PDA

View Full Version : Win totals for next year

brm7675
12-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes it is way early and we can reevaluate come April, but right now, seeing the talent each team in teh Central has, what would you say each team will finish with win wise?

Reds - 94
Brewers - 88
Cards - 81
Stros - 81
Cubs - 75
Pirates 70

Red Rover
12-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Reds - 93
Brewers - 86
Cards - 83
Astros - 79
Cubs - 77
Pirates - 69

Nathan
12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Reds 96
Brewers 91
Cardinals 90
Cubs 79
Astros 77
Pirates 54

UPRedsFan
12-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Reds - 95
Cards - 89
Brewers - 88
Cubs - 80
Astros - 78
Pirates - 70

Knightro28
12-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Reds 90
Brewers 90
Cardinals 86
Cubs 83
Astros 76
Pirates 70

webbbj
12-29-2010, 12:41 AM

Kiss the Baby00
12-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Brewers- 92
Reds- 90
Cubs-85
Cards-83
Astros- 68
Pitt- 58

RedLakerFan24
12-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Cards 92
Brewers 90
Reds 84
Cubs 80
Astros 73
Cubs 58

Vottomatic
12-29-2010, 08:55 AM
If the Cards finish third, they will let Pujols walk. Because they're already at max payroll, and it will just show how little supporting cast they can put around him even at his current pay rate.

brm7675
12-29-2010, 12:09 PM
If the Cards finish third, they will let Pujols walk. Because they're already at max payroll, and it will just show how little supporting cast they can put around him even at his current pay rate.

no way St. louis lets Albert walk, the town would revolt, they have the monies to pay him and they will 'show him the monies' trust me.

Vottomatic
12-29-2010, 01:40 PM
no way St. louis lets Albert walk, the town would revolt, they have the monies to pay him and they will 'show him the monies' trust me.

I guess you don't read much.

The Cardinal owners are already making comments to their fanbase that they don't think they can pay one guy a boatload and maintain a quality supporting cast.

In fact, I posted the article awhile back.

But not going to waste my time finding it right now. But the clearly are posturing themselves and prepping their fanbase for life without Albert.

If they do sign him, they will be a one-trick pony just like the Reds were with Junior.

As you said, "trust me". :D

Hondo
12-29-2010, 03:04 PM

The Cardinal owners are already making comments to their fanbase that they don't think they can pay one guy a boatload and maintain a quality supporting cast.

But not going to waste my time finding it right now. But the clearly are posturing themselves and prepping their fanbase for life without Albert.

If they do sign him, they will be a one-trick pony just like the Reds were with Junior.

I think the Cubs will be all in on a 30 Million per year deal to save their franchise... I also posted about all their Money coming off the books this offseason & Next...

brm7675
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM

It's called positioning, trust me the Cards will be fine, they have the monies and Albert is going anywhere and they will field a very competivitve team. If budget was an issue they would not have signed Holliday for what they did. Come on...

Hondo
12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
It's called positioning, trust me the Cards will be fine, they have the monies and Albert is going anywhere and they will field a very competivitve team. If budget was an issue they would not have signed Holliday for what they did. Come on...

"Trust me..."

Cardinals are in trouble if Pujols hits Free Agency...

"Trust me..."

brm7675
12-29-2010, 03:47 PM
"Trust me..."

Cardinals are in trouble if Pujols hits Free Agency...

"Trust me..."

he won't, they will sign him to something in line of 6-7 years at around 18-20 million per season, again they have the revenue and the other the other two big boys are already set at first base, so outside of maybe the Angels, the Cards won't have anyone able to beat their offer.

Hondo
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM
he won't, they will sign him to something in line of 6-7 years at around 18-20 million per season, again they have the revenue and the other the other two big boys are already set at first base, so outside of maybe the Angels, the Cards won't have anyone able to beat their offer.

Jayson Werth just got 18 Million Per Year...

You think Albert Pujols will sign for between 18-20 Million per year?

Explain your Logic.

:all_cohol

brm7675
12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Jayson Werth just got 18 Million Per Year...

You think Albert Pujols will sign for between 18-20 Million per year?

Explain your Logic.

:all_cohol

home town discount, plus who would offer more? how many teams out there could afford more?

brm7675
12-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I think the Cubs will be all in on a 30 Million per year deal to save their franchise... I also posted about all their Money coming off the books this offseason & Next...

no way Cubs do that, their owner has seen how having the huge contracts restrict teams to a degree.

Hondo
12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
home town discount, plus who would offer more? how many teams out there could afford more?

Cubs, Nationals, and Do Not Ever Over look the Yankees...

brm7675
12-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Cubs, Nationals, and Do Not Ever Over look the Yankees...

Cards would never allow him to go to Cubs, they would match if not surpass any offer they made no matter what. nationals wasted their monies on wearthless and the Yankees have their first basemen, why would they need two?

Hondo
12-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Cards would never allow him to go to Cubs, they would match if not surpass any offer they made no matter what. nationals wasted their monies on wearthless and the Yankees have their first basemen, why would they need two?

You're Smoking Crack Dude... The Cubs have been shredding payroll the last 2 off seasons to make a run at Pujols and yes the Nationals will be in on Pujols... As will the Chicago White Sox.

Pujols @ 18-20 Million Dollars per year is why you're on CRACK since that is your Opinion...

brm7675
12-29-2010, 06:48 PM
You're Smoking Crack Dude... The Cubs have been shredding payroll the last 2 off seasons to make a run at Pujols and yes the Nationals will be in on Pujols... As will the Chicago White Sox.

Pujols @ 18-20 Million Dollars per year is why you're on CRACK since that is your Opinion...

Again, the Cards will keep Pujols, there is ZERO chance he will leave, they will pay him whatever it takes and i am willing to bet he will give them some hometown discount. Neither the Sox nor the Nationals have jack to sign this guy. The nationals can't sell games out unless their star pitching is pitching and he won't be back till late in 2011 if then. The White Sox have one of the cheapest owners overall around given his market size, plus they just resigned their first basemen so they don't need him. St. Louis is one of the top teams in baseball market wise, they have owners with deep pockets and they are one of the top teams fan base wise in all of baseball. They afforded Holliday, they will afford Pujols...bank on it.

Hondo
12-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Again, the Cards will keep Pujols, there is ZERO chance he will leave, they will pay him whatever it takes and i am willing to bet he will give them some hometown discount. Neither the Sox nor the Nationals have jack to sign this guy. The nationals can't sell games out unless their star pitching is pitching and he won't be back till late in 2011 if then. The White Sox have one of the cheapest owners overall around given his market size, plus they just resigned their first basemen so they don't need him. St. Louis is one of the top teams in baseball market wise, they have owners with deep pockets and they are one of the top teams fan base wise in all of baseball. They afforded Holliday, they will afford Pujols...bank on it.

I am not doubting the Cards will try and keep him and possibly retain him... The point is your reasoning for the 18-20 Million Dollar Salary per year...

brm7675
12-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I am not doubting the Cards will try and keep him and possibly retain him... The point is your reasoning for the 18-20 Million Dollar Salary per year...

The kid in minnesota took less to stay there, Lee took less to go where he wanted. Albert is no fool, he knows he has it good in St. louis and that to keep a winning team he can't brake their bank, so I see him signing for a hometown discount of between 18-20 million. I could see him going for say a 6 year deal for around 120-125 million with monies deffered.

webbbj
12-29-2010, 08:24 PM
albert pujols is gonna be the highest paid player in MLB. hes gonna demand at=round 30-35 million per year.

brm7675
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
albert pujols is gonna be the highest paid player in MLB. hes gonna demand at=round 30-35 million per year.

no way it will be that high.

Hondo
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM

You're absolutley right.

Hondo
12-30-2010, 01:15 PM
no way it will be that high.

You're absolutely wrong...

Incorrect.
Mistaken.
Inaccurate.
Counterfactual.

brm7675
12-30-2010, 02:30 PM
You're absolutely wrong...

Incorrect.
Mistaken.
Inaccurate.
Counterfactual.

There is no way it goes over 30 million. you take that to the bank.

Hondo
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
There is no way it goes over 30 million. you take that to the bank.

So you're now saying it could be capped at 30 Million?

Thats a long way from your first response of 18-20 Million per year...

brm7675
12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
So you're now saying it could be capped at 30 Million?

Thats a long way from your first response of 18-20 Million per year...

No i think he will resign with St. Louis for between 18-20 million per year for between 5-6 years with maybe some additional monies being earned for results, but in baseball there is a chance it could go up, but the odds go down greatly the higher people think it will go. No team is going to offer him 30 million, all the teams saw what Arods contract did to Texas, no other team is going down that path. look for albert to sign for 5 maybe 6 years. Albert turns 30, that would take him through till he is 36 and odds are his numbers will begin to decline somewhat over the coming seasons. If Albert was say 25 or so, maybe he might get close to ARod's money, but he is not.

Hondo
12-30-2010, 03:30 PM
No i think he will resign with St. Louis for between 18-20 million per year for between 5-6 years with maybe some additional monies being earned for results, but in baseball there is a chance it could go up, but the odds go down greatly the higher people think it will go. No team is going to offer him 30 million, all the teams saw what Arods contract did to Texas, no other team is going down that path. look for albert to sign for 5 maybe 6 years. Albert turns 30, that would take him through till he is 36 and odds are his numbers will begin to decline somewhat over the coming seasons. If Albert was say 25 or so, maybe he might get close to ARod's money, but he is not.

Why don't you just give up. No way Albert takes 18-20 Million from the Cardinals... When he could command at least 25 Million anywhere and not out of the realm to reach 30 Million...

brm7675
12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Why don't you just give up. No way Albert takes 18-20 Million from the Cardinals... When he could command at least 25 Million anywhere and not out of the realm to reach 30 Million...

Why did Lee take less monies, why did the kid in Minn. take less money? Why did Barry larkin take less monies when he was with the Reds? Albert is da man in St. louis, the town is a baseball Heaven and he will be paid well. You know it's not always about the money...;)

Hondo
12-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Why did Lee take less monies, why did the kid in Minn. take less money? Why did Barry larkin take less monies when he was with the Reds? Albert is da man in St. louis, the town is a baseball Heaven and he will be paid well. You know it's not always about the money...;)

Lee didn't take less Money... He took less years at 23 Million per year.

Mourneu took 15 Million back when players like Werth weren't making 18 Million...

brm7675
12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Lee didn't take less Money... He took less years at 23 Million per year.

Mourneu took 15 Million back when players like Werth weren't making 18 Million...

No lee could have had more money, more years more everything and he passed on it. Mourneu could have made much more but stayed where he liked it. Why do you think Albert is so greedy...

Hondo
12-30-2010, 04:17 PM
No lee could have had more money, more years more everything and he passed on it. Mourneu could have made much more but stayed where he liked it. Why do you think Albert is so greedy...

His last contract was 7 years/100 Million signed before 2004 so why not being AROD Money, I think he was taking top dollar at the time for a player signing away his Free Agent Years...

And don't over look the Angels... THey have 39.7 Million coming off payroll after 2011 also...

brm7675
12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
His last contract was 7 years/100 Million signed before 2004 so why not being AROD Money, I think he was taking top dollar at the time for a player signing away his Free Agent Years...

And don't over look the Angels... THey have 39.7 Million coming off payroll after 2011 also...

I actually believe they will be the the top competition for him.

Kiss the Baby00
12-30-2010, 06:49 PM
brm once again proving he has no idea what is going on.

http://www.tweak3d.net/forums/imagehosting/12254a885fadccc3b.gif

brm7675
12-30-2010, 06:55 PM
brm once again proving he has no idea what is going on.

http://www.tweak3d.net/forums/imagehosting/12254a885fadccc3b.gif

how is that?

Kiss the Baby00
12-30-2010, 07:07 PM
bc you think the best player in the last decade and maybe one of the top 5 ever is going to get paid the same as jason werth

defender
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I do agree, that Pujols will stay with the Cards, and give them a hometown discount. I think on the open market, he would get around 30 mil. Would he give a 10 mil per year home town discount? No, but depending on the amount of years and, especially if they redo 2011, I think a 2012 salary of 22 mil is possible. The Cards should be willing to go up to about 25-28 mil yearly average.

Kingspoint
12-31-2010, 12:59 AM
You're right.

It is too early.

Come back to this topic at the end of March.

MikeThierry
01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
There is no way Pujols stays here in St. Louis for 17-20 million a year. I have a feeling if he settled on that offer he would get a call from the union. Even the hometown boy from Minnesota that you mentioned brm, settled on about 25 million a year. A hometown discount for Pujols would be starting at least 22-23 million a year. I still think the Cards have enough money even if they were to pay him 30 million a year. The Cardinals ownership has maintained a payroll around 80-100 million for the past decade while receiving record attendance in the process. They have the money. Besides, I think a lot of the money Pujols gets will be paid over his lifetime.

Getting back to the original topic:

Cardinals 96
Reds 92
Brewers 90
Astros 86
Cubs 83
Pirates 60