PDA

View Full Version : MLB At Bat 2011 iPhone app question

Farney
02-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Just a quick question for anyone familiar with this app. If I buy it ($15), I am under the imPression that this gives me full access to all audio broadcasts for the entire season. This alone probably makes it worth the price. My question is if there is any type of video broadcast to go along with it? The app mentions it includes spring training video broadcasts, but didn't mention anything about regular season video. Anyone familiar with this? Thanks, and go Redlegs!

gilpdawg
03-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Yes you get home and away broadcasts for every game. Last year they had free video for one game per day. Don't know if they are doing that again or not. To get the rest of the games (blackout restrictions apply) you have to be a mlb.tv subscriber. Between that and the PS 3 streaming I think I will get it this year myself.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

Pony Boy
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
The cool thing they do is they post tons of video highlights as the game is going on. Every scoring play and every other major play is almost immediately posted to the video section. So as you are listening to the game you can watch Votto's homer or Phillips turn a double play.

Also after the game is over they post a video of the complete game, with everything but the action cut out, condensed to about 15 minutes. This is a really cool feature.

freestyle55
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I just bought it yesterday for Blackberry and listened to the game through it, good quality on the sound. Any game that WLW broadcasts will be picked up by this app, as well as if the opponents' radio feed is going...

Not as many features yet during spring training, but they're supposed to increase when the season gets here.

FutureRedsGM
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Other posters have already answered your question, but I'll add that the MLB At Bat app is the best $15 I spend every year.

Grouse
03-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Sirius XM Satilite Radio now also has a smart phone app. In Case you are a subscriber , or are intrested in more than just baseball.

gilpdawg
03-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Sirius XM Satilite Radio now also has a smart phone app. In Case you are a subscriber , or are intrested in more than just baseball.

You don't get the games with that, just the MLB Network Radio channel, because that would undercut the MLB internet venture.