PDA

View Full Version : Green Diamond Gallery --- Open Public Tours

Red Forman
02-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Per Doc blog piece.....

DO THIS. SERIOUSLY.

From a press release:

The Green Diamond Gallery is offering baseball fans an opportunity to visit the best collection of baseball memorabilia outside of Cooperstown with public tours. On March 5, 2011 Green Diamond Gallery will open its doors to the public for the first time for tours. Tours will begin at 10 a.m. and will last about an hour. Tours cost $20 per person and can accommodate up to ten people per tour. Tours are booking up fast so please make reservations.

For more information about tours or membership call (513) 984-4192 or email JP@greendiamondgallery.com.

This place will blow you away, even if you are just a casual fan. If you like/love baseball, you won’t want to leave.

Cuban_Missile
02-16-2011, 10:53 AM
It would be fun to get a group of people to go up and do this.

bounty37h
02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Where is this? $20 for a tour, man, I dont know.

Red Forman
02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Here's link to Green Diamond Gallery.....

http://www.greendiamondgallery.com/

bounty37h
02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
I will give it credit, very impressive looking! $20 seems pretty steep IMO, but def cool, I would prob check it out if I stumbled across it in person. How much is the Reds HOF tour? HOF in Cooperstown (I cant recall, was in hs when I went for Benchs induction)?
I went to the Babe Ruth museum in Baltimore; wasnt planning on it but happened upon it after a game, it was pretty pricey to get in as well, so guess that may be going rate these days. That was a cool trip, his daughter just happened to be there at that time, so got to meet and talk with her for awhile (think thats why I actually paid the admission when heard she was there).
Its good that these things exist, keep the history of the game going for next generations.

justincredible
02-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Where is this? $20 for a tour, man, I dont know.

Right down the street from the original Montgomery Inn. I work across the street from the Gallery, I've always wanted to take a peek inside. I'll definitely pay the $20 to get a tour.