PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Quentin

Hondo
12-11-2010, 06:28 PM

The White Sox are "actively looking" to move Carlos Quentin for a package that includes at least one reliever, tweets Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times. The Sox "are asking a lot so far," according to Cowley's sources, so it's possible they may just be gauging the market at this point, though we know at least one team (Philadelphia) has shown interest in Quentin.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/chicago_white_sox/index.html

With the Reds looking for a Right Handed Power Hitter and a Left Fielder, how about Trading Cordero to the White Sox for Quentin... He isn't making that much and the Reds could unload Cordero's Contract.

Makes sense for both teams IMO.

stripedwarrior
12-11-2010, 06:37 PM
In a word, NO!!
Dude might make Dunn look good with a glove, and he has not been good at the plate the last 2 years either.

Hondo
12-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, he would be in a Contract year and I think Dude would Hit 40 Out, and the Point is to loosen the Payroll by eliminating Cordero's contract...

Vottomatic
12-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm not that crazy or interested in Quentin, but if we could unload Cordero's contract, I might change my mind.

BEETTLEBUG
12-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Sure why not maybe it would work even with bad defense.

Vottomatic
12-12-2010, 02:25 AM

The White Sox are "actively looking" to move Carlos Quentin for a package that includes at least one reliever, tweets Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times. The Sox "are asking a lot so far," according to Cowley's sources, so it's possible they may just be gauging the market at this point, though we know at least one team (Philadelphia) has shown interest in Quentin.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/chicago_white_sox/index.html

With the Reds looking for a Right Handed Power Hitter and a Left Fielder, how about Trading Cordero to the White Sox for Quentin... He isn't making that much and the Reds could unload Cordero's Contract.

Makes sense for both teams IMO.

Philly is interested in Quentin? But the ChiSox need bullpen help?

Unload/Trade Cordero for Quentin.
Flip/Trade Quentin to the Phils for something of value.

DocRed
12-12-2010, 09:34 AM
I like the idea somewhat. Quentin is still fairly young, 28. He gets on base and doesn't strike out alot for a power hitter.