, Chapman and Wood.

Kingspoint
11-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Walt could get aggressive and go for Stephen Drew. He has the players to trade.

Getting Drew puts Cozart on the back-burner, but it wouldn't be a crime if Cozart ended up at 3rd Base or as a Utility Infielder/Outfielder.

The D-Backs need bullpen arms and the REDS have arms they could trade.

Even Mike Leake, whom Arizona in intimately familiar with from his College days, could be swapped for him. Leake could pitch in the bullpen or start.

brm7675
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM

Getting Drew puts Cozart on the back-burner, but it wouldn't be a crime if Cozart ended up at 3rd Base or as a Utility Infielder/Outfielder.

Even Mike Leake, whom Arizona in intimately familiar with from his College days, could be swapped for him. Leake could pitch in the bullpen or start.

Sorry I don't offer Mike Leake in any package for Drew. Drew is an okay SS, leake could be a quality 2 guy in our rotation.

Kingspoint
11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Drew is right now among the Top-5 Shortstops in Baseball and should continue to be over the next 5 years.

"OK" is not a word any scout would use to describe him.

As far as Leake being #2 for the REDS? Never.

Vottomatic
11-12-2010, 08:43 PM

I think the Reds will stay in house from here on out at SS, giving Janish his deserved chance while knowing Cozart is waiting in the wings.

Even if neither of these two are offensive stalwarts, the rest of our lineup is heading in that direction. And Janish certainly will be one of the top 2 or 3 defensive SS's in mlb.

In fact, I look for the Reds to stay in house on everything unless an awesome trade offer sits in their lap.

Roush's socks
11-12-2010, 09:44 PM
The Reds should carefully consider trading Leake, Bailey, Cueto or any of the young pitching talent. What looks like a surplus of potential starters right now can quickly change when injuries come in to play. The problem is --how do you guess which guy to trade? There is no way to now how they will develop, even though everyone has opinions. Leake showed enough talent last year, pitching in the majors with no minor league experience, that for all we know he could easily develop into a really good pitcher. Bailey is another guy who has great talent and could TOR.

To trade one of these guys for a LF power hitter could look really stupid if the LR'r was only marginally better than Gomes/Heisey and then the pitcher went on to be a successful MLB starter.

Kingspoint
11-13-2010, 01:11 AM
The Reds should carefully consider trading Leake, Bailey, Cueto or any of the young pitching talent. What looks like a surplus of potential starters right now can quickly change when injuries come in to play.

...and they surely will.

Rare is the team who has 2 guys start 35 games, 1 guy start 32 games, and two more guys start 30 games in the same season.