PDA

View Full Version : 3/1/11- Reds (SS) @ Angels (ST) (MLBN)

Redsfan320
03-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Sappelt 8
Phillips 4
Votto 3
Hermida 9
Lewis 7
Francisco 5
Heisey 0
Hanigan 2
Janish 6

Cueto 1

Just noticed nobody's in RF for this one. I got the lineup from Sheldon, its his mistake not mine. Looking at whose already occupied today in both lineups, Hermida's the most likely option. Alright, we're good. Per Fay, it is Hermida, batting cleanup.

I won't be doing pbp for this one. As its one of the few ST games on TV, I'll be in the living room sapping up all I can.

11larkin11
03-01-2011, 01:30 PM
For those of us that aren't blessed with the greatness that is MLB Network, the game is live on MLB.TV's free spring training on the new app, MLB At Bat 2011. I believe you may also be able to watch on your computer through MLB.tv, but I'm not 100% sure on that one yet, I'll have to wait until the game starts.

Homer Bailey
03-01-2011, 03:09 PM
For those of us that aren't blessed with the greatness that is MLB Network, the game is live on MLB.TV's free spring training on the new app, MLB At Bat 2011. I believe you may also be able to watch on your computer through MLB.tv, but I'm not 100% sure on that one yet, I'll have to wait until the game starts.

It's working for me on my computer, thanks for the heads up.

Homer Bailey
03-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Missed how Sappelt got on, but Phillips K's and Sappelt steals 2nd.

Hollcat
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
How strange looking are those Reds jerseys.
Sapelt lead off single to right and steals 2b as Phillips k's.

Homer Bailey
03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Votto singles in Sappelt.

Homer Bailey
03-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Hermida grounds into a 6-4-3.

Hollcat
03-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Nice job Votto, puts it in play with two strikes and it finds a hole to drive in a run

Hollcat
03-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Not much of a crowd there

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 03:37 PM
In the bottom of the first, Cueto hits the first man he faces, then gets Abreu to line out to center and induces a 6-4-3 DP from Tori Hunter.

In the top of the second, Lewis grounds out 6-3, Juan Francisco grounds out 2-3 (can't imagine he tried to bunt for a hit, must have been a knubber) and then Heisey with a backwards K.

In the bottom of the second, Vernon wells grounded out to short, Kendrick flied out to right and then Conger lined out to left.

No Ks for Cueto but still pretty efficient. Gameday is saying he got 6 outs on 6 pitches. Not sure if this was updated...

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Jepsen now in for the Halos. Gets Hanigan to ground out 5-3 and then has Janish fly out to center and then Ks Sappelt on 3 pitches.

_Sir_Charles_
03-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Cueto must be on a pitch count because most starters have only been going 2 innings for their first outing.

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
No Ks for Cueto but still pretty efficient. Gameday is saying he got 6 outs on 6 pitches. Not sure if this was updated...

Looks like the pitch count was correct as Cueto has gone back in for the third inning. Cueto Ks Trumbo, then gives up a double to Brandon Wood and is so mad that he hits Peter Bourjos.

Two on and one out for Erick Aybar....

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Aybar knocks Wood home and then Abreu follows with an infamous sacrifice double play (8-4-3). Angels up 2-1 after 3.

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Jordan Walden facing the Reds in the fourth. Phillips first pitch swinging (big surprise, I know) and pops up to his counterpart at second.

Votto follows with a 3 pitch strikeout.

Homer Bailey
03-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Jordan Walden facing the Reds in the fourth. Phillips first pitch swinging (big surprise, I know) and pops up to his counterpart at second.

Votto follows with a 3 pitch strikeout.

Votto K'd on a 3-2 pitch, not a 3 pitch strikeout.

Otherwise, thanks for the PBP.

_Sir_Charles_
03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Logan's on the bump now. Cueto's done.

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Votto K'd on a 3-2 pitch, not a 3 pitch strikeout.

Otherwise, thanks for the PBP.

Sorry, misinformation from Gameday. I am wondering how correct these pitch counts are...

_Sir_Charles_
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Sorry, misinformation from Gameday. I am wondering how correct these pitch counts are...

They're not...at all. The results of the play you can rely on for the most part, but pitch velocity & individual pitches are not updated during spring except sporadically.

Grandal in the game now.

_Sir_Charles_
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Nice 1-2-3 inning out of Ondrusek. He looked pretty darned sharp.

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Hermida bumps his early ST BA to .750 with a hit after the Votto K and then Lewis grounds out 1-3 to end the Reds' fourth.

In the bottom of the fourth, Ondrusek comes in and gets a GO 4-3, GO 5-3, walks Kendrick, but Hanigan guns him down trying to steal second.

In the top of the fifth, Francisco singles off of Kohn, then Heisey Ks, a Hanigan grounder to first moves Francisco to second and then Janish ends the frame by popping up to the catcher.

Ondrusek continued pitching into the bottom of the fifth and gets Conger to ground out to first and then Ks Trumbo and Wood to end the fifth.

Edd Roush
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
A host of changes for both sides in the sixth. Tyler Chatwood into pitch for the Angels and he apparently gets a Jefry Sierra to ground out 3-1. I follow the Reds' minor leagues pretty well and have never heard of Jefry Sierra. Negron follows up that by getting hit. Redemption for Cueto's wildness for sure. Neftali Soto follows that up with a 4-6-3 DP. I am done with my delayed PBP now. Time to head to the airport for my flight down to Houston! Touring Minute Maid Park tomorrow!

Superdude
03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Duran is BIG. I thought he'd be ganglier

Homer Bailey
03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Duran hit one abour 380-400 feet to center, but it was caught. I believe Hamilton is due up this inning.

lollipopcurve
03-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Just watched this game on tape. As someone who follows the minors closely, this was a very enjoyable game to watch, even without much offense. A few impressions of the young guys:

Grandal receives well.
Lot of nice patient ABs (Duran, Waldrop, Hamilton).
Nobody looked overmatched.
Duran really surprised me with a couple good ABs. His AB vs. Chatwood, a legit prospect, was particularly good. Swing looked solid, compact and under control.
Some good swings from Soto.

I really like what the Reds are doing with the young guys this spring. Never seen the prospects handled this way. It's gotta be motivating for these guys, stretching all the way back through the system -- some are still really, really young.