PDA

View Full Version : I think the reds players should be on here

Michelle
12-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I think the Reds Players should be on here at redzone to talk to us fans.
Michelle
I think that would be cool haveing them joine redzone.
Michelle

JohnnyBench
12-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Is this a serious post?

goreds2
12-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I think the Reds Players should be on here at redzone to talk to us fans.
Michelle
I think that would be cool haveing them joine redzone.
Michelle

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3524147233_61cfce0df7_z.jpg?zz=1

mlh1981
12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm Jonny Gomes.

BigPoppa
12-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey Michelle
I'm Johnny Vander Meer. I used to pitch for the Reds.
Johnny

I threw 2 no-hitters.
Johnny

I threw them back to back.
Johnny

Fon Duc Tow
12-27-2010, 10:53 PM
http://holycrapthatsfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/whut.jpeg

TheBigLebowski
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't think we've ever had any actual Reds players participate here....not that I know of, anyway....we have had some family members of players...Todd Coffey's brother used to post here under the name "CoffeyBro."

Although I think it's probably a good thing that players don't participate in fan atmospheres such as these, it would be funny to take notice of the severe reduction of ad hominem attacks levied towards players by some of these keyboard cowboys.

New York Red
12-29-2010, 02:41 PM
I remember when Shayne Graham's sister use to post on the message boards at bengals.com. She was pretty cool, but Shane obviously had his limitations and he took heat for it on the boards. For the most part she handled it well, but she had to defend him a lot and I'm sure it became uncomfortable at some point. It would be cool if some former players chimed in occasionally, but I don't know about current players. Or maybe I'm just jaded because I read Chad Johnson-Ochocinco's daily ramblings on my FB page.

:confused:

UPRedsFan
12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Michelle,

Ignore the high schoolish teasing from the first few responses to your post.

I agree it would be fun to communicate with a player or front office person, but it's highly unlikely any would ever reveal themselves if they ever do frequent the board. I'm sure they're advised by their employer not to engage in such activity. If they made one wrong statement that offended a fan it would be splashed all over the place.

TheBigLebowski
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I remember when Shayne Graham's sister use to post on the message boards at bengals.com. She was pretty cool, but Shane obviously had his limitations and he took heat for it on the boards. For the most part she handled it well, but she had to defend him a lot and I'm sure it became uncomfortable at some point. It would be cool if some former players chimed in occasionally, but I don't know about current players. Or maybe I'm just jaded because I read Chad Johnson-Ochocinco's daily ramblings on my FB page.

:confused:

Ah, Bengal_SIS. I know of her well. She had good intentions, for the most part, but she just opened herself up for most of the abuse she took.

texasdave
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Wasn't Keymastur a Reds' minor leaguer who actually made it to the show briefly?

gilpdawg
12-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Ryan Jorgenson iirc.
Wasn't Keymastur a Reds' minor leaguer who actually made it to the show briefly?

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

TeamSelig
12-30-2010, 11:21 AM
cool story bro

bounty37h
01-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Yup, think he even came back here briefly last season.

Michelle
02-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Anyone who is a bangels fan should not post on Reds fan form. Also I will ignore anyone who talks about a baseball player being murederd. One of my friend got killed. That hurts my feelings I am still haveing troubles with it. His next door neightbor did it. And it is still hard for me to think about it it only happend last summer.
Sincerely Michelle

mroby85
02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Anyone who is a bangels fan should not post on Reds fan form. Also I will ignore anyone who talks about a baseball player being murederd. One of my friend got killed. That hurts my feelings I am still haveing troubles with it. His next door neightbor did it. And it is still hard for me to think about it it only happend last summer.
Sincerely Michelle

We should be safe because I don't think there are too many Bangels fans here, lol.

Cuban_Missile
02-12-2011, 05:06 PM
We should be safe because I don't think there are too many Bangels fans here, lol.

Don't speak so surely mroby. I looove my Bangels Hue Day!

Cuban_Missile
02-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Ah, Bengal_SIS. I know of her well. She had good intentions, for the most part, but she just opened herself up for most of the abuse she took.

Bengals_SIS became a really rude bad person towards then end of Shayne's stay here. The board I posted with her on it she became NASTY at the end. Good riddance we got rid of her and him.

mroby85
02-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Don't speak so surely mroby. I looove my Bangels Hue Day!

haha i'm a bangels fan as well. Feeling singled out as a bangels fan I felt the need to make a sarcastic reply due to the spelling, lol. Hue Day!

Michelle
02-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I like Jay Bruce and Joey Votto. I think I will write to the reds on here
Michelle

Cuban_Missile
02-13-2011, 11:32 AM
I like Jay Bruce and Joey Votto. I think I will write to the reds on here
Michelle

Do it if we can reed it I bet thy can reed it!

Michelle
02-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I wrote it on here so fans and the cincinnati Reds can read it and write me back.
michellestrebe@gmail.com

Cuban_Missile
02-13-2011, 04:26 PM
You shouldn't give out your email in the middle of a thread like that.

DirtyBaker
02-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Welcome Michelle.

- Sports forums will not get you in contact with athletes, coaches, managers, etc. You may want to try Twitter. Forums are basically just a place fans to discuss team related topics to other fans. Anyone with direct ties to teams usually don't post, but it's anyone's guess as to how many of them read forums.

- Personal information like email, address, name, credit cards, social security # shouldn't be posted in a place like this. You won't be contacted by anyone from the reds, and you'll probably just end up with a lot of spam in your inbox from solicitors.

Magdal
02-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Players DO in fact join fan forums. I read the St. Louis forum last week and there were 3 players answering questions. I read the Colby Rasmus thread as he was the only one I had heard of.

But there was no back and forth talk...questions were submitted and the ones found appropriate were passed on to Rasmus, who gave mind numbingly dull pat answers. A total waste of time.

As to the question of do the players read the forums: I believe that 100% of all rookies check them out DAILY. Wouldn't you? And even if you did not your wife, relatives and freinds would be! (and passing it on) Of course there comes a time when a player is secure in his spot and will only check them when a teamate see's one that is funny to rib him with.

They also listen to all the radio shows that we do and watch Sportscenter every nite.

And to think that some don't join up anonnamously is a bit naive. They are here, my freinds....what you type, they read.;)

And I'm sure their kids are reading Michelle's posts.

Parliament
02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Do it if we can reed it I bet thy can reed it!

It's shameful how so many on here treat a handicapped person. Not cool. Take 2 seconds to google Michelle's name and you might learn about her but I guess it is easier to mock her.

Josh
02-14-2011, 11:17 PM
It's shameful how so many on here treat a handicapped person. Not cool. Take 2 seconds to google Michelle's name and you might learn about her but I guess it is easier to mock her.

Yeah I thought something was up so I googled her too, maybe some guy/girls just didnt think to do so.

bounty37h
02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah I thought something was up so I googled her too, maybe some guy/girls just didnt think to do so.

Really shouldnt have to take that route anyway; We should be happy someone else is excited about this team, likes the Reds and wants to share without having to ridicule them (not preaching, as I am often guilty of these too).
Michelle-Welcome to the board, I hope this team gives you lots of joy this season as well as the rest of us fans! If you live near or get a chance to go to any of our minor league teams games, that can be a good spot to meet some of the players before they get to "the show" and are busier to spend time with fans or harder to reach. I live near the Durham Bulls and always go to Lousiville games when they are in town and have met many of the future Reds that way.
Go Reds!

Cuban_Missile
02-15-2011, 12:23 PM

Why was I singled out for misspelling two words from my phone? Yeah my first post was sarcastic but the last two I did google her and told her to write the reds and told her not to put her email out there. So please do not single me out for a spelling mistake again. Especially if you read the thread and then saw that I was helping her out in my next two posts....

mlh1981
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I had a sarcastic reply on page 1 of this thread. Googled the girl's name, and now I feel kinda bad. Welcome aboard, and have fun posting/reading here :beerme:

KYRedLeg
02-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Googled the girl's name, and now I feel kinda bad.

I Googled the email address as well, and didn't learn anything I hadn't already gathered from the postings. I thought it was rather obvious. :-/

bounty37h
02-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Why was I singled out for misspelling two words from my phone? Yeah my first post was sarcastic but the last two I did google her and told her to write the reds and told her not to put her email out there. So please do not single me out for a spelling mistake again. Especially if you read the thread and then saw that I was helping her out in my next two posts....

Cuban, think it just got tagged on your last resposne, but dont think they meant to single you or anyone out by any means.

mlh1981
02-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I Googled the email address as well, and didn't learn anything I hadn't already gathered from the postings. I thought it was rather obvious. :-/

Sorry, just used to trolls on other forums, and kinda assumed the worst here at first (though this place does an outstanding job of removing the garbage.)

Cuban_Missile
02-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Cuban, think it just got tagged on your last resposne, but dont think they meant to single you or anyone out by any means.

I hope not because I am not a bad guy by any means and I don't like to be singled out.

Fon Duc Tow
02-18-2011, 08:26 PM
wow these 3 pages have been a wild ride. :D

Michelle
03-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Are some of you fighting over what I had asked? I love the Cincinnati Reds But I dont think anyone on here would act like a cincinnati Reds just so they could spam me. Nobody has been asking to sell me anything. The Reds are so good. I get to go to the opening day Prade. I am so lucky that I get to go to the Prade.
Michelle
PS I am sorry about putting my email address up I never give out my home address or nothing like that. I just thought If anyone had a Question about the Reds I could Answer them.
Michelle

CelticFC
03-20-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm a member of a mixed martial arts forum called Sherdog, and some of the fighters used to post on there, but for obvious reasons they don't anymore. But I'm sure baseball fans are more civil than your average MMA fan...

Michelle
04-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks Magdal. I love Cincinnati Reds Team now. I think the fans need to stop thinnking I stalk them. Beacuse I would not ever do a thing like that. I need to talk to them about someone and I want to know if they will be my friend and stay my friend. I dont like the fact some fans think I would stalk someone. I had stopped listenting to a country music band beacuse someone clamed the same thing. And to this day I threw away there cd.
I wont stop being a Reds fan beacuse I know the Reds would not want me to stop watching them. I am a sweet and Nice girl.
Michelle
PS Magal
I read post also some of them are funny.
Michelle

bounty37h
04-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks Magdal. I love Cincinnati Reds Team now. I think the fans need to stop thinnking I stalk them. Beacuse I would not ever do a thing like that. I need to talk to them about someone and I want to know if they will be my friend and stay my friend. I dont like the fact some fans think I would stalk someone. I had stopped listenting to a country music band beacuse someone clamed the same thing. And to this day I threw away there cd.
I wont stop being a Reds fan beacuse I know the Reds would not want me to stop watching them. I am a sweet and Nice girl.
Michelle
PS Magal
I read post also some of them are funny.
Michelle

Dont ever quit being a Reds fan Michelle!

Michelle
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Well when someone calls me a stalker I dont like it. It just hurts my feeling knowing some fans dont like me.
Michelle